Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The NFL is rigged
After the game against the Chiefs maybe now you all can see how rigged this crap is.....No way the NFL wasn't gonna allow Kelce in the playoffs with Taylor Swift and all of that fanfare garbage
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
If it is, it was rigged for us to make it to the Super Bowl two years ago and the AFC Championship a year later.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 11:33 PM)Destro Wrote: If it is, it was rigged for us to make it to the Super Bowl two years ago and the AFC Championship a year later.

I kinda feel like they wanted Stafford and the rams to win that. Whoever they is. lol

And as of right now, I feel like Stafford stole that ring from Jared Goff and Goff needs to get to the SB.

But for OP, who makes more money in the playoffs:
Mahomes and the Chiefs
Browning and the Bengals (who would have been 1 and done anyway)

Steelers haven't had a losing season in 50 years straight and they have fans in every state, hmm. lol.

It's amazing the amount of NFL we have all watched and there seems to be something every game you've never seen before. 4 sacks in 6 plays for example
Reply/Quote
I’d say it’s not rigged per se, but certain teams tend to get calls to go
Their way
Reply/Quote
Nah, the dudes are just incompetent. That "intentional grounding" call at the end of the game was suspect though..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 11:37 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I kinda feel like they wanted Stafford and the rams to win that. Whoever they is. lol

And as of right now, I feel like Stafford stole that ring from Jared Goff and Goff needs to get to the SB.

But for OP, who makes more money in the playoffs:
Mahomes and the Chiefs
Browning and the Bengals (who would have been 1 and done anyway)

Steelers haven't had a losing season in 50 years straight and they have fans in every state, hmm. lol

Of course they wanted Rams to win to pay for that stadium
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
I know we say shit is rigged, half heartedly or less believing it.

When Belichick was caught cheating and fans want their money back, remember the NFL said nah your ticket doesn't pay for witnessing something fair just that you're to be entertained. I know that's more-so of like we can't have all fans wanting their money bak when mistake are made on the field (refs, etc.), but should have been eye opening.

Also when someone sent me the intro video to the superbowl locker room exits pre-game, it was hilarious. I would have imagined everyone would be super pumped to get out on that field and win, and the Bengals were all walking at basically 2mph. The commentator said "they are walking like this because they know they have to lose." It's fun to think what we're watching may not be real lol. The funniest part of that video is the Rams were also walking out of the locker room at that speed, with maybe only a handful of players jumping around warming up. It definitely looked like actors ready to play a role lol.

If you truly think things are rigged to an extreme level, you can then think when they're "practicing" during the week, they're practicing the script handed to them. Lolllllll

Reply/Quote
It’s getting harder & harder to think these claims are nonsense.

Just look at the unbelievable calls in the last 24 hours - the victims and the beneficiaries.

I still don’t understand how there isn’t a full-fledged investigation about what happened to Detroit.

And we see this horse shit every time we go to Arrowhead. That unbelievable spot after Mahomes whined which was so plainly obvious. The blatant missed off-sides calls. The ***** grounding call was the pièce de résistance.

The Chiefs have been getting these calls for a few years now. Brady & the Pats did for a long time. Refs always swallow the whistle (and some…other things) for Pittsburgh.

It’s too far gone now to be explained away as chance or lapses in judgement. I can’t find enough tin foil to believe the officiating can deliberately affect an outcome, but they damn sure can help. And yeah, occasionally, I believe they are called upon to do so.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Do I think the NFL is rigged? No. There are too many people who’d have to be in on it to truly rig every game. Do I think some teams and/or players tend to have calls go their way in crunch time? Absolutely! The refs are human and I think they have unconscious bias that gets in the way of making the right call at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
The officiating is just embarrassingly awful right now and has been getting progressively worse over the past few years...and it's across the board, league-wide. I think their overall laughable incompetence is far more concerning than making biased calls or no-calls.
Reply/Quote
Incompetence could also be guised by purposefully being biased. It's easy to look dumb lol Big Grin. Some people do it on purpose! I had a neighbor tell me she purposefully looks dumb in meetings because men don't respond well when they hear an intelligent woman speak lol.

Someone has to be the fall guy for bad calls and it's the refs, but what if they're not incompetent calls at all but rather intentional lol.

It's similar to people saying they could call a hold all game why are they calling it NOW?
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 11:57 PM)bjf123 Wrote: Do I think the NFL is rigged? No. There are too many people who’d have to be in on it to truly rig every game. Do I think some teams and/or players tend to have calls go their way in crunch time? Absolutely! The refs are human and I think they have unconscious bias that gets in the way of making the right call at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not just unconscious bias. Refs are human and so they also have conscious bias, like the rest of us. And as part-time refs, they have their weekday jobs (middle school principals, high school teachers, accountants, ranchers, etc.) and all their co-workers and employers who no doubt let their favorite teams be known. 
Reply/Quote
Remember earlier this year the Browns had back to back games with clear penalties working in their favor at the end of the game, with the 2nd game having multiple game ending calls working in their favor?

The first Browns game handed to them, a minute later I think it was Pickett rushing on 4th and 1 in the steelers game, getting 0.5 yards and the refs giving him a first down to end the game.

Browns getting those favorability in back to back games was highly suspect.

Seemed the ball basically never bounced our way all year. Whenever we needed someone to lose, they'd win, including today. Like every team that was supposed to lose, won, lol.

I see the NFL as gladiator, you win the crowd, you win it all. Only Burrow can win the crowd, you have to have something to watch. Lamar, the Browns defense, steelers not having a losing season in 55 years straight, etc. You don't win the crowd you don't get the favorable calls, you don't get the favorable calls you will probably lose. It only takes 1 unfavorable call for you to lose.

Mahomes complaining this is not a product NFL fans want to watch revealed this. It doesn't matter what the honest play is as long as it looked good, if you look good you win. I *think* belichick famously said if you're not trying to cheat you're not trying to win.
Reply/Quote
Detroit: "Correct."
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Refereeing is terrible and the NFL doesn’t seem to care. The refs actually discussed the grounding call and decided as a group. They were incompetent as a group. The number of bad calls and non-calls this year has been embarrassing for everyone but the front office.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
After Super Bowl XL, I've held no delusions that the league is not at the very least "influenced."

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 11:57 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The officiating is just embarrassingly awful right now and has been getting progressively worse over the past few years...and it's across the board, league-wide. I think their overall laughable incompetence is far more concerning than making biased calls or no-calls.

The NFL needs to get a handle on this now or the integrity of the game is ruined for good. Poor and biased officiating has ruined the integrity of NBA. How much longer is this going to go on until the questionable calls start getting tied to betting on games?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 12:18 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: The NFL needs to get a handle on this now or the integrity of the game is ruined for good.  Poor and biased officiating has ruined the integrity of NBA.  How much longer is this going to go on until the questionable calls start getting tied to betting on games?  

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

are we under the assumption it's not tied to betting on games? NFL has embraced gambling.

One of the NBA's problems is they've fully embraced offense, which seems a lot of sports do because that's "exciting" and "keeps fans", "makes money". Like you've got the warriors who attempt 75 3s in a game, like literally seventy five. More than 2 pointers. 

Reply/Quote
What was the deal with the holding call on Hendrickson/Hubbard?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Well gambling is betting on one outcome while someone else bets on another outcome. I bet on Team A, you bet on Team B. My team loses, that's part of the chances. Now, if I lose my money because the back judge is getting a pay out, then I (FBI edit ) his family.

Yeah, not buying the whole "gambling is making the calls" thing. the Browning grounding call was BS, but what if he got the ball to hit Mixons hands or scrambled out? No flag thrown. Would the "fix" be adverted? Officials just suck
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote