Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Moss era begins
(11-27-2021, 11:07 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Does he have any other highlights? Because a quadriplegic could make that catch

Couple good plays there. Two great blocks, sideline toe drag catch, taking a hit shedding it and going for a TD.

Nothing overwhelming, but there's a pretty hard limit on how much you can put up in an offense with Ja'Marr Chase, Justin Jefferson, Terrance Marshall, and Clyde Edwards-Helaire already getting their touches.

I'm not sure he'll ever do much of anything in the NFL, but I am willing to give him a try if it means that Sample doesn't play 45% of the offensive snaps anymore.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2021, 06:15 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Glitter, glisten, gloss, floss.
I catch a beat runnin like Thaddeus Moss.

[Image: WhimsicalFancyKodiakbear-size_restricted.gif]

Every time!!!!
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2021, 08:30 PM)Destro Wrote: Killer Mike on "The Whole World" by Outkast. Underappreciated verse. Nice usage.  Rock On

Killer Mike saves that song in my opinion.

I'm hopin' Moss makes a run at the Golden Binns trophy this week. It'll be tough to dethrone the 3 time defending champ...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2021, 11:38 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote:

Couple good plays there. Two great blocks, sideline toe drag catch, taking a hit shedding it and going for a TD.

Nothing overwhelming, but there's a pretty hard limit on how much you can put up in an offense with Ja'Marr Chase, Justin Jefferson, Terrance Marshall, and Clyde Edwards-Helaire already getting their touches.

I'm not sure he'll ever do much of anything in the NFL, but I am willing to give him a try if it means that Sample doesn't play 45% of the offensive snaps anymore.

Good stuff, Leap.  Before anyone throws out how he was signed by the WFT and then released, he had a significant foot injury that required surgery that he apparently played through.  He is a very underrated TE as a receiver.  As Hobson said once in camp:  "The LBs simply can't stay with him".  (Cue the lack of coverage skills by the LBs).  

Not playing ST is a big debit in his ledger, but I think he probably has been working on that and I hope he gets a shot.  He is also underrated as a blocker.  Like Gio's ability vs. Mixon's....It isn't size and strength, but technique and will.  

Good luck, Thad, and I hope Randy is at the game.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He's gonna have to play like Uzo or else he can go play somewhere else.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 10:13 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Good stuff, Leap.  Before anyone throws out how he was signed by the WFT and then released, he had a significant foot injury that required surgery that he apparently played through.  

He was a third day draft prospect before the foot injury was discovered at the combine.  He had surgery in February of 2020 and was 100% fully recovered in May of 2021 when Washington released him.

But I am interested to see what he can do or if he will get significant snaps.  Don't see him getting close to Uzo, but Sample plays over a third of the snaps and he might be an upgrade there.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 01:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He was a third day draft prospect before the foot injury was discovered at the combine.  He had surgery in February of 2020 and was 100% fully recovered in May of 2021 when Washington released him.

But I am interested to see what he can do or if he will get significant snaps.  Don't see him getting close to Uzo, but Sample plays over a third of the snaps and he might be an upgrade there.

The point I was trying to make about the injury was that it could have effected his play.  And "day 3" includes the 4th round, so it isn't like it was a done deal that he wouldn't be drafted.  The injury hurt his stock quite a bit, I believe.  Regardless, I don't see him getting snaps from either Uzo or Sample, but could be used if they go three TEs where Sample is almost always used as a blocker.  

It was odd early on this week that Sample was split outside a few snaps.  
Reply/Quote
Did anyone see him? I haven't watched a game since the bye (the key to our success). So just curious. I have them DVR'd and will catch up on individual players this offseason.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 11:23 AM)jj22 Wrote: Did anyone see him? I haven't watched a game since the bye (the key to our success). So just curious. I have them DVR'd and will catch up on individual players this offseason.

Peter Schrager said he didn't play, tweaked his Hammy in warm ups.
Reply/Quote
Thad Moss was the only active Bengal not to play yesterday

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
No glitter, glisten, gloss, or floss from Thaddeus Moss.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 12:24 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: No glitter, glisten, gloss, or floss from Thaddeus Moss.

