Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Myles Murphy haters need to keep being loud even when he’s playing good
(12-17-2023, 11:34 AM)QueenCity Wrote: Think next year is going to tell the real story on Murphy.

I'm tired of Bengals drafting projects in a SB window however...

Our SB window is many years.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 12:46 PM)BengalFanInCanada Wrote: Our SB window is many years.

That's fun to say, but it's never really true for any team.

The NFL is just far too competitive and most players prime careers are far too short to get complacent with SB windows. That's why Aaron Rodgers only went to 1 SB in his 15 years as a Packer, Drew Brees only went to 1 SB in his 15 years as a Saint, and Peyton Manning only went to 1 SB in his 13 years as a Colt.... but Peyton Manning went to 2 SBs in his 4 years as a Bronco. The Broncos recognized windows need to be taken advantage of rather than wasted.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Bengals are going to have a bunch of free agents leaving next year so they better have another great draft.  Reader is going to be really tough to replace, Williams @ RT will probably be another. Tee will likely be tagged, but who knows at this point? Awuzie is probably gone so that depth will be tough to replace. Smith, Sample and Wilcox are all FAs..Boyd..and others..Sample, although he's not much of threat downfield is among the best blocking TEs in the game and does his job well..
Lots of what ifs and maybes..   
I didn't expect Murphy to be used much starting the season since Hendrickson and Hubbard had their positions locked down tight. He had to get his feet wet at some point..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 12:21 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The Bengals have thrown to TEs 93 times this year, just 5 less than LaPorta's current targets.

Even if you allow for some of those targets to still go to another TE, LaPorta could easily have 4/5ths of his current targets on this team.

Was LaPorta still available when the Bengals picked?
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 01:14 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Was LaPorta still available when the Bengals picked?

Yes, he was a second round draft pick. 
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 01:15 PM)TheFan Wrote: Yes, he was a second round draft pick. 

Thanks, I couldn't remember, but I was confusing him with the kid from Utah that went to Buffalo.
Reply/Quote