Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Myles Murphy haters need to keep being loud even when he’s playing good
What’s not gonna happen is people shit on Myles all season then when he plays better you get quiet as a church mouse.

Naw keep saying he’s trash. Dont change up now.

Another sack for Myles and this one was a solo sack.

Gon head then young man
-Housh
Reply/Quote
It's almost like a 21 year old rookie who specifically fell to the bottom of the first because hes raw is gonna take a few games to get good. Crazy thought for some on this board I know.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 01:27 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: It's almost like a 21 year old rookie who specifically fell to the bottom of the first because hes raw is gonna take a few games to get good.  Crazy thought for some on this board I know.

Not only that he was all over the run today six solo tackles, 2 in the open field against the read option very impressed would like to see him getting some of Hubbard pass rush downs snaps..
Reply/Quote
His speed at DE pops off. He definitely is our fastest defensive linemen. He’s coming along nicely. This was a great draft class so far.
Reply/Quote
This seems like a weirdly aggressive thread about a 1st round pick who is in a 3-way tie for 10th most sacks among rookies and the two guys he is tied with haven't played yet this week.

He also has a 55.0 grade on PFF is that matters at all.

He's been a less productive version of 2021 Joseph Ossai, except Ossai was a 3rd round pick.

- - - - - -

Meanwhile Sam LaPorta has 758 yards and 9 TDs.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 09:46 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: This seems like a weirdly aggressive thread about a 1st round pick who is in a 3-way tie for 10th most sacks among rookies and the two guys he is tied with haven't played yet this week.

He's been a less productive version of 2021 Joseph Ossai, except Ossai was a 3rd round pick.

- - - - - -

Housh is taking something personally! Big Grin
Reply/Quote
Myles was drafted as a project who needed time to develop, which he is doing nicely.

He will save a huge amount of cap down the road.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 09:46 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: This seems like a weirdly aggressive thread about a 1st round pick who is in a 3-way tie for 10th most sacks among rookies and the two guys he is tied with haven't played yet this week.

- - - - - -

First rookie TE since Jeremy Shockey in 2002 to have 70+ catches. Kid is an absolute stud.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Think next year is going to tell the real story on Murphy.

I'm tired of Bengals drafting projects in a SB window however...
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 11:15 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: First rookie TE since Jeremy Shockey in 2002 to have 70+ catches. Kid is an absolute stud.

First I am glad to see Murphy making strides. The Bengals need more guys who can rush the passer and help Hendrickson.

La Portia is looking good but I still say it’s wrong to project that he or any TE would put up those numbers with the Bengals. Teams that have star WRs like the Bengals do are going to feed them first before the TE. Hudson has been great and that’s the level of production we should expect from a TE in this offense.
If Cincy had Kelce his stats would not be what they are for KC. This offense is (correctly) built around the big time receivers so there are not going to be as many opportunities for the TE regardless of who it is. This is the reason I prefer resigning Hudson over drafting a first round TE.

Maybe if they lose Tee and Boyd this will change but as of now I think they are good enough at TE.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 11:34 AM)QueenCity Wrote: Think next year is going to tell the real story on Murphy.

I'm tired of Bengals drafting projects in a SB window however...

You are going to be very expensive on offense, so you have to get cheaper on defense.

Who else fit that bill instead of a first round DE who slipped to them?

You’re expensive in offense and you know defense wins championships. Let’s draft a TE, a position burrow doesn’t target enough to warrant that selection.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 11:41 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: You are going to be very expensive on offense, so you have to get cheaper on defense.

Who else fit that bill instead of a first round DE who slipped to them?

You’re expensive in offense and you know defense wins championships. Let’s draft a TE, a position burrow doesn’t target enough to warrant that selection.

I think Sam LaPorta would have forced Burrow/Coaching staff to use him.  He's going to be talked about for years and was a huge miss.

That said I didn't hate the pick just didn't realize how raw he was. 
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 11:15 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: First rookie TE since Jeremy Shockey in 2002 to have 70+ catches. Kid is an absolute stud.

[Image: 4g69bi.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 11:45 AM)QueenCity Wrote: I think Sam LaPorta would have forced Burrow/Coaching staff to use him.  He's going to be talked about for years and was a huge miss.

How’s the TE down innAtlanta doing? He should be much more used than what he’s doing.

Ports wouldn’t have shifted how Burrow attacks defenses. He’s throwing to his 2 #1 receivers over almost everyone else. Porta would have 1/3rd of everything he has right now at most in this offense.
Reply/Quote
He's coming along nicely. When the pick was made and early in the season I was not sure why a team contending for a Super Bowl chose a player that would only play a partial role in their last true "cheap" year for Burrow. In the first month of the season when we were grasping at straws for anything positive to say about the team and our first round pick was sitting on the bench, I was frustrated by the choice.

I'm glad he's figuring it out. Hopefully, he takes on a bigger role as the year goes on and breaks out in 2024.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 11:45 AM)QueenCity Wrote: I think Sam LaPorta would have forced Burrow/Coaching staff to use him.  He's going to be talked about for years and was a huge miss.

Did we need another receiver, or did we need help with the pass rush??? Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 12:04 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Did we need another receiver, or did we need help with the pass rush??? Ninja

Both
Reply/Quote
He did beat Darrisaw clean on his sack yesterday, so that’s pretty impressive. Can’t imagine many rookies have done that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 12:00 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Porta would have 1/3rd of everything he has right now at most in this offense.

The Bengals have thrown to TEs 93 times this year, just 5 less than LaPorta's current targets.

Even if you allow for some of those targets to still go to another TE, LaPorta could easily have 4/5ths of his current targets on this team.

Reply/Quote
Give me a dynamic edge rusher any day. Now trying to determine whether La Porta was the better choice can’t be determined yet.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote