Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Noles News
(01-05-2018, 02:34 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I haven't kept up with MSU in years......we definitely need some aggression back.....how have his units fared?

MSU defense was ranked 7th in yards/gm this past season. It’s his alma mater and he’s been with Dantoni since 2004. It’s odd he’d want to move on. Either he’s tight with Taggart or he sees this as a faster route to a HC job.
[Image: samurai_animation_by_tomisaburo-d4fi4at.gif]
That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2018, 03:28 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: MSU defense was ranked 7th in yards/gm this past season. It’s his alma mater and he’s been with Dantoni since 2004. It’s odd he’d want to move on.  Either he’s tight with Taggart or he sees this as a faster route to a HC job.

Welp, that sounds pretty damn good to me.  I have no idea if he's got ties with Willie or not.  He may be doing the latter, or he may want the challenge, and a shot at a trophy.  Who knows, but if he's good, a couple year rental won't be so bad.
[Image: haoRwE.png]
Joined old board in fall of '10.....11k+ posts....28k+ rep, and tossed to the curb....thanks Son of Paul!

[Image: N7L2wTe.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
http://statenews.com/article/2018/01/assistant-coach-mayk-snyder-following-harlon-barnett-to-fsu

Don't know anything about him, just seen this when looking up Barnett
Reply/Quote
Just announced a new OC this morning. Walt Bell, been the OC and QB coach with a Maryland the past two seasons. With Willie T calling plays, gotta assume Bell’s main job will be QB coach.
Reply/Quote
Here’s the complete list. All positions are filled. I love that the staff has a good mix of young and old coaches and all are great recruiters. Little disappointed more former players weren’t hired.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/22156799/willie-taggart-florida-state-announces-five-new-hires-complete-staff
Reply/Quote
Taggert will do well there for sure.

Great hire !
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2018, 01:01 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Here’s the complete list. All positions are filled. I love that the staff has a good mix of young and old coaches and all are great recruiters. Little disappointed more former players weren’t hired.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/22156799/willie-taggart-florida-state-announces-five-new-hires-complete-staff

Some interesting choices there......not sure on the Maryland OC?  I only watched one or two of their games.  I would have liked some former Noles as well.

(01-20-2018, 02:09 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Taggert will do well there for sure.

Great hire !

I was stoked we got him.....he was my pick all the way.  Go Cards! (until you play us. Smirk )
Joined old board in fall of '10.....11k+ posts....28k+ rep, and tossed to the curb....thanks Son of Paul!

Reply/Quote
Flipped a 4-Star LB recruit from Kentucky and stole a 4-Star DE from Miami. Good recruiting weekend.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 06:08 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Flipped a 4-Star LB recruit from Kentucky and stole a 4-Star DE from Miami. Good recruiting weekend.

Hell yeah!  Go Willie!

Reply/Quote
Was just given a Florida State hat that I love except for it not being a Cardinal hat.

So doubt it will ever get worn. It is a Nike Heritage 86 dry-fit hat. Swore when handed to me that the child size looking hat would never fit my big head. Yet it fit very nicely with a low profile like my old butt likes.

Although did go to multiple Florida State football games in the 1970's per my father wanting me to watch Bobby Bowdens teams play. Stating, watch everything about him because he is the next greatest thing in coaching.

Of course they would crush my Cardinals every time back then.
Reply/Quote
Got another 4-Star commit this morning. Was originally committed to Willie T. and Oregon, so was widely assumed he’d follow him to FSU. Warren Thompson a 6’3” 210 WR out of Tampa.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2018, 12:31 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Was just given a Florida State hat that I love except for it not being a Cardinal hat.

So doubt it will ever get worn. It is a Nike Heritage 86 dry-fit hat. Swore when handed to me that the child size looking hat would never fit my big head. Yet it fit very nicely with a low profile like my old butt likes.

Although did go to multiple Florida State football games in the 1970's per my father wanting me to watch Bobby Bowdens teams play. Stating, watch everything about him because he is the next greatest thing in coaching.  

Of course they would crush my Cardinals every time back then.

Send 'er on this way! LOL 

Jealous you got to see Bobby in his beginnings.

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2018, 12:54 PM)Wyche Wrote: Send 'er on this way! LOL 

Jealous you got to see Bobby in his beginnings.

Would but my brother-in-law got it for me so will keep it out of appreciation to him. He is an international pilot and knows nothing about sports. 

He just knows that I am a baseball fan and wear a lot of baseball hats. They are actually Bengals, Reds, and Louisville Cardinal baseball, football, and basketball. 

But he cares so little about sports everything is a baseball hat and he has no idea about logos. Makes it awkward and funny when he gives things that are not my teams apparel.   
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2018, 06:56 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Would but my brother-in-law got it for me so will keep it out of appreciation to him. He is an international pilot and knows nothing about sports. 

He just knows that I am a baseball fan and wear a lot of baseball hats. They are actually Bengals, Reds, and Louisville Cardinal baseball, football, and basketball. 

But he cares so little about sports everything is a baseball hat and he has no idea about logos. Makes it awkward and funny when he gives things that are not my teams apparel.   

My cousin is a Lions fan (we got a few in my family, me included).  When he was a teen, his mom wanted to get him a Lions team coat from Penney's for Christmas (she worked there and got a discount).  But, back in the day, Penney's only carried about eight teams, so she got him what she considered to be the closest thing: an Eagles jacket.  'Cause, from her perspective, green is close to blue and Lions and Eagles are both animals.  We tried to explain it to her.  He just avoided wearing the coat as much as possible.  Think she and your BIL would get along fine.  
[Image: sfhZom.png]

Time flies like an arrow.  Fruit flies like a banana.

Sometimes there are witches.
Reply/Quote
Nothing new on the recruiting front, but while I was looking I found this DT that Noles signed back in December that I missed somehow.

Robert Cooper 6’2” 377 lbs. (not a typo)

https://247sports.com/Player/Robert-Cooper-82463?utm_source=247Sports&utm_medium=ExternalEmbed&utm_campaign=CommitList
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2018, 04:26 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Nothing new on the recruiting front, but while I was looking I found this DT that Noles signed back in December that I missed somehow.

Robert Cooper 6’2” 377 lbs. (not a typo)

https://247sports.com/Player/Robert-Cooper-82463?utm_source=247Sports&utm_medium=ExternalEmbed&utm_campaign=CommitList

Shocked Yikes!

Reply/Quote
Saw where they flipped a RB commit from Tennessee today.

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2018, 02:05 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Saw where they flipped a RB commit from Tennessee today.

Here’s the list:

http://amp.miamiherald.com/sports/college/acc/florida-state-university/article198839054.html

Looks like we have some BIG boys coming in for both lines.
Reply/Quote