Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Most Common National Holiday
I just stumbled upon this topic on Reddit, and it kind of floored me. I spent just a little bit of time making sure these numbers were correct and it appears they are.

The most common national holiday is Independence from the British. It's celebrated on average every 6 days! Britain is responsible for 63 Independence Days!!!

Fwiw, the 2nd highest Indpendece Day comes from France, which occurs, on average, every 13 days. The 3rd highest is Spain, which occurs, on average, every 21 days.

I knew Europe did some serious pillaging back in the day but I had absolutely no clue that many countries claimed these holidays.

PS I'm not sure if this even belongs in this thread. I initially was going to put this in Klotsch, but I figured it would be better served being in here. Plus, it has the potential to go off the rails a bit.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2021, 01:20 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I just stumbled upon this topic on Reddit, and it kind of floored me.  I spent just a little bit of time making sure these numbers were correct and it appears they are.

The most common national holiday is Independence from the British.  It's celebrated on average every 6 days!  Britain is responsible for 63 Independence Days!!!

Here's why:  The sun never set . . . .
[Image: vintage-british-empire-world-map-1910-ca...ciates.jpg]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote