Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The New "Ginger Genius"
(08-22-2019, 11:31 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He had one play where he forgot the block. Other than that no QB pressures from Dugas. TE's whiffed on blocks 2 or times on his side though

That’s what I saw as well. I thought he played well , really well rather than that sack. I know it’s a sack but I didn’t see any other bad plays from the guy.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 11:41 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: That’s what I saw as well.  I thought he played well , really well rather than that sack.  I know it’s a sack but I didn’t see any other bad plays from the guy.

Sack was more a missed assignment. For some reason he looked inside for a block and no one there while his assignment said TY and got the sack.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 11:30 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Money and future. Jake's path to be a back up or starting QB is a good one in Cincinnati. AD is not signed long term and could be on way out. Then, he competes against Finley to start.

I say best move is for Jake on our PS, for him and for us.

(08-22-2019, 11:31 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He had one play where he forgot the block. Other than that no QB pressures from Dugas. TE's whiffed on blocks 2 or times on his side though

What Luvnit said; now, not saying that there were 0 pressures, however there were a ton of missed blitzes; Bernard is superb and we need him for blitz pickups.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I think Finley and Dolega's chances to be a starter depend on how we play this year. IF we win 3-4 games...we'll likely draft a QB.

That said, I doubt we're that bad.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2019, 11:47 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Sack was more a missed assignment. For some reason he looked inside for a block and no one there while his assignment said TY and got the sack.

Good to know, just watched the highlights and that was a bad one for Dugas.

Want him on the PS at the least.
Reply/Quote
So this thread is interesting in light of recent events
For my part family life got crazy but is settling down. Before everything got nuts, I did a little research re 2015. 2 articles jumped out of googling Dalton 2015 intense. I had planned on posting this in August.
So, FWIW
First is this from SI:
https://www.si.com/mmqb/2015/10/08/hue-jackson-cincinnati-bengals-nfl-offense-andy-dalton
Says andy was motivated by the booing he received during off season. They said the staff showed faith in him, but drafting a QB is a funny way to show it, IMHO.
Second from Cincinnati.com
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2016/07/28/andy-dalton-bengals-quarterback-preseason-feature/87616566/
Basically says he just worked harder during off-season.

My takeaway: Andy Dalton, the man, deserves success as much as anyone in the NFL. I wish him all the best. Hopefully he finds it on his new team ( the Bears?). If he is motivated by the stick, hopefully his benching propels him to new heights.
Either way, I hope he lands on his feet, better than ever. I feel it will need tobe away from Cincinnati, however.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
I wish dalton the best also,but I'm not a fan of his qb play. In 2015 he looked different and everything was right around him,and he looked like he put a lot of work in himself in the offseason. When he came back he reverted back to same old inaccurate bad footwork ,bad pocket presence dalton. It's funny seeing so many saying no way the backups can replace ad14. Lol
Reply/Quote
Honestly, I thought Andy got off to a pretty good start this season. Had we managed to win the opening game in Seattle, I think things would have gone differently. I don't know how much.

The 49ers just rolled us so hard, and I don't think anyone knew how good that team was going to be this season. But they're legit Super Bowl contenders. They trounced us, and I think exposed us in many ways. Mentally, I don't think we, including Andy ever recovered from that. Whereas we looked confiident in Seattle, we've looked really tentative ever since. It's like we started playing down to our own low expectations of ourselves.

Zac can say what he wants, but he lost confidence in Andy, and Andy, understandably, lost confidence in his WRs. I don't remember so many dropped passes. It's inexcusable in the NFL.

Maybe things will get better with Finley. If anything, I think it will help ticket sales. He gives us a little hope, and people will just be curious to see what he can do. But if we don't win 2 out of our next 3 games, I think that interest will fade rapidly.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Ginger Genius Part II time is here, lets see what the kid can do! I think many will be surprised
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote