Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(10-27-2018, 02:45 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: This game’s getting ugly. Down 3 of 4 starting DB’s and starting MLB. Pair that with the offense doing absolutely nothing, bad blocking, bad throws and penalties.

Bad ugly brother. Defense came to play early.....but stupid errors on O have absolutely killed us. Yep, center is horrible. Francois has missed a couple wide open throws....and then the drops too. Looks like last Sunday night.... except the defense never showed up in KC either....lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
65 ***** yards in the 1st half....SMH.

Reply/Quote
Shit Yojimbo.... let's go roll some gutterballs....lol.

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 03:57 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Offensive scheme is just pathetic. Might be time for Taggart to give up play calling duties.

Still 3rd quarter and the stadium is now half empty.

Kids haven't finished their chores.....so I'm still here. I can't tell much about the scheme with the absolutely pathetic blocking. I mean, it's the worst I've seen. I feel bad for Francois. He's never had a chance behind these bums his entire 4 years. Then you put together a drive....and get a dumb penalty. IDK....I'm ready to bowl a few frames....lol 

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 04:05 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: And now the Clemson backups are schooling the defense, if Francois and Eberle come out on the next drive, I’m going to the gym.

I could go for a good bike ride....but it's raining here. These scrubs can't block 3rd stringers either. May as well hit the gym bro....lol. I'd play Blackmon too. 

Imagine that, another penalty!

Reply/Quote
Man.....this offensive line is terrible. Man, Jimbo totally trashed this once proud program. Look at that ***** punt....lol. Like watching the 90s Bungals.

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 03:39 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Only thing I’m sticking around for, is hoping to see Blackman get some time. Might mean Johnson comes in at center too.

What’s really bad, is FSU is hosting about a dozen 4 and 5 star recruits at the game today. Team isn’t doing a very good sales job.

Well, on the bright side.  Nothing says "Come here, you'll be a day 1 starter.", quite like getting an old fashioned from a conference rival.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 09:18 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: They’ve been giving Baveon Johnson first team snaps at center during practice, so they have to know that’s a weak spot. Johnson was the top rated center recruit two years ago. I say no time like the present to see if that’s true.

Weird how our favorite football teams have the same problem, the o-line. And both just got embarrassed.

Lot of similarities, thought that as I typed the above response. I thought last year's Bengals oline was the worst I ever saw. Not any more. Noles just upstaged them. Looked a lot like the KC massacre.

Yeah...give him a shot. Taggart called out quitters during his presser. Friggin bench em all and get the future game snaps. It can't be any worse can it?

A guy on the Noles FB page brought up an interesting point about Benedict. Said he never really recruited good linemen....relied on Jameis to manipulate the pocket, and Dalvin Cook to break the homerun. That's really the reason I wanted Cook over Mixon. Cook has great experience behind a shit oline! LOL.

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2018, 09:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, on the bright side.  Nothing says "Come here, you'll be a day 1 starter.", quite like getting an old fashioned from a conference rival.

Ha ha ha ...true. It wasn't that long ago that Clemson was a 4 win team....Dabo changed the culture. It took a few years. Taggart has met with Dabo before the season and even watched some drills and how he cultivates that culture. It's going to take some time. Of course all of the armchair coaches are screaming for his head ...lol.

Reply/Quote
(10-28-2018, 10:57 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Taggart isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. He just got the Dunlaps to donate $20 mill to the new athletic facility.

My only criticism of Taggart is the penalty problem. He needs to do something to fix that and he should be able to regardless of the players. Those are discipline/mental errors. Drill it out of them, run laps, bench them, whatever.

As to the quitters, I noticed it out of the DB's and WR's, namely Murray and Samuels. No coincidence they got themselves ejected. I wish it were Eberle, but he didn't quit, he has a great motor, but that's the only good quality.

Saw an article about the recruits that were visiting, including the Howell kid.  He, specifically, mentioned that all of them knew why they were being brought in, and that was to play, and play early.  Even they know this is a rebuild.....too bad some of our fans don't realize this.

Yes, I saw the DBs and WRs quitting.  Sit their ass next week, damn the consequences.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2018, 10:41 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Coaches won’t talk about who the starting QB is next week and Blackman was sent out to talk to the press during the time that Francois usually does...I smell a QB change coming.

Can't hurt, and Francois has got to be ailing still from the beating he took Saturday.

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2018, 04:32 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Getting my wish, Blackman starting. Hope, I’m right about him.

He looked better than Francois, that's for sure.  Who knows, without the litany of penalties and the turnovers, we may have stolen one in Raleigh.

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2018, 05:06 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: So, Taggart was saying it’s now an open competition at QB, the past two days. Francois came out this morning and said Taggart assured him he’s the #1 guy and Blackman is the backup. WTF is Taggart doing?

Jeez.....hopefully he doesn't think Francios beat him out.

Reply/Quote
Francois....ugh.

Reply/Quote
Good luck to the 'Noles tonight. With ND down their star QB, FSU has an opportunity to not only score a signature upset, but also to shake up the CFB playoff chase.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 09:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Good luck to the 'Noles tonight.  With ND down their star QB, FSU has an opportunity to not only score a signature upset, but also to shake up the CFB playoff chase.

Shit....lol. We couldn't beat some high school teams.

Double ugh on Francois....ANOTHER ***** turnover.

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 10:09 PM)Wyche Wrote: Shit....lol. We couldn't beat some high school teams.

Double ugh on Francois....ANOTHER ***** turnover.

Just because Francois is starting, does not mean that he'll play the entire game.  FSU's defense and STs are still loaded with great athletes, win those aspects, and you're 2/3 of the way home.  Taggert for sure is struggling, the program needs a big win.  THIS is their opportunity to show that FSU is still a marquis program.  A win tonight, could sway big in recruiting.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2018, 11:18 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Beautiful series just before half. Sacks, penalties, poor clock management. C’mon Willie, put in Blackman.

Amen....been some wide open receivers missed too. Horrible showing.

Reply/Quote
At least showing a little life.....may have considered a bigger dose of Cam and Patrick earlier in the 1st half makes the game look a little differently at this point.

Reply/Quote
Defense looking rough.

Reply/Quote