Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(02-01-2018, 06:56 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Would but my brother-in-law got it for me so will keep it out of appreciation to him. He is an international pilot and knows nothing about sports. 

He just knows that I am a baseball fan and wear a lot of baseball hats. They are actually Bengals, Reds, and Louisville Cardinal baseball, football, and basketball. 

But he cares so little about sports everything is a baseball hat and he has no idea about logos. Makes it awkward and funny when he gives things that are not my teams apparel.   

My cousin is a Lions fan (we got a few in my family, me included).  When he was a teen, his mom wanted to get him a Lions team coat from Penney's for Christmas (she worked there and got a discount).  But, back in the day, Penney's only carried about eight teams, so she got him what she considered to be the closest thing: an Eagles jacket.  'Cause, from her perspective, green is close to blue and Lions and Eagles are both animals.  We tried to explain it to her.  He just avoided wearing the coat as much as possible.  Think she and your BIL would get along fine.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2018, 04:26 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Nothing new on the recruiting front, but while I was looking I found this DT that Noles signed back in December that I missed somehow.

Robert Cooper 6’2” 377 lbs. (not a typo)

https://247sports.com/Player/Robert-Cooper-82463?utm_source=247Sports&utm_medium=ExternalEmbed&utm_campaign=CommitList

Shocked Yikes!

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Saw where they flipped a RB commit from Tennessee today.

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2018, 02:07 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Last year’s starting left tackle, Josh Bell, was just dismissed from the school. Sounds like he has some problems following a restraining order. While he was a very highly ranked recruit, I wasn’t that impressed with his blocking last year, granted he was a freshman and the blocking scheme was putrid under Jimbo.

Tough break.  Hopefully they have someone ready to step up, or can at least pick up a JUCO transfer.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2018, 02:07 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Last year’s starting left tackle, Josh Bell, was just dismissed from the school. Sounds like he has some problems following a restraining order. While he was a very highly ranked recruit, I wasn’t that impressed with his blocking last year, granted he was a freshman and the blocking scheme was putrid under Jimbo.

Yeah, there wasn't much to hang our hats on regarding the entire line......much like the maligned Bengals unit....

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2018, 10:30 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Taggert made another nice move and brought Mickey Andrews back as a special assistant. Hope this means the defense gets back to its pass rushing and speed everywhere roots that used to have it as one of the best in the county.

https://articles.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/08/florida_states_willie_taggart.amp

Saw this about a week ago.....nice to see.  Taggart is embracing the roots of the golden era of FSU football, and picking some of the brains from that time as well.  Kinda like Pollack using McNally here.  

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 09:59 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Don’t like these uniforms. Can’t read the names with dark lettering on black jersey.

Yeah, and their play on the field isn't making them look much better..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Man, I hate to have to say it like this.. Y'all need a QB, that guy just isn't very good. He looks lost out there.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
That was hard game to watch. To much shooting yourself in the foot if your Noles fan. Good to PW again though!!
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2018, 12:22 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Gotta say I’m disappointed. That looked like that same lazy shit that Jimbo was putting out last year. Francois should have been benched after that first drive of the second half.

I was at the Southern 500, so I didn't get to watch it.  After watching the highlights the next morning on the local news (all we got on the antenna), I'm glad I didn't.  Five friggin' turnovers?  Yikes!  You won't win any games putting the ball on the ground that much.  Also, as Sunset and you noted, I think it's time to see what Blackmon can do going forward.  Francios has never impressed me, although the oline is shit again.  It may take a year or two before Taggart rights this ship.  He's had a good recruiting first year.  He's got to find the pieces to fit his puzzle.  I honestly expected a loss, but not such a sloppy, piss poor performance.

Reply/Quote
Wow, Noles' are struggling, at home on national TV, versus a nobody opponent..

Taggerts' ass should feel like it's on fire about now.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
O line is even worse than I thought yojimbo....lol

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 03:14 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: So far this game has been a mirror image of the first two, so I have to assume this is what the team is going to be. I think Blackmon needs a shot sooner rather than later. Yes the line is terrible and they’ve tried 10 DIFFERENT combos already this season, gotta try something else now and that’s a QB change.

Still very impressed by the defense, love what Burns is bringing and Woodbey seems to be the real deal and will help blunt the loss of Derwin James.

Also, Eberle sucks. He has always sucked and he will always suck.

Definitely on board with a QB change. This is the first game I was actually able to sit down and watch whistle to whistle. It was tough to do!

The line is a shambles....thanks Jimbo.

However, like you, I am encouraged by our defense. Youngsters look good on it too. Saw a couple nice tackles in the open field by Asante Samuels Jr. Burns is a well rounded player. High intensity. They just get gassed. No wonder why either....

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2018, 11:23 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: The good: o-line was slightly improved, Eberle sailed a snap 5 feet over Francois’ head, so he continues to suck.

The bad: still too many penalties and turnovers.

They absolutely must clean this up.

Reply/Quote
Well, I missed the excitement Yojimbo.....I decided to hit the Newport Oktoberfest instead of lying around on the couch watching what I thought would be a loss....lol.  Then I started getting texts......how'd we look?

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2018, 10:59 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Tale of two halves. The first half showed what a Taggart coached team should look like. The second half was a reality check on where the team currently still is. Same story, all season, too many penalties, o-line can’t block.

Yep, I was sitting in awe during the first half......wondering where in the hell this team had been all season.  Then, the 2nd half.....lol.  To be fair, the line didn't really play that well in the 1st half either, every time Francios had the ball more than 2 seconds, he was harassed, or on the turf.  He played tough, he always does.  Despite his shortcomings, you can't knock his intestinal fortitude.  During the 1st half, they were able to make the quick strike work, for the most part, and guys made people miss.  The return TD.....everything was going our way.  We just couldn't close it out.

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2018, 08:14 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Could be the theme for this season, inability to close out games. I do like that the team seems to be improving slightly each game, gives me hope for next season with a reworked line.

Agreed.....and can't lose sight of the fact that this was the number 17 team in the country at their house.  I didn't watch the UofL game, but this was the best I've seen them play all season.  The improvement has been rather noticeable from game 1.  In a couple of years, after more and more of his style of player gets into the starting lineup, this will be a distant, unpleasant memory.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 11:37 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Just read they have been practicing today with a new center, Baveon Johnson, who was the #1 rated center recruit in the country in 2016. I’ll be extactic if the finally remove Eberle, he’s been a terrible center and the only constant on a terrible line for 3 years. Sadly, they only moved him over to RG, instead of benching him.

Let's hope it's at least a semblance of improvement. LOL.  I'll be counting on you to give me the scoop again this week.  It's Homecoming at my alma mater this weekend.....Bloody Mary Breakfast, tailgating, and bar hopping......needless to say, I won't see much of the game. Smirk

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 04:37 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Will do. Not sure if your a twitter user, but @Warchant does good in game and practice insight during the week. Their articles are useless, since it’s a pay sight.

Appreciate it my friend, I don't do the tweets, but appreciate the heads up.

Reply/Quote
Thanks for the posts......I saw where we won, it was just Wake, but maybe they're starting to find their groove a tad here.

Talked with a fellow fan at the game I was at, and he's not a Taggart fan to say the least......I told him I felt he was a bit premature, but this cat was ready to move on right now....lol.

Reply/Quote