Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Send Joe some Love
https://appalachianohio.networkforgood.com/projects/98120-the-joe-burrow-hunger-relief-fund

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Someone tell him to demand a trade ASAP
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:32 PM)OUatown Wrote: Someone tell him to demand a trade ASAP

by the time he rehabs that knee we will be a FA and can then finally get out of this loser situation he was thrown into. Feel really bad for the guy...
showed us all he was truly legit QB worth # 1 pick but the team and coaching failed him.   
Reply/Quote
I can't believe I actually thought the Bungles would actually take stock in what they had.

I really believed they would take the steps to protect a franchise QB.

Sonuvabitch I feel like a complete tool...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This is real cool.
Reply/Quote
over 700 donations so far

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:27 PM)pally Wrote: https://appalachianohio.networkforgood.com/projects/98120-the-joe-burrow-hunger-relief-fund

It’s up to almost 800 supporters today with only 70 that donated before the injury so keep spreading the love guys. It sucks but it’ll show him our support through a rough time
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
Great idea! I donated $1000 to the Cleveland food bank when the pandemic started since there are many kids who depend on school for getting 3 meals a day.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:27 PM)pally Wrote: https://appalachianohio.networkforgood.com/projects/98120-the-joe-burrow-hunger-relief-fund

Whew!  I thought you wanted to get him a hooker Shocked
Reply/Quote
over 1300 donations so far

Hunger is a real and growing problem with COVID affecting jobs and donations. Joe's foundation supports the poorest region of Ohio

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 09:16 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Great idea! I donated $1000 to the Cleveland food bank when the pandemic started since there are many kids who depend on school for getting 3 meals a day.

And you didn't even tell anyone about it .... what a guy!
Reply/Quote
I was watching the news of people getting free Turkeys for Thanksgiving for low income yesterday and noticed that most had really nice, new looking cars compared to my 20 yr old car. I think the definition of low income and poverty has changed over the years.

I hope this organization does a good job of really providing for the poor rather than to "if you need one, come get it" with no type of checking process.
Reply/Quote
Donated a few bucks myself.
Good to see WFT fans donate as well.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 11:06 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: I was watching the news of people getting free Turkeys for Thanksgiving for low income yesterday and noticed that most had really nice,  new looking cars compared to my 20 yr old car. I think the definition of low income and poverty has changed over the years.

I hope this organization does a good job or really providing for the poor rather than to "if you need one, come get it" with no type of checking process.

a lot of people have lost their good paying jobs and are out of unemployment benefits and savings.  Joe's foundation though focuses on the Athens area which is considered one of the poorest in Ohio and one of the most food insecure

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 11:21 AM)pally Wrote: a lot of people have lost their good paying jobs and are out of unemployment benefits and savings.  Joe's foundation though focuses on the Athens area which is considered one of the poorest in Ohio and one of the most food insecure

I believe it. Joe
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 09:16 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Great idea! I donated $1000 to the Cleveland food bank when the pandemic started since there are many kids who depend on school for getting 3 meals a day.

Rep to you Reuben!!!  I am the Director of Child Nutrition at a school system in a well off community in the Toledo area. So many families that were making a really good living before the pandemic are now either on furlow or lost their jobs. They are being forced to decide between food or a roof over their heads. The jobs are not out there for them to apply to to change jobs unless they want to go from 80,000 to 15 an hr. The middle class salary jobs and small business owners are the ones that are really taking it in the shorts with this and unfortuantly so are their kids.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 11:00 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And you didn't even tell anyone about it .... what a guy!

Burrow's bragging with his donations and almost everyone who donated there is also bragging, wat's the problem. Better to brag when helping people than to not do anything at all, sleddy. Whatchu do to help someone today instead of bringing others down?
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 12:03 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Rep to you Reuben!!!  I am the Director of Child Nutrition at a school system in a well off community in the Toledo area. So many families that were making a really good living before the pandemic are now either on furlow or lost their jobs. They are being forced to decide between food or a roof over their heads. The jobs are not out there for them to apply to to change jobs unless they want to go from 80,000 to 15 an hr. The middle class salary jobs and small business owners are the ones that are really taking it in the shorts with this and unfortuantly so are their kids.

Unfortunately that money doesn't go far enough, although it goes farther than one might think at first glance. Also I see the money doesn't seem to get shared from city to city. I got blasted by someone like sled21 in my neighborhood saying I should have donated to our city's food bank instead, and I said why, this is a majority of people who suffer from affluency in our city vs. Cleveland who actually needs it a lot more, but I get it many are in trouble right now regardless of their affluency, Cleveland has been poor for a long time.

It's exactly what Joe is doing, giving to Athens and not the wealthy city he might live in.

And people think there isn't a disparity in society when a lot of others major worry for the day is if they can eat enough food and if they can survive the walk to school and back.

There is some binary thought on people in poverty and thinking it's a choice, and that hard work can get them out of it. Short sighted small minded thoughts IMO.

BTW I lived in Toledo and my Dad taught there for almost 40 years.
Reply/Quote
since Sunday over $65,000 has been raised. Alot of people can get food with that money

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 06:32 PM)OUatown Wrote: Someone tell him to demand a trade ASAP

Yes please Cincy doesn't deserve him. This team will never amount to anything they are and always will be the Bungels 
Reply/Quote