He did all that while fetching Gatorade for his teammates.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
According to Zac, the hamstring injury appears to be long term

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 05:05 PM)pally Wrote: According to Zac, the hamstring injury appears to be long term

I certainly hope and pray TE is on shopping list for next yr. Im  sick of seeing other teams land good talent at this position while we stand pat with Drew Sample and Uzo (who I do like).
Pitt has great young star in Friermouth (haha, spell check please) and theres Dawson Knox at Buff, Noah Fant, Gisecki etc. 
lets get more talent there please, it would benefit Burrow exponentially. Remember when Eifert was lighting it up? Dalton was having banner yrs.   
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 05:50 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I certainly hope and pray TE is on shopping list for next yr. Im  sick of seeing other teams land good talent at this position while we stand pat with Drew Sample and Uzo (who I do like).
Pitt has great young star in Friermouth (haha, spell check please) and theres Dawson Knox at Buff, Noah Fant, Gisecki etc. 
lets get more talent there please, it would benefit Burrow exponentially. Remember when Eifert was lighting it up? Dalton was having banner yrs.   

Uzomah is fine for how the Bengals use TEs, but he's going to be 29 next year and set to hit FA.
I personally might look to go for someone who is a bit more elite athletically like OJ Howard in hopes of getting a guy who could put up WR2/3-caliber receiving numbers, but I'd be ok re-signing Uzomah. He's come back well from his Achilles injury.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 06:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Uzomah is fine for how the Bengals use TEs, but he's going to be 29 next year and set to hit FA.
I personally might look to go for someone who is a bit more elite athletically like OJ Howard in hopes of getting a guy who could put up WR2/3-caliber receiving numbers, but I'd be ok re-signing Uzomah. He's come back well from his Achilles injury.

Howard hasn't really been anything that a healthy CJ can't be plus he's only like a year younger. Even with Gronk out Howard hasn't done much this year. Gronk in last game alone almost has more yards this year then Howard this year or last. 

CJ seems to be a great locker room guy (Howard may be as well, I have no idea) and him and Burrow seem to have really good chemistry. Burrow to CJ are 30/34 so far this year for an 88% completion percentage. 
Reply/Quote
Man. That is some bad luck. Think the Moss experiment may be over before it even got started. I know that was the big knock. Major injury flags.
Reply/Quote
Tyler Eifert thinks Moss is soft at TE.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 08:58 PM)TheFan Wrote: Howard hasn't really been anything that a healthy CJ can't be plus he's only like a year younger. Even with Gronk out Howard hasn't done much this year. Gronk in last game alone almost has more yards this year then Howard this year or last. 

CJ seems to be a great locker room guy (Howard may be as well, I have no idea) and him and Burrow seem to have really good chemistry. Burrow to CJ are 30/34 so far this year for an 88% completion percentage. 

Howard is faster than Uzomah (4.51 vs 4.63), and he's produced more in his 53 games than Uzomah has in his 74 (1737-15 vs 1429-13). It's not just because of more opportunities either, as Howard only has 179 targets compared to Uzomah's 203. Howard simply has a way better YPC (14.6 vs 9.9).
As for Gronk, he's only missed 5 games, and Howard has been sharing TE touches with Brate.
Last, Howard just turned 27 just over a week ago. Uzomah turns 29 in mid-January. So he's basically two years older, as I said.

I stand by my statement that I think Howard could potentially put out more production than what Uzomah has, but I'm fine with Uzomah if they choose to keep him. I do think Howard will be about the same cost or cheaper than Uzomah.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 10:34 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Howard is faster than Uzomah (4.51 vs 4.63), and he's produced more in his 53 games than Uzomah has in his 74 (1737-15 vs 1429-13). It's not just because of more opportunities either, as Howard only has 179 targets compared to Uzomah's 203. Howard simply has a way better YPC (14.6 vs 9.9).
As for Gronk, he's only missed 5 games, and Howard has been sharing TE touches with Brate.
Last, Howard just turned 27 just over a week ago. Uzomah turns 29 in mid-January. So he's basically two years older, as I said.

I stand by my statement that I think Howard could potentially put out more production than what Uzomah has, but I'm fine with Uzomah if they choose to keep him. I do think Howard will be about the same cost or cheaper than Uzomah.

I agree he's a good player and maybe he would be an slight upgrade (definitely would be over Sample) but his best years were his first 2. He's been a bit more similar to CJ the last 3. 

If they're the same price I think Howard could be a good pick up but I think he may be more expensive because of the name and potential. 
Reply/Quote