Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Noles News
(09-07-2019, 11:14 PM)Wyche Wrote: Damn Howell kid looks good....too bad it's in powder blue.

Relax, it could be worse.  For example, if you were a Kansas fan, you might have been thinking that Les Miles was coming to resurrect the football program.  Instead, he led the Jayhawks to a home loss versus the vaunted Coastal Carolina Chanticleers.  The very same program that produced the All-Time Bengal fan favorite, Jerome Simpson. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 12:01 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Relax, it could be worse.  For example, if you were a Kansas fan, you might have been thinking that Les Miles was coming to resurrect the football program.  Instead, he led the Jayhawks to a home loss versus the vaunted Coastal Carolina Chanticleers.  The very same program that produced the All-Time Bengal fan favorite, Jerome Simpson. 

IDK Sunset....this kid is a true freshman, and has led two straight 4th qtr comebacks, UNC is 2-0. They haven't exactly played slouches either, Miami and South Carolina. He was on our campus, he verbally committed to FSU. Then Mack Brown talks him into staying at Chapel Hill. We only beat Louisiana Monroe in OT because they missed an XP. In our house. Stings pretty bad!
[Image: haoRwE.png]
Joined old board in fall of '10.....11k+ posts....28k+ rep, and tossed to the curb....thanks Son of Paul!

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 12:37 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: IDK Sunset....this kid is a true freshman, and has led two straight 4th qtr comebacks, UNC is 2-0. They haven't exactly played slouches either, Miami and South Carolina. He was on our campus, he verbally committed to FSU. Then Mack Brown talks him into staying at Chapel Hill. We only beat Louisiana Monroe in OT because they missed an XP. In our house. Stings pretty bad!

I think it’s time for Barnett to go. This 3-4 defense is not working against the spread/ro college offenses. My patience for Taggart has started wearing thin now too. Seems like a great recruiter, bad coach.
[Image: ajtpggg.gif]
That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
Reply/Quote
Hey! We completed a game and got a W!
Joined old board in fall of '10.....11k+ posts....28k+ rep, and tossed to the curb....thanks Son of Paul!

Reply/Quote
Big test Saturday ol buddy. I'm not expecting a win, but I'd like to keep it within 3 scores. What you thinking?

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 03:38 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Big test Saturday ol buddy. I'm not expecting a win, but I'd like to keep it within 3 scores. What you thinking?

The defense has improved since Leavitz got here, but Clemson has soooo much talent right now. I’d be happy if it’s still a game at the start of the 4th and not a complete blowout by halftime.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 04:36 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: The defense has improved since Leavitz got here, but Clemson has soooo much talent right now. I’d be happy if it’s still a game at the start of the 4th and not a complete blowout by halftime.

My thoughts as well. I'd also add that some of the foolish penalties have been cleaned up, and the team seems to be getting better, conditioning wise. Also, I liked how Briles finally decided to slow it up at times against NCSt. I'm finally seeing some improvements here. Liked how what's his name LOL got the ball to playmakers in stride. Nice touch on the deep ball to Wilson too.

Oh, and just give Cam Akers the damn ball!

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 05:12 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: My thoughts as well. I'd also add that some of the foolish penalties have been cleaned up, and the team seems to be getting better, conditioning wise. Also, I liked how Briles finally decided to slow it up at times against NCSt. I'm finally seeing some improvements here. Liked how what's his name LOL got the ball to playmakers in stride. Nice touch on the deep ball to Wilson too.

Oh, and just give Cam Akers the damn ball!

Taggart did say both QB’s will play at times. I’ve never liked that approach, “if you have two QB’s, then you don’t actually have one”

Minshew returned to practice this week, so that’s some o-line reinforcement coming, but probably not for this game.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 05:59 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Taggart did say both QB’s will play at times. I’ve never liked that approach, “if you have two QB’s, then you don’t actually have one”

Minshew returned to practice this week, so that’s some o-line reinforcement coming, but probably not for this game.

I don't like that approach either, but then again, he said Blackman would play against the Wolfpack right up until the start of the game. I say roll with Hornibrook.

I'm starting to think this team might win 7 games.

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2019, 09:53 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I don't like that approach either, but then again, he said Blackman would play against the Wolfpack right up until the start of the game. I say roll with Hornibrook.

I'm starting to think this team might win 7 games.

I think there’s enough talent to surprise, beat Miami and make a bowl.
Reply/Quote