Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The NFL is debating on a season without fans in the stadiums
(04-26-2020, 05:55 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: When you go 25 years without a playoff win, sure, it no longer matters what you do in the regular season. Lamar didn't cause that them to lose that last playoff game and is on pace to play in numerous AFCCG's. 

He really was a big reason they lost even though your defense let Henry run all over you. His first of 2 picks was deep in Titans territory which he made the push out of bounds at midfield also getting a 15yard penalty leading to the first TD. Basically a 14 point swing. Next drive he gets stuffed on a 4 and 1 on their side of the field. 1 play later it's 14-0 Titans. 2nd half they turn the ball over on downs 3 times deep in Titans territory, throws his 2nd pick deep in Titans territory and fumbled a ball deep in his own territory to help cap off Titans scoring. That's 5 times Ravens had the ball deep in Titans territory putting 0 points on the board. He had plenty of opportunities and choked.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 06:35 PM)cinci4life Wrote: He really was a big reason they lost even though your defense let Henry run all over you. His first of 2 picks was deep in Titans territory which he made the push out of bounds at midfield also getting a 15yard penalty leading to the first TD. Basically a 14 point swing. Next drive he gets stuffed on a 4 and 1 on their side of the field. 1 play later it's 14-0 Titans. 2nd half they turn the ball over on downs 3 times deep in Titans territory, throws his 2nd pick deep in Titans territory and fumbled a ball deep in his own territory to help cap off Titans scoring. That's 5 times Ravens had the ball deep in Titans territory putting 0 points on the board. He had plenty of opportunities and choked.

That first pick bounced out of Mark Andrews hands and deflected back 5 yards. I'm not going to fault him for the O line getting dominated by the Titans all night or the receivers dropping crucial passes.

He ended the game with over 500 yards despite that. Anyone saying he was a "really big reason" they lost either didn't watch the game or just hates the Ravens. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2020, 06:39 PM)Vambo Wrote: Now you resort to telling lies how pitiful.

You're right.  I was mistaken.  It was once.  17 years ago.  The franchise has actually won a full one third of its games.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 09:44 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: That first pick bounced out of Mark Andrews hands and deflected back 5 yards. I'm not going to fault him for the O line getting dominated by the Titans all night or the receivers dropping crucial passes.

He ended the game with over 500 yards despite that. Anyone saying he was a "really big reason" they lost either didn't watch the game or just hates the Ravens. 

Lamar Chokeson was very much a part of the loss no matter how you spin it.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 09:44 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: That first pick bounced out of Mark Andrews hands and deflected back 5 yards. I'm not going to fault him for the O line getting dominated by the Titans all night or the receivers dropping crucial passes.

Or you're in denial.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 05:55 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: When you go 25 years without a playoff win, sure, it no longer matters what you do in the regular season. Lamar didn't cause that them to lose that last playoff game and is on pace to play in numerous AFCCG's. 

Moving the goal posts. 
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 10:30 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Or you're in denial.

Says the guy who blamed a QB for a receiver deflecting the ball 5 feet into a defender?

:andy:

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 10:52 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Moving the goal posts. 

I responded to a generality you made, not anything I specifically said. 

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 11:28 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I responded to a generality you made, not anything I specifically said. 

Holding a team to a higher standard than your team despite your team's greater success is still moving the goal posts.

I get it. If my team had Andy Dalton the running back I'd be deflecting like crazy, too. His postseason failures are legendary.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 11:27 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Says the guy who blamed a QB for a receiver deflecting the ball 5 feet into a defender?

:andy:

And who was it that committed a 15 yard penalty at the end of the play putting the ball in Raven territory? Not to mention (again) the other 6 TO's. As bengalfan74 said he was very much part of it no matter how you spin it.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 11:50 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Holding a team to a higher standard than your team despite your team's greater success is still moving the goal posts.

I get it. If my team had Andy Dalton the running back I'd be deflecting like crazy, too. His postseason failures are legendary.

The reality is teams are held to different standards. That's not moving goal posts if you're consistent in the standards for each team. If the Bengals won a playoff game and we responded with "yea, but did they win the conference championship?" then it would be.

Here's an example of moving goal posts. This poster went from "a big reason" to "part of it". Or trying to divert attention from me knocking him for blaming Lamar for Andrews deflecting a pass by mentioning a late hit Lamar made. 

(04-27-2020, 12:04 AM)cinci4life Wrote: And who was it that committed a 15 yard penalty at the end of the play putting the ball in Raven territory? Not to mention (again) the other 6 TO's. As bengalfan74 said he was very much part of it no matter how you spin it.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 02:43 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The reality is teams are held to different standards. That's not moving goal posts if you're consistent in the standards for each team. If the Bengals won a playoff game and we responded with "yea, but did they win the conference championship?" then it would be.

Here's an example of moving goal posts. This poster went from "a big reason" to "part of it". Or trying to divert attention from me knocking him for blaming Lamar for Andrews deflecting a pass by mentioning a late hit Lamar made. 

You just make yourself look worse when you intentionally leave words out trying to make someone else look bad. It was "very much a part of". Very much is another way of saying big. Big reason/big part is the same thing. As far as the late hit and the other 6 TO's, excuse me for using facts in my argument. The truth sucks but no need to be in such a state of denial.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 03:17 AM)cinci4life Wrote: You just make yourself look worse when you intentionally leave words out trying to make someone else look bad. It was "very much a part of". Very much is another way of saying big. Big reason/big part is the same thing. As far as the late hit and the other 6 TO's, excuse me for using facts in my argument. The truth sucks but no need to be in such a state of denial.

They were down 28-12 with 5 minutes left in the 4th, after the D gave up 200 rushing yards, and you're counting receivers dropping 2 4th down passes as turnovers that are Lamar Jackson's fault (You can pull up the recap, Andrews and Boykin dropped them). Not only that, but you're trying to suggest that those are why he is a "big reason" that they lost...

LOL, Bengals fans have reached their lowest point apparently. 

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 02:43 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The reality is teams are held to different standards. That's not moving goal posts if you're consistent in the standards for each team. If the Bengals won a playoff game and we responded with "yea, but did they win the conference championship?" then it would be.

Fair.

But don't you think it's a bit ridiculous you hold to worse of the two teams to higher standards? That's a bit bass akwards.

Would your write off the Browns winning a Super Bowl if they didn't go 19-0? Using your logic, you'd almost have to because of their long history of awfulness.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 05:39 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Fair.

But don't you think it's a bit ridiculous you hold to worse of the two teams to higher standards? That's a bit bass akwards.

Would your write off the Browns winning a Super Bowl if they didn't go 19-0? Using your logic, you'd almost have to because of their long history of awfulness.

I never made a general statement on the team's performance. I'm sure you can find me quoted on here saying that the Ravens winning a playoff game is expected and anything less than playing in the AFCCG is a disappointment. 

I'm really just commenting on Lamar himself. I was disappointed in the team but not him as a player. Had you trashed the team, I would have sadly agreed that they needed to do more than just be regular season world beaters last year.

Reply/Quote