Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Mock that Solves Most of Our Problems
Bengals 2017 Mock Draft

This year we were able to see that this team has a number of holes. With needs at DE, LB, CB, WR to name a few. Because of these needs, I think we see the front office trade away one of the Bengals “luxury” assets… AJ McCarron. There are a number of teams that need a QB, however I think that AJ stays in the state of Ohio and goes to a coach that understands his capabilities and that he has worked with. AJ ends up a Brown.
Bengals/Browns Trade
Bengals trade- AJ McCarron and a 5 round pick
Bengals receive- 2 round pick, 4 round pick, and Rashard Higgins

Browns trade- 2 round pick, 4 round pick, and Cody Kessler
Browns get- AJ McCarron and a 5 round pick

Round 1- Derek Barnett*, DE, Tennessee
Barnett is the RE that we need to replace MJ, and is the perfect pass rusher to pair with Dunlap. This pick is the perfect combination of BPA and need. You can’t really go wrong with this pick.

Round 2- Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan
Davis is the perfect complement to AJ Green. He is an ideal WR in a West Coast style offense. He possesses great hands, quick feet, and exceptional route running. This allows Boyd to play in the slot where he belongs.

Round 2- Raekwon McMillan, ILB, Ohio State
McMillan is the perfect ILB in the modern NFL. He has the ability to stuff the run, but also the skills needed to match up with a TE in pass coverage.

Round 3- Pat Elfein, C/G, Ohio State
Bodine isn’t cutting it. Elflein gives us the type of quality center we need, with the versatility to play guard in a pinch. His stock has dropped a little in recent weeks. Scouts are concerned with his size and length.

Round 4- Taylor Moton, OT/G, Western Michigan
Moton is a lesser known talent, but a talent. He has the versatility to play G or T, and the strength/footwork to play well in both the run and pass games.

Round 4- Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado
Needed depth at CB. With Jones aging, Dre a potential FA and a lack of depth, this pick is needed. Awuzie impressed for the Buffaloes this year.

Round 5- Eddie Vanderdoes, DT, UCLA
A stout run defender to replace the likes of Peko and Sims. Some much needed youth to pair with Atkins and Billings.

Round 6- James Conner, RB, Pittsburgh
Conner is a great story. He is a larger back, possesses great power and has adequate hands to contribute in the passing game. Don’t expect him to contribute right away. But, in a year he could be the answer at RB.

Round 7- Keionta Davis, DE, UT-Chattanooga
Davis is a bit of an unknown to most of the world. However, he has been one of the most consistent pass rushers in college football the last 2 seasons. This year he totaled 10.5 sacks with 44 tackles, 11.5 tackles for a loss, seven passes batted and three forced fumbles. As a junior, 13.5 sacks, 39 tackles, 17 for a loss, six passes broken up, and a forced fumble… and a measly 4 forced fumbles his sophomore year.

C12Schleyer

[Image: 175fb1ebe161ecda7fb32824e3682755.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 02:50 PM)c12schleyer Wrote: Bengals 2017 Mock Draft

This year we were able to see that this team has a number of holes.  With needs at DE, LB, CB, WR to name a few.  Because of these needs, I think we see the front office trade away one of the Bengals “luxury” assets… AJ McCarron.  There are a number of teams that need a QB, however I think that AJ stays in the state of Ohio and goes to a coach that understands his capabilities and that he has worked with.  AJ ends up a Brown.  
Bengals/Browns Trade

Barnett is the RE that we need to replace MJ, and is the perfect pass rusher to pair with Dunlap.  This pick is the perfect combination of BPA and need.  You can’t really go wrong with this pick.

Davis is the perfect complement to AJ Green.  He is an ideal WR in a West Coast style offense.  He possesses great hands, quick feet, and exceptional route running.  This allows Boyd to play in the slot where he belongs.

McMillan is the perfect ILB in the modern NFL.  He has the ability to stuff the run, but also the skills needed to match up with a TE in pass coverage.

Bodine isn’t cutting it.  Elflein gives us the type of quality center we need, with the versatility to play guard in a pinch.  His stock has dropped a little in recent weeks.  Scouts are concerned with his size and length.

Moton is a lesser known talent, but a talent.  He has the versatility to play G or T, and the strength/footwork to play well in both the run and pass games.

Needed depth at CB.  With Jones aging, Dre a potential FA and a lack of depth, this pick is needed. Awuzie impressed for the Buffaloes this year.

A stout run defender to replace the likes of Peko and Sims.  Some much needed youth to pair with Atkins and Billings.

Conner is a great story.  He is a larger back, possesses great power and has adequate hands to contribute in the passing game.  Don’t expect him to contribute right away.  But, in a year he could be the answer at RB.

Davis is a bit of an unknown to most of the world.  However, he has been one of the most consistent pass rushers in college football the last 2 seasons.  This year he totaled 10.5 sacks with 44 tackles, 11.5 tackles for a loss, seven passes batted and three forced fumbles.  As a junior, 13.5 sacks, 39 tackles, 17 for a loss, six passes broken up, and a forced fumble… and a measly 4 forced fumbles his sophomore year.
I like some but would disagree with others.in my opinion  Number 1. Davis will be a top 15 pick. He started out as early second round on most mocks and is already up to late first and he will keep going up imo. Especially in the senior bowl bc The one knock on him is the competition he faced. Number 2 is elflien will more than likely be gone in second round.  So my first 2 round would look something like 1.Williams 2. Walker 2. Elflien I like the rest though.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 02:50 PM)c12schleyer Wrote: Bengals 2017 Mock Draft

This year we were able to see that this team has a number of holes.  With needs at DE, LB, CB, WR to name a few.  Because of these needs, I think we see the front office trade away one of the Bengals “luxury” assets… AJ McCarron.  There are a number of teams that need a QB, however I think that AJ stays in the state of Ohio and goes to a coach that understands his capabilities and that he has worked with.  AJ ends up a Brown.  
Bengals/Browns Trade

Barnett is the RE that we need to replace MJ, and is the perfect pass rusher to pair with Dunlap.  This pick is the perfect combination of BPA and need.  You can’t really go wrong with this pick.

Davis is the perfect complement to AJ Green.  He is an ideal WR in a West Coast style offense.  He possesses great hands, quick feet, and exceptional route running.  This allows Boyd to play in the slot where he belongs.

McMillan is the perfect ILB in the modern NFL.  He has the ability to stuff the run, but also the skills needed to match up with a TE in pass coverage.

Bodine isn’t cutting it.  Elflein gives us the type of quality center we need, with the versatility to play guard in a pinch.  His stock has dropped a little in recent weeks.  Scouts are concerned with his size and length.

Moton is a lesser known talent, but a talent.  He has the versatility to play G or T, and the strength/footwork to play well in both the run and pass games.

Needed depth at CB.  With Jones aging, Dre a potential FA and a lack of depth, this pick is needed. Awuzie impressed for the Buffaloes this year.

A stout run defender to replace the likes of Peko and Sims.  Some much needed youth to pair with Atkins and Billings.

Conner is a great story.  He is a larger back, possesses great power and has adequate hands to contribute in the passing game.  Don’t expect him to contribute right away.  But, in a year he could be the answer at RB.

Davis is a bit of an unknown to most of the world.  However, he has been one of the most consistent pass rushers in college football the last 2 seasons.  This year he totaled 10.5 sacks with 44 tackles, 11.5 tackles for a loss, seven passes batted and three forced fumbles.  As a junior, 13.5 sacks, 39 tackles, 17 for a loss, six passes broken up, and a forced fumble… and a measly 4 forced fumbles his sophomore year.
Like the first pick, I dont see the C being there in the 3rd, I would switch that pick to RB Foreman, and Draft C Toth in the 6th rd. Love the Moton pick, can play OT or G, Also would like Dimick in the late rounds. Might be a hidden gem, something like 16 sacks yet you never hear his name. Other than that I can live with it.
Reply/Quote
This would be great.
Reply/Quote
Good mock, overall. Pretty realistic and fills a lot of needs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 04:00 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I like some but would disagree with others.in my opinion  Number 1. Davis will be a top 15 pick. He started out as early second round on most mocks and is already up to late first and he will keep going up imo. Especially in the senior bowl bc The one knock on him is the competition he faced. Number 2 is elflien will more than likely be gone in second round.  So my first 2 round would look something like 1.Williams 2. Walker 2. Elflien I like the rest though.

I'm in agreement with Jpoore on this. The top C is usually gone in the mid-late first round, early second at worst. The second center also typically drafted somewhere in the second round.
Elflein and Pocic both have versatility to play OG too, which further boosts their stock.

If one of the top two centers is desired, the Bengals will need to pull the trigger within the first two rounds.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Not too shabby on the mock draft. However, aren't you forgetting about a few picks? I read where the Bengals are to receive two 4th and two 6th round comp picks, which means with your trade scenario, the Bengals would have four 4th round and three 6th round picks.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2017, 04:03 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm in agreement with Jpoore on this. The top C is usually gone in the mid-late first round, early second at worst. The second center also typically drafted somewhere in the second round.
Elflein and Pocic both have versatility to play OG too, which further boosts their stock.

If one of the top two centers is desired, the Bengals will need to pull the trigger within the first two rounds.

I agree with you, but multiple reports have come out with concern to Elflein's size/strength.  I think this causes a small slide into the 2/3 round range.

C12Schleyer

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2017, 04:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not too shabby on the mock draft.  However, aren't you forgetting about a few picks?  I read where the Bengals are to receive two 4th and two 6th round comp picks, which means with your trade scenario, the Bengals would have four 4th round and three 6th round picks.

I didn't want to assume the comp picks.  but the additional picks in the 4th would be great.

C12Schleyer

Reply/Quote