Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Mueller Report thread
(04-05-2019, 10:45 AM)jj22 Wrote: If it was a witch hunt/hoax, there'd be no Grand jury! There'd be no "investigations still in progress".

That's the big point in all this.

They are lying. You are criticizing me when you should be criticizing the people pushing this "full exoneration" Muelller report found it was a hoax/witch hunt etc lie we've been hearing about the last two weeks and people was gloating about earlier in this thread.

We both agree there is a grand jury, there is an on going investigation etc. We agree on everything except I'm calling out Trump, Barr, and his supporters on their lie and you are scrutinizing me for calling them out on it.

A Grand Jury, or an ongoing investigation (anything that is classified and needs redacted) would not be an issue if it was deemed by Mueller a witch hunt/Hoax etc. like Trump and his supporters are claiming.

JJ, I don't think Mike was criticizing you. He was making some procedural points about your argument.

Mike reminds us that grand jury interrogations may have two by products which cannot go public--1) clandestine sources and methods, which our intel services want to remain secret, and 2) personal information about people who are not "targets" of the investigation, and so have a right to privacy.

Like you, I think Trump and supporters tried to spin "no collusion" into complete exoneration of everything, including instruction. And like you, I don't buy that. But I want a PROPERLY redacted version to become public.  I don't want Barr or whomever to use 1) and 2) as an excuse to cut information culpatory for Trump. That is why Congress, at least the intel committee, needs to see an unredacted version to reassure us that has not occurred.  The public cannot/should not see a completely unredacted version of the report, though.

Mike knows full well what Trump and his supporters are claiming. He also knows all that noise has no legal consequence so he won't get worked up about it. The case is not closed, story still unfolding, etc. so he's waiting to see how it plays out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Barr on grand jury material, whether he would ask court if could release: my intention is not to ask for it, at this stage.

Under Rule 6(e)(3)(D), the national security/foreign intelligence exception to grand jury secrecy, the Attorney General can provide grand jury information to the Chairs of the House Intelligence and Judiciary Committes without asking for court permission.

Grand jury info is not a legitimate excuse for redactions.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Barr has also refused to say if the WH has been briefed or has been involved in the redacting processes.

Breaking: Mueller declined to review Barr's summary of his conclusions, Barr testifies

Mueller knows what is up.

(04-09-2019, 12:48 PM)jj22 Wrote: Breaking: Mueller declined to review Barr's summary of his conclusions, Barr testifies

Mueller knows what is up.

As in knows it's a big nothing burger?  Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Yep. A big nothing burger that Trump supporters "curiously" want hidden from the world.....

(04-09-2019, 01:01 PM)jj22 Wrote: Yep. A big nothing burger that Trump supporters "curiously" want hidden from the world.....

I haven't heard many people (Trump supporters included) that say they don't want it ever released. I think most people are in agreement they'd like to have it available. 

How many people are going to actually read it though? Probably a very very small percentage. They'll just wait for the CNN/NBC/Fox news summary. 

I have to say JJ. You almost seem disappointed that the President of the United States probably didn't collude with Russia.  Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Just because I'm not as quick to believe Trump/Barr as others?

With their history why should I be?

All I've said all along is you can't believe Trump/Barr and someone needs to see the full report. Congress or Americans.

I also point to how the Starr report (which was political in it's demand for impeachment for far less) was handled (no redactions, released in full, grand jury testimony and everything).

Barr used the word 'inklings' regarding the report. In other words, Mueller was keeping everyone informed. There is no bombshell hidden. Even the main stream media and their abundance of leaks and unnamed sources had to back off preceding it's release.
Mueller wasn't keeping everyone informed. That's not even how he operates.

Barr's use of the word "inkling" with anything to do with his views of what Mueller meant in the report should be all the more troubling.

But I guess "inkling" means something different now (a fact).

Whats another word for cover up?

We could make a new one. For example. I got caught stealing. My buddy was the cop that showed up. He william barred the shit and i went on my merry way.
Corruption at the highest levels. And a large portion of one of the major parties is complicit.
(04-09-2019, 03:50 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Whats another word for cover up?

We could make a new one. For example. I got caught stealing. My buddy was the cop that showed up. He william barred the shit and i went on my merry way.

Except William Barr would be if your buddy was the Judge. Mueller would be the cop, I guess?

Also they already have a phrase for that:

"I got caught stealing. My buddy was the judge who oversaw my case. We Talked About Our Grandchildren and now everything is fine. They really Loretta Lynch'd that away for me."

- - - - - - - - 

Wait, you mean this isn't a new thing and politicians will always look out for their own? Damn, and here I thought we could talk about how this is groundbreaking and how Trump is Hitler.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
What I don't get is why anyone who is a supporter of DJT would NOT want the report released.  I mean anyone.  

This was a good thing for Trump, right?

But this does fit a pattern of the right.  Kavanaugh gets accused of something and they fight tooth and nail against looking into it at all.  Clinton is investigated multiple times (including testifying under oath for hours) for multiple things and they want MORE investigations....all while accusing the Democrats of "playing politics".  They hate investigations (even ones they start like Mueller's) against their own party.  And I get that. But at least admit it. Nunes, Graham, the whole bunch are "playing politics".

Look at the request for the tax returns.  I'd bet your salary that most of the ones saying it is "all about politics" don't even know why the law was passed in the first place in 1924 and how it relates to DJT.

Kinda sad.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-09-2019, 04:21 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Except William Barr would be if your buddy was the Judge. Mueller would be the cop, I guess?

"I got caught stealing. My buddy was the judge who oversaw my case. We Talked About Our Grandchildren and now everything is fine. They really Loretta Lynch'd that away for me."

- - - - - - - - 

Wait, you mean this isn't a new thing and politicians will always look out for their own? Damn, and here I thought we could talk about how this is groundbreaking and how Trump is Hitler.

I see it as Mueller would be the cop who pulls you over after seeing you weaving to give a DUI test. Barr is the lawyer from the prosecutor's office doing a ride-along who takes the results from Mueller while saying, "It's okay, bro. I know this dude.", and then he tears them up.

And, in fact, there is a phrase for that: "Dude! I really Trumped my way out of that shit!!! Where's the beer?"
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(04-09-2019, 01:32 PM)Goalpost Wrote:  There is no bombshell hidden. 

This is what I think.  There is some stuff in there that will make Trump look bad, at least to the people capable of admitting he can do anything bad, but there are no big bombshells or smoking guns.
(04-09-2019, 05:01 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I see it as Mueller would be the cop who pulls you over after seeing you weaving to give a DUI test. Barr is the lawyer from the prosecutor's office doing a ride-along who takes the results from Mueller while saying, "It's okay, bro. I know this dude.", and then he tears them up.

And, in fact, there is a phrase for that: "Dude! I really Trumped my way out of that shit!!! Where's the beer?"

Maybe. Not saying Trump is completely innocent, but if Barr was at full on tearing-up-the-results levels, I can't imagine Mueller staying silent about it. It's more likely that the DUI was negative, but there were still a bunch of empty beer cans in the back seat, and some panties that didn't fit Trump's wife in the car. Things that aren't going to get you a DUI, but sure as hell isn't a good look (and you'd prefer to be kept quiet).

Justice Kavanaugh, is that you?   Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(04-09-2019, 04:21 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Except William Barr would be if your buddy was the Judge. Mueller would be the cop, I guess?

Ah, yeah, Clinton talking to Lynch on a plane had to be proof of something improper because speaking to her on a plane was the only way on earth he would ever have been able to communicate with her.
(04-09-2019, 05:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Maybe. Not saying Trump is completely innocent, but if Barr was at full on tearing-up-the-results levels, I can't imagine Mueller staying silent about it. It's more likely that the DUI was negative, but there were still a bunch of empty beer cans in the back seat, and some panties that didn't fit Trump's wife in the car. Things that aren't going to get you a DUI, but sure as hell isn't a good look (and you'd prefer to be kept quiet).

Justice Kavanaugh, is that you?   Ninja

Yeah... I was sort of thiking of Kavanugh when I wrote that! Hilarious

And, yeah, I agree about "other things".
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(04-09-2019, 01:06 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: How many people are going to actually read it though? Probably a very very small percentage. They'll just wait for the CNN/NBC/Fox news summary. 

I'll bring this up again, but the Starr report topped the NYT bestsellers list. When ti hit the internet, there were millions that logged on to view that document when it dropped. Plenty will read it.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR