Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WRs doing Francois no favors either. Then the ST break down. Damn these guys ....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Showing a little fight here.... that's a good sign.

Reply/Quote
.....and the oline ***** us again....

Reply/Quote
Defense came to play today! Until they get worn out.....

Reply/Quote
How bout them Seminoles?

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2018, 10:43 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Still think Blackman should be starting, but I’ll take a win any way I can get it. Defense looked improved. Offense had same old problems, penalties, turnovers and bad blocking. Terry should be season MVP.

Agreed 100%. You notice a lot of freshman playing?

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 04:51 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: What a disappointing season. I have no idea why Taggart stuck with Francois, unless he is planning on redshirting Blackman or starting his recruited freshman next season. Regardless of the QB position, he needs to figure out the penalty issue. Way, way too many drives were killed by penalties.

Good news:

Eberle has to graduate, so won’t have his ice skating ass giving up pressure up the middle.

Defense looks like it can be great if they fix a few coverage problems.

Eberle?  I'll be looking for that name in the upcoming draft.  How much you wanna bet the Bengals pick him up?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 04:51 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: What a disappointing season. I have no idea why Taggart stuck with Francois, unless he is planning on redshirting Blackman or starting his recruited freshman next season. Regardless of the QB position, he needs to figure out the penalty issue. Way, way too many drives were killed by penalties.

Good news:

Eberle has to graduate, so won’t have his ice skating ass giving up pressure up the middle.

Defense looks like it can be great if they fix a few coverage problems.

It most certainly was disappointing, but so was last season.  We were 5-6 when Benedict quit on us.  I think he stuck with Francios for a couple of reasons.  One, you gotta admit, kid has heart.  They beat the ever loving shit out of him and he kept getting up.  The more I watched, the more I got an idea of his problem.  He wasn't stepping into his throws, anticipating hits.  What does that mean?  I don't think Blackman's small frame could withstand that beating.  Deondre also showed a lot of leadership on the sidelines.  Two, I think you may be right on the redshirt.

The penalties and porous line doomed the offense early, and often.  They MUST clean that up.

I'll be so glad to see him leave.

I think the defense will be improved next season.  They were young this year on the back end, and no Derwin James balling out to bail them out. Both of the Samuels kids showed some flashes.

I hate we're losing Patrick.  I like Cam Akers, but having a punisher back there is nice.

Reply/Quote
Looks like Willie is going all in on oline prospects, including some juco prospects.  I like it.

https://www.tomahawknation.com/florida-state-football-fsu-noles/2018/12/13/18138742/florida-state-football-recruiting-news-fsu-noles-taggart-briles-oc

https://chopchat.com/2018/12/11/fsu-recruiting-huge-fsu-target-announce-decision-soon/

......and maybe stealing a couple from the Canes off defense:

https://chopchat.com/2018/12/13/fsu-recruiting-manny-diaz-departure-help-noles-flip-cane-commits/

We're currently ranked the 13th class.  Not too shabby if we can get the commits.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 09:07 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Just read Francois has graduated and is thinking about transferring. Woo!!!!

I’m good rolling with Blackman and waiting on the transfer from Georgia.

DE Derick McLendon
DT Tru Thompson
DE Curtis Fann
LB Jaleel McRae
DE Malcolm Ray
LB Kevon Glenn
WR Maurice Goolsby
DB Jarvis Brownlee
DB Renardo Green
OL Jay Williams
OL Maurice Smith
LB Kalen Deloach
OL Dontae Lucas

A few nice OL and look at all those front 7 defenders.

Yes, saw this, and the JUCO transfers.  Looks like Willie is looking to build from the inside out, which I like.  We lost Howell though, which bites a bit.

Bad news though, I read today where Francois says he'll stay at FSU if his NFL future doesn't go the way he likes.

Reply/Quote
(12-26-2018, 07:28 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: So, Ken Briles is bringing the Baylor spread offense to town and his own o-line coach. Besides the baggage the guys carry with them from the Baylor scandal, they are both regarded as cream of the crop coaches. This means Frey will either take a demotion or find a new job.

I had a feeling Briles would be the hire.  I had no idea he would be bringing his own line coach though......but I sure like the idea!

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2019, 09:08 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Shit.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25723320/qb-deondre-francois-return-florida-state-seminoles

Swell.......

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 07:23 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Missed out on the Fields transfer, but the domino affect might make another QB,that would fit our system, available.

https://theozone.net/2019/01/tate-martell-added-name-transfer-portal/

Sign the man. :andy:

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 11:41 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Fuuuuck. Just saw on the ESPN ticker that he’s transferring to Miami. Sick

Double  Sick .  I think Francios coming back is killing us on the transfer front. PUKE.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 04:18 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Good lord Willie needs to get over his Francois obsession. Not only his returning hurting chances at getting transfers, now Blackman has entered the transfer portal and we can kiss him goodbye.

You gotta be shitting me.......no bueno.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2019, 04:44 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: https://247sports.com/Article/Florida-State-Seminoles-football-James-Blackman-quarterback-Transfer-Portal-NCAA-127909258/

If he leaves, Francois and the transfer from Louisville (who probably has to sit out this season) are the only scholarship QB’s on the roster. That is ridiculous and the first time I’m starting to question Taggart. If he can’t get QB right, he’ll never turn around the program and he’ll be out in 3 years.

Yeah, that's not worth a damn.  I agree.

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 10:27 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Finally and good riddance.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25915212/florida-state-dismisses-qb-deondre-francois-team

LMAO....I thought about you as soon as I read that yesterday, then forgot to post. Mellow

LMAO LMAO

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2019, 05:35 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I meant to post yesterday. I first saw it during the SB, but I fell asleep watching that game. Looks like Blackman will stay and be the starter going into next season and the team is finally getting some QB prospects to start committing, either Legendre or Plumlee. Along with the transfer from Louisville, FSU might finally be on the right track as far as QB goes. Too bad Francois didn’t leave sooner, might have had a shot at Fields or Martell.

No joke.....with all of the off field stuff, Willie shoulda just told him thanks, but no thanks as soon as he said he wasn't going to the NFL.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2019, 07:04 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Really like what I’m reading about the new o-line coach and the players reaction to his style. Johnson, the new center, is going to be key to the line’s success this year.

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/sports/college/fsu/football/2019/03/13/florida-state-fsu-football-practice-observations-baveon-johnson-offensive-line-james-blackman/3149669002/

Good read, thanks for the share.  I hope Johnson can get his snaps under control, but I like what I read from him, and what he's doing in a leadership role.  Feeling a bit better, if still apprehensive.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2019, 08:20 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Blackman named starting QB! Also true freshman Lucas is starting rG. Been a lot of praise for his nastiness and toughness all summer. About time the Noles got back to having great o-lines.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27464007/taggart-names-blackman-seminoles-starting-qb

I figured Blackman would be the starter. People are down on Taggart, but the next two seasons are when we'll start to see if he is the man for the job. I still can't believe how bad Jimbo let this team get. My only concern is Blackman's physical stature....but I've read he has bulked up. If the line improves at least slightly, and he's bulked up, I'll feel more at ease. 

Reply/Quote