Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For everyone complaining about the Super Bowl loss
You have to put it into perspective:

They won 3 playoff games this year, they had not won a single playoff game in 30+ Years prior (No Cincy Team had advanced in the playoffs in like 55 combined, consecutive NFL/MLB seasons)

They covered the spread in every damn game, two of which they won outright as dogs

They made the Super Bowl, something they had not done in 32 years

They have a Franchise QB, who is entering his absolute prime for the next 7-9 Seasons

They miraculously avoided to get this QB injured severely for the second time

They legitimately appear to have cultivated a team culture, re-invigorated the city, and enjoy playing with one another. PBS will be rocking next year.

The vast majority of the key pieces are in place for the next 2-5 years (With Cap room)

They know what they need to address in the offseason. OLine, CB, OLine, CB, Oline, repeat

They get Joseph Ossai back next year to couple with Hubbard, Reader and Henderickson on the DL.

They were supposed to win 4 or 5 games this year. They won the north and doubled that in the Reg Season

They are +650 to go to the Super Bowl next year (Only KC and Buffalo have better odds at +400 each)

And they had a wining season. Something the browns have only managed to do THREE TIMES since they got their Franchise back in 1999.

Next year is going to be a hard schedule, and the road part is brutal. But, I see 10 wins and another strong run at late January football. Go get em'
Reply/Quote
When the game was over, and I was really down (okay, to be honest, I'm still very down--I've been through this three fricking times already with close Super Bowl losses), I found comfort in the words of a Broncos fan that posted something on this board. The Broncos fan said that he understands its very painful, but that when the Bengals finally win the big one, it will be that much more sweet.

I'm going to cling to that thought. That when the Bengals finally win the Super Bowl, and they will, that it will take the three painful losses and make that win so much more sweeter.

I've been spoiled by having witnessed the Big Red Machine and relive that joy all the time. But nothing beats what Bengals fans have had to endure, and I expect the joy will be exceptional when the Bengals finally win the Super Bowl.

And kudos to the Broncos fan for taking the time to spread some comfort to long-suffering Bengals fans.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 08:52 PM)Nepa Wrote: When the game was over, and I was really down (okay, to be honest, I'm still very down--I've been through this three fricking times already with close Super Bowl losses), I found comfort in the words of a Broncos fan that posted something on this board. The Broncos fan said that he understands its very painful, but that when the Bengals finally win the big one, it will be that much more sweet.

I'm going to cling to that thought. That when the Bengals finally win the Super Bowl, and they will, that it will take the three painful losses and make that win so much more sweeter.

I've been spoiled by having witnessed the Big Red Machine and relive that joy all the time. But nothing beats what Bengals fans have had to endure, and I expect the joy will be exceptional when the Bengals finally win the Super Bowl.

And kudos to the Broncos fan for taking the time to spread some comfort to long-suffering Bengals fans.

The Broncos have been horribly managed over the last 6 years, since the SB w bad Peyton.

We have the guy. We can win a super bowl w burrow. So it’s up to them to capitalize.

We were never going to win anything with Palmer or Dalton. So the time is now
Reply/Quote
What hurts is we could have won that game, one play away...ONE!!!!!!!!!!

Think I'd rather get blown out to be honest......ah.....nay!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 08:37 PM)CincyDog Wrote: You have to put it into perspective:

They won 3 playoff games this year, they had not won a single playoff game in 30+ Years prior (No Cincy Team had advanced in the playoffs in like 55 combined, consecutive NFL/MLB seasons)

They covered the spread in every damn game, two of which they won outright as dogs

They made the Super Bowl, something they had not done in 32 years

They have a Franchise QB, who is entering his absolute prime for the next 7-9 Seasons

They miraculously avoided to get this QB injured severely for the second time

They legitimately appear to have cultivated a team culture, re-invigorated the city, and enjoy playing with one another.  PBS will be rocking next year.

The vast majority of the key pieces are in place for the next 2-5 years (With Cap room)

They know what they need to address in the offseason.  OLine, CB, OLine, CB, Oline, repeat

They get Joseph Ossai back next year to couple with Hubbard, Reader and Henderickson on the DL.

They were supposed to win 4 or 5 games this year.    They won the north and doubled that in the Reg Season

They are +650 to go to the Super Bowl next year (Only KC and Buffalo have better odds at +400 each)

And they had a wining season.  Something the browns have only managed to do THREE TIMES since they got their Franchise back in 1999.

Next year is going to be a hard schedule, and the road part is brutal.  But, I see 10 wins and another strong run at late January football.   Go get em'

All true. I am not complaining, just wild to be that close with all that we did wrong game plan wise. One play away.

Some great Defense we played in that game, keep BJ Hill here while getting back Ossai, ADG, Hubert and we should be 
damn good again on Defense. The O-line gets fortified and I don't know how good the Offense can be and in turn this will
help out the Defense staying fresh and not having so much pressure on them. We have our QB, our Kicker and many other
mainstays and up and coming talent to boot.

The coaches besides the SuperBowl really improved this season, Lou the most and Zac was considerably better besides the
SuperBowl where they didn't call the rollouts, screens and dumpoffs that were the kryptonite against that Rams D. These 
guys will learn, the Offensive coaches will have to see that game all Offseason. Better learn.
Reply/Quote
I'm not complaining. Great season with even some disappointment mixed in during the regular season (see the Jets game). Overall I enjoyed it but unfortunately the last quarter of the Bengals last game this season didn't work out for them. Unlike the last several years I feel like I got a good return in entertainment value for the time spent watching the Bengals this year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Here in Kettering we’re not complaining. The Bengals had a fantastic season and I am already pumped up about free agency, the draft, OTAs, and training camp. Things are only going to get better.

It’s cool all over the world to be a Bengals fan now. This team has arrived — and arrived in style. We are a national brand which is something I’ve always wanted to see. People who never followed Cincinnati until now are all in on getting Joe Burrow better protection. Our fan base n-tupled during the playoffs.

Going to the Super Bowl — even losing it — is a big deal. Even the best teams in history have gone to the Super Bowl and occasionally lost.

Think of it! In every game this fall the Cincinnati Bengals will be announced as the AFC champions. Is anyone complaining about that?
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 08:52 PM)Nepa Wrote: When the game was over, and I was really down (okay, to be honest, I'm still very down--I've been through this three fricking times already with close Super Bowl losses), I found comfort in the words of a Broncos fan that posted something on this board. The Broncos fan said that he understands its very painful, but that when the Bengals finally win the big one, it will be that much more sweet.

I gotta admit. I was both foggy and numb this whole playoff season. All I could think about was the Bengals. I became 1 track minded. Couldn't concentrate at work, couldn't sleep well, etc. Also was very jittery. The more we won, the worse it got. By the time Super Bowl day arrived, I was a wreck. I was shaking pretty good while preparing food and getting things ready. But I felt like I was going through the motions and not really taking in or enjoying the experience. I was stressed for sure. 

Win or lose, we did awesome. I just wish there weren't unanswered questions at the end and a lot of what if's. Unfortunately, I will be holding on to thinking we didn't get a fair shake and can think of different ways this game goes if that call doesn't go against Wilson. I hope they win it all next year and I can put this one to bed. This game will always have an asterisk in my opinion, but many do.

Reply/Quote
Enjoyed every single step of the Bengals journey this season even if it did not culminate into the fairy tale ending we all wanted.

Stoked for off season moves, draft, and next season to begin.

Everybody decompresses in their own way and not judging anybody who is hurting presently.

Feel the call on Wilson was a bad deal too, but years of being a Bengals fan has prepared me for this BS lol.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Yeah it was disappointing to lose, but the relief from beating LV (and being there to see it)totally eclipsed the disappointment in losing the SB. There’s no promise the Bengals make it back anytime soon, but they should be better next year. The first placed schedule involves three games. The Bengals were 1 and 2 on their three last place schedule games so you just have to win one of three to keep pace, and quite often last year’s best team isn’t the next year’s best team.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 10:16 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Enjoyed every single step of the Bengals journey this season even if it did not culminate into the fairy tale ending we all wanted.

Stoked for off season moves, draft, and next season to begin.

Everybody decompresses in their own way and not judging anybody who is hurting presently.

Feel the call on Wilson was a bad deal too, but years of being a Bengals fan has prepared me for this BS lol.

I still don’t get the complaining about the Wilson penalty.

Yes it was suspect and objectively a bad call

But we got a free game altering touchdown based on a blatant missed penalty.

Can’t have it both ways
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 09:07 PM)Elzio Dennick Wrote: What hurts is we could have won that game,  one play away...ONE!!!!!!!!!!

Think I'd rather get blown out to be honest......ah.....nay!!!!!!!!!!!!

You think the Rams getting fealltio'd is bad NOW, think how much worse it would be if they HAD blown us out. Nah, I'd rather lose a close game than be blown out.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
We were just so close (again). Not complaining about the season. But the sting is still there. It's been less then a week. Time heals.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2022, 11:09 AM)CincyDog Wrote: I still don’t get the complaining about the Wilson penalty.  

Yes it was suspect and objectively a bad call

But we got a free game altering touchdown based on a blatant missed penalty.

Can’t have it both ways

Not so sure about that. First off, the official was no where near the Higgins reception dor the TD as that fat ass was lagging way behind and simply did not see it. Secondly, at least a couple officials have come out and said that the face mask grab has to have real intent so as to disrupt the play, thus, they felt comfortable of the no call. Personally, I felt it was a penalty all the way on Higgins.

The frustrating part about the Wilson hold is that supposedly the hold occurred prior to the break (been confirmed by a few people) by the WR so if that's the case why wasn't it thrown then? Why wait until a perfectly covered and defended play by Wilson while the ball is in the air and the play is over to call it?
Reply/Quote
Not complaining, but definitely feel like we could have won. That is what makes the loss tough, But I am proud of this team. They played their hearts out.
Reply/Quote
I don't see too many posts where people are complaining. I mostly see analysis seeking understanding or people expressing disappointment. It hurt to lose, but I enjoy this team and hope the '22 season is just as fun.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2022, 11:54 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I don't see too many posts where people are complaining. I mostly see analysis seeking understanding or people expressing disappointment. It hurt to lose, but I enjoy this team and hope the '22 season is just as fun.

It's only going to get worse.  Some future threads we'll see:

"To everyone saying Joe Burrow missed his window"
"To everyone underestimating the Bengals"
"To everyone that thinks Chase struggles with drops"
"To everyone that thinks kicking your dog is ok"

People see one person say one thing on their facebook stream, or twitter, or reddit, or even here....then they'll suddenly need to deliver a message they think we need to see.  

Fun stuff.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2022, 05:35 PM)basballguy Wrote: It's only going to get worse.  Some future threads we'll see:

"To everyone saying Joe Burrow missed his window"
"To everyone underestimating the Bengals"
"To everyone that thinks Chase struggles with drops"
"To everyone that thinks kicking your dog is ok"

People see one person say one thing on their facebook stream, or twitter, or reddit, or even here....then they'll suddenly need to deliver a message they think we need to see.  

Fun stuff.

This is a Time will tell scenario. We could play for the SB 3 more times over 5 years. Or maybe we don't make it back again.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2022, 11:36 AM)jj22 Wrote: We were just so close (again). Not complaining about the season. But the sting is still there. It's been less then a week. Time heals.

Agree not complaining but it certainly left a welt on me. 

But chicks dig scars I guess lol

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote