Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Most Stupid Loss In Bengals History
I've been watching Bengals since game 1 in 1968.  I have seen Bengals win or lose many ways.  ....To give up 30 yards in penalties on one play to give up the game winning field goal is the most stupid way of losing by them ever.....Consider it was the play-offs. Now most play-offs we just got beat. The few we won, we went on to Super Bowl and lost close games, but there was nothing stupid about those Super Bowls, just a good 49ers team.....

To have the young back-up AJ McCarron hit AJ Green and put Bengals in lead with about 2 minutes left was a great comeback....Then Burfict intercepted a pass and it looked real good....but he got up and ran the wrong way 70 some yards down field, and Bengals were lucky that wasn't called a safety giving Steelers lead and Bengals punting. ....Coach Lewis tried to calm Burfict and players down......Then Hill fumbled on the first play.   Time was running out when Big Ben completed a pass and Burfict launced himself into the receivers head as he has many times in his career. Besides being a catch for yards, tack on 15 more for the penalty.  Still, this would have been a 50 yard field goal in the rain, but Bengals Adam Jones got nailed for a 15 yard penalty of unsportsman like conduct and that GAVE....GAVE Steelers the easy field goal to win......

Because they lost their heads and forgot the situation and the play-offs, they played right into Steelers hands. They were suckered, fooled and in short stupid.  What had been one of the great Bengals play-off wins ever was handed away in a few seconds due to stupid players forgetting the situation on the field and the amount of time left.

I had considered due to the rain and young QB that perhaps 3 kneel downs would eat up Steelers time outs and we could pin them back with 90 yards to go and no time outs. I don't blame the run call. Even with the fumble, Steelers don't win if Bengals don't give up that pass play and then tack on 30 more yards in stupid penalties on same play.

This is easily the most stupid way to lose a football game in the Bengals entire history.  That it happened in the play-offs with the lead at end of game, and they just Bungled the game away makes it more stupid.  We can say Steelers baited the trap, but Bungles walked into the trap.  ....When McCarron hit Green for game winning TD, they were The Bengals....but they made so many stupid plays in the next 2 minutes, they ended the game as THE BUNGLES. .....The most stupid loss ever in Bengals history....They turned a great play-off win into a stupid loss with 2 unsportsmanlike penalties on same play to put Steelers in easy field goal range with about 20 seconds left. Just stupid, no excuse for it. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I hated , absolutely hated when Burfict and the defense ran down the tunnel after his interception, that was just showing up the Steelers before the game was over and it came back to bite dumbass Burfict in the butt. The Steelers got the last laugh and Tez looked like a fool. At least wait until the game is over before you celebrate like a mad man and run across the field down the tunnel. You know , act like you've been there before. Couldn't believe how immature and stupid some of our players are and how Marv has no control over them.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:08 PM)Butchie Tiger Wrote: I hated , absolutely hated when Burfict and the defense ran down the tunnel after his interception, that was just showing up the Steelers before the game was over and it came back to bite dumbass Burfict in the butt. The Steelers got the last laugh and Tez looked like a fool. At least wait until the game is over before you celebrate like a mad man and run across the field down the tunnel. You know , act like you've been there before. Couldn't believe how immature and stupid some of our players are and how Marv has no control over them.

and they could have said he was never whistled down, and he just gave Steelers 2 points and lead on a safety.  Why run the wrong way 70 yards ? ....and I would have had no problem with 3 kneel downs and using Steelers 3 time outs, considering young McCarron and the rain.  The fumble left them with all their time outs.  Still, if we don't give them 30 yards in unsportsmanlike penalties after that catch, they aren't in field goal range....Some Bengals just lost all control and focus and gave the game away. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:08 PM)Butchie Tiger Wrote: I hated , absolutely hated when Burfict and the defense ran down the tunnel after his interception, that was just showing up the Steelers before the game was over and it came back to bite dumbass Burfict in the butt. The Steelers got the last laugh and Tez looked like a fool. At least wait until the game is over before you celebrate like a mad man and run across the field down the tunnel. You know , act like you've been there before. Couldn't believe how immature and stupid some of our players are and how Marv has no control over them.

Imagine if he wasnt touched when he went down, that could've been a safety if refs didnt blow whistle. I agree with you though, that was ridiculous. I cant be a fan of this very talented dirty clown unless he cleans it up. And even though Marvin should get criticized, these are supposed to men that are professionals.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well, we make fun of the Browns and we look even dumber.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I saw Joe Namath once on the sidelines injured in a big woman's type white fur coat, and not even in the game he yelled at the refs until unsportsman like penalties cost them the game.....but it is rare you see a team lose a play-off game over two 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalties. That is 30 yards moving the Steelers from a 65 yard field goal to a 50 yard field goal to a 35 yard field goal, all on one play.....The sad thing is, AJ McCarron had this game won for us, the kid came through. .....Burfict knows not to launch helmet to helmet. He gets fined, he gets concussions, he just never learns and maybe never will....and maybe for all his talent, why no teams drafted him.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The players acted the way they did because they dont know to win, and thats all on Lewis.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:48 PM)kevin Wrote: I saw Joe Namath once on the sidelines injured in a big woman's type white fur coat, and not even in the game he yelled at the refs until unsportsman like penalties cost them the game.....but it is rare you see a team lose a play-off game over two 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalties. That is 30 yards moving the Steelers from a 65 yard field goal to a 50 yard field goal to a 35 yard field goal, all on one play.....The sad thing is, AJ McCarron had this game won for us, the kid came through.  .....Burfict knows not to launch helmet to helmet. He gets fined, he gets concussions, he just never learns and maybe never will....and maybe for all his talent, why no teams drafted him.

Burfict didn't hit Brown with his helmet.  He clearly hit him with his shoulder.
Reply/Quote
Yes, we remember.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 07:27 PM)Shepdawg Wrote: Burfict didn't hit Brown with his helmet.  He clearly hit him with his shoulder.
OK, looking at replay it was a late hit to Browns helmet with his shoulder pads...still a late hit on a defenseless receiver...and still stupid considering those 15 yards and the 15 yards of Adam Jones put Steelers in chip shot field goal range. ...There was only 20 seconds left. ...Bengals put Steelers in game winning field goal range...Bengals have nobody to blame but their own stupidity. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:56 AM)kevin Wrote: OK, looking at replay it was a late hit to Browns helmet with his shoulder pads...still a late hit on a defenseless receiver...and still stupid considering those 15 yards and the 15 yards of Adam Jones put Steelers in chip shot field goal range. ...There was only 20 seconds left. ...Bengals put Steelers in game winning field goal range...Bengals have nobody to blame but their own stupidity. 

I really don't believe there's any way Burfict avoids hitting him.  
In fact, as I watch the replay, I see Burfict trying to avoid him.  The ball was still in the air, and Brown additionally gets pushed into Burfict.  Really, that's what happened.  
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:03 AM)West Union KennyG Wrote: I really don't believe there's any way Burfict avoids hitting him.  
In fact, as I watch the replay, I see Burfict trying to avoid him.  The ball was still in the air, and Brown additionally gets pushed into Burfict.  Really, that's what happened.  

Really, that's not what happened. That's a good excuse for us Bengals and we can say we got screwed and we can say Adam Jones got screwed, but that's not what happened.  The refs didn't screw the Bengals, the Bengals screwed themselves. ...We can blame the refs, the Steelers, but with around 20 seconds left the Bengals just gave the Steelers 30 free yards and a game winning chip shot field goal...Too bad because McCarron did throw what should have been the game winning TD.  It wasn't the kids fault. ...Some Bengals just lost focus of the play-off game clock and game situation and flushed the entire season down the drain with 20 seconds left. 

Again, this is the most stupid loss in Bengals history, nothing even close. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Jeremy Hill lost us the game end of story
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 07:27 PM)Shepdawg Wrote: Burfict didn't hit Brown with his helmet.  He clearly hit him with his shoulder.

He had time to pull up, stop or at least not to lower his helmet. Stay straight up and at least show your trying not to hit the guy. After 0-7 this is all on Lewis. Dammit grab Hill by the face mask before the 1st play and tell him no matter what DO NOT LET THEM STAND YOU UP AND FUMBLE, he goes down on first contact the whole damn season then he tries to break tackles without both hands on the ball. But we still should have won, so once again you think Marvin would tell the team DONT DO ANYTHING STUPID, and of course they do. I know Porter should not have been on the field but Marvin should have got his players together away from him as to not fall for that trap but no he just stands there. Shit I dont even want to get started on the BS point after cluster F$#K. Marvin has managed to lose any possible way you can in the post season, at some point he has to go but we all know better. I think im done venting. Sorry
Reply/Quote
Throwing the ball over the middle, you're asking for a penalty. I distinctly remember Ray Lewis smacking Chad Johnson down the middle of the last drive for the Bengals. Penalty was called because Chad didn't have the chin strap on his helmet so the helmet went flying.

Just a sickening way to lose the game, but I'm not sure the Bengals had much left in them for the playoffs, they depleted their energy/team just to try and win. It doesn't take a blood bath to win a playoff game, it's because shittsburgh came to town.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:56 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Throwing the ball over the middle, you're asking for a penalty. I distinctly remember Ray Lewis smacking Chad Johnson down the middle of the last drive for the Bengals. Penalty was called because Chad didn't have the chin strap on his helmet so the helmet went flying.

Just a sickening way to lose the game, but I'm not sure the Bengals had much left in them for the playoffs, they depleted their energy/team just to try and win. It doesn't take a blood bath to win a playoff game, it's because shittsburgh came to town.

Yup! This was the one team i didnt want to face, even if we won i knew there would be injuries. Can a team owner change divisions?
Reply/Quote
I think once the Bengals get through that hump (beating the Steelers in the playoffs), they're going straight to the super bowl. The rest of the teams can't survive in the AFC-N, imagine if they played every game like that during the regular season - lol.  The only team remaining that fits into that mantra is Seattle.

I don't think there are as many teams that could have stacked up with Dalton. The problem is few teams are 100% healthy by this time of year. It's true a couple major mistakes did us in, that's how almost every NFL game goes. Also having a backup at the most critical position can hurt, but nobody will know how much.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote