2.  Raekwon Davis DT/DE Alabama
3.  Akeem Davis Gaither LB App State
4.  Thaddeus Moss TE LSU
5.  Ben Bartch OT St Johns
6.  Damien Lewis OG LSU
7.  Clayton Johnston LB Baylor

great mock,way to pick them and could be a reality.love this mock
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2020, 12:31 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: great mock,way to pick them and could be a reality.love this mock

Thanks bro. I did one this morning and can’t figure out which I’d prefer. What you think?

1. Joe Burrow QB LSU
2. Tee Higgins WR Clemson
3. Akeem Davis Gaither LB App State
4. Thaddeus Moss TE LSU
5. Ben Bartch OT St Johns
6. Reggie Walker DE/OLB Kansas St
7. Clayton Johnston LB Baylor
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 01:51 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: 1.  Joe Burrow QB LSU
4.  Thaddeus Moss TE LSU
6.  Damien Lewis OG LSU

Been thinking they will go after a 3-4 End more and more, love this Mock, would just be a shame to not get a WR in this insanely 
deep class. Still would love this Draft. Bartch and Lewis in the 5th and 6th are steals.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 01:51 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: 1.  Joe Burrow QB LSU
4.  Thaddeus Moss TE LSU
6.  Damien Lewis OG LSU

I really can't see them spending both Day 2 picks on defense after signing 5 new defensive starters in FA.  Seriously, we're going to draft Joe Burrow and give him a second tier FA G, a scrub WR, his college TE, and a couple of Day 3 OL prospects to work with?

ADG in the third is a terrible pick, imo.  Kid has an ankle fracture that required surgery that you're not going to be able to adequately check out before the draft.  He's also a small school prospect and there's belief that all of OTA's will be wiped out, meaning if he's ready to go from his injury, he still likely won't make much impact as a rookie.  He's strictly a Day 3 guy to me.  There will be much safer LB's available at the top of 3.

Lewis is not a good scheme fit.  We run a pin and pull run blocking scheme and he lacks the length and athletic ability to pull.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2020, 01:46 PM)Whatever Wrote: I really can't see them spending both Day 2 picks on defense after signing 5 new defensive starters in FA.  Seriously, we're going to draft Joe Burrow and give him a second tier FA G, a scrub WR, his college TE, and a couple of Day 3 OL prospects to work with?

ADG in the third is a terrible pick, imo.  Kid has an ankle fracture that required surgery that you're not going to be able to adequately check out before the draft.  He's also a small school prospect and there's belief that all of OTA's will be wiped out, meaning if he's ready to go from his injury, he still likely won't make much impact as a rookie.  He's strictly a Day 3 guy to me.  There will be much safer LB's available at the top of 3.

Lewis is not a good scheme fit.  We run a pin and pull run blocking scheme and he lacks the length and athletic ability to pull.  

These are good players. Bengals need more good players. Coaching can take care of the rest.
Reply/Quote
Nicwe mock. Clayton Johnston looks intriguing. Dude brings the hammer.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2020, 05:05 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Nicwe mock. Clayton Johnston looks intriguing. Dude brings the hammer.

Love Johnston man. Really think he could come in a contribute in situational and be a stud off the pine
Reply/Quote
Whatever Wrote:ADG in the third is a terrible pick, imo.  Kid has an ankle fracture that required surgery that you're not going to be able to adequately check out before the draft.  He's also a small school prospect and there's belief that all of OTA's will be wiped out, meaning if he's ready to go from his injury, he still likely won't make much impact as a rookie.  He's strictly a Day 3 guy to me.  There will be much safer LB's available at the top of 3.

You don't like small school guys do you?

I have a mid day 2 grade on Akeem Davis-Gaither especially after he came away as one of the best defensive players in Mobile while lining up Captian Lou's defense. A simple ankle is not gonna scare me away.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2020, 05:41 PM)Synric Wrote: You don't like small school guys do you?

I have a mid day 2 grade on Akeem Davis-Gaither especially after he came away as one of the best defensive players in Mobile while lining up Captian Lou's defense. A simple ankle is not gonna scare me away.

After years of bad drafts, my feeling is that we need to focus on drafting clean prospects on Day 2.  That means no small school prospects, project players without a true position, or guys with injury issues.  

There is a much bigger learning curve for these small school players coming to the NFL.  OTA's being wiped out makes that curve a lot sharper for everyone.  On top of that,ADG has injury concerns, size issues, and you don't have a read on his measurables.  He is as high risk of a prospect as you can find.

How many times have we been burned by spending high draft picks on injured players in recent years?  How many times has it paid off?  

The vast majority of the Senior Bowl's roster is day 3 picks and CFA's, with a small handful of Day 1 and 2 prospects.  ADG didn't play in the Bengals defense.  He played in a highly stripped down basic defense because that's all the rules allow and that's all they have time to install.  Looking good there is equivalent to looking good in the 4th quarter of a preseason game.  I feel like people put way too much stock into it.  
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2020, 09:40 PM)Whatever Wrote: After years of bad drafts, my feeling is that we need to focus on drafting clean prospects on Day 2.  That means no small school prospects, project players without a true position, or guys with injury issues.  

There is a much bigger learning curve for these small school players coming to the NFL.  OTA's being wiped out makes that curve a lot sharper for everyone.  On top of that,ADG has injury concerns, size issues, and you don't have a read on his measurables.  He is as high risk of a prospect as you can find.

How many times have we been burned by spending high draft picks on injured players in recent years?  How many times has it paid off?  

The vast majority of the Senior Bowl's roster is day 3 picks and CFA's, with a small handful of Day 1 and 2 prospects.  ADG didn't play in the Bengals defense.  He played in a highly stripped down basic defense because that's all the rules allow and that's all they have time to install.  Looking good there is equivalent to looking good in the 4th quarter of a preseason game.  I feel like people put way too much stock into it.  

You make a lot of good points here.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2020, 05:41 PM)Synric Wrote: You don't like small school guys do you?

The Bengals don't typically go for small school guys.
I think a part of that is a lack of scouts to be able to go sufficiently scout them.
And they haven't had a lot of success with non-Power 5 school prospects either.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote