Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chuba a 4 star QB committed to Louisville is having dinner with Norvell tonight.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2019, 07:17 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Pretty good day! Two 4-star QB’s, a couple of WR’s, RB, OT, TE, DE, DT, LB and a CB. That DT Manny Rogers is a monster, 6’5” 320lbs.

Yeah, I would say that Norvell crushed it considering he only had about 7-9 days to pull it off. FSU is about to be relevant again. I'm glad.

I'm a Bucks fan first, but having grown up in both Florida and Ohio, FSU has always been my second team. Some of my HS football teammates are in and around the program in one capacity or another.
For as great a recruiter as Willie was supposed to be, he never signed a QB in two years. Norvell two 4 stars in a week.

Chubba had HUGE numbers in HS.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2019, 01:25 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Great news this morning! Scary Terry and Marvin Wilson are both returning for next season.

Just flipped a RB from Texas AM. Can't remember his name right this minute. Caushen, or something like that?
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2020, 02:01 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Completed coaching staff:

“Here is a look at FSU's new coaching staff:

Head coach -- Mike Norvell

Chief of Staff -- Bruce Warwick

Deputy head coach/TEs coach -- Chris Thomsen

Defensive coordinator -- Adam Fuller

Offensive coordinator/QBs coach -- Kenny Dillingham

Running backs coach -- David Johnson

Wide receivers coach -- Ron Dugans

Offensive line coach -- Alex Atkins

Defensive line coach -- Odell Haggins

Linebackers coach -- Chris Marve

Defensive backs coach -- T.J. Rushing

Special-teams coordinator/DEs coach -- John Papuchis

Director of strength and conditioning -- Josh Storms”

Things are looking up in Tallahassee.... can't wait until we see how the team looks on the field.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2020, 12:43 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I’m really impressed with coaching staff, recruiting and maintaining two guys like Wilson and Terry. I loved Willie’s enthusiasm and love for the program, but Norvell is showing how inept Willie was at being a HC.

Yep, dude seems legit so far....and really had Memphis playing good football. I just want to be in the discussion again for now...lol.

Reply/Quote
(01-13-2020, 12:43 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I’m really impressed with coaching staff, recruiting and maintaining two guys like Wilson and Terry. I loved Willie’s enthusiasm and love for the program, but Norvell is showing how inept Willie was at being a HC.

(01-13-2020, 01:25 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep, dude seems legit so far....and really had Memphis playing good football. I just want to be in the discussion again for now...lol.

They are doing serious work in recruiting. Flipping guys left and right. My best friend is on their boards and they have always been his team. He gets all of the updates. I get most of them, but he usually gets the first.

I think they will be legit by next season for several reasons. The first is the coaching atmosphere and sense of family, and accountability. Players are already mentioning it. The ACC is friendly as far as scheduling. 
They are already getting recruiting overflow from some of the current big boy schools. The WR, and RB corps are going to get better very fast.

They may only lose two or three games next year. Their talent is much better already.
Reply/Quote
Damn weather delay!

Reply/Quote
Thompson dropped some balls. Blackman still has happy feet and often overthrows his WRs. Then again, oline had a tough day, which didn't help him much. Tough loss at home.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 12:50 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Thompson dropped some balls. Blackman still has happy feet and often overthrows his WRs. Then again, oline had a tough day, which didn't help him much. Tough loss at home.

Yep, pretty much. Team looked more disciplined, which was nice. Oline is just terrible, and defense is a bit young 

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 10:37 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Norvell has covid. Won’t be coaching the Miami game.

Jeez....will we ever buy a break again?

Reply/Quote
(09-24-2020, 07:29 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Not until Bobby Bowden is reincarnated...

LMAO, I'm used to this with the Bengals....but not the Noles.

Reply/Quote
Good game so far.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2020, 10:28 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Yeah, I’m done pulling for Blackman. Love his leadership, but he just isn’t a good enough QB for this level. He still looks like the freshman that can’t read defenses or go through his progressions.

Yep, I think it's time to call it a day there. When it was 35-3 in the 2nd qtr, I quit watching....lol.

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 02:11 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I mean that has to be rock bottom right? Worse loss to Miami in team history. I kept watching just to evaluate the players and see what the coaches would do. I did like that the team didn’t quit, even though they got whooped.

I’m done with Thompson at WR too. The guy has stone hands. Should be switched to RB or DB.

I’m still waiting to see the formation Memphis ran a lot last year with the QB in shotgun and a RB to one side and a WR that can run like a RB on the other.

If the Bengals ran that formation it would be Burrow flanked by Mixon and Boyd.

Yeah, I'd like to see that myself. If the neighbors hadn't been sitting around the fire pit soaking some suds, I probably would've watched too ...but that sounded like a better option to me at the time.

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 02:28 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Yeah, I didn’t have that option LOL

Feel bad for you...lol. I agree, that's gotta be rock bottom. I sure hope it is at least. I haven't paid attention to their social media this week, are they calling for Norvells head yet? We have some really spoiled fans.

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 02:41 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: No, not at all. Definitely calling for personnel changes, specifically at QB. I think Norvell isn’t taking as much heat because he wasn’t there. To his credit he is saying those changes are coming, but we’ll see next game.

Well, that's good. They turned on Willie pretty quick. I will say that the team seems much more disciplined as far as ticky tack shit after the whistle and other penalties....but they're green in some places, and just not very good in others. The line is still bad.

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 03:25 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I’m really disappointed in the play of the secondary. Really highly recruited guys back there, I thought getting a DB coach would help, but they are still just letting guys run wide open. Did you know there was no DB coach on Taggart’s staff?

Update: just watched an interview with Norvell from today. Sounds a lot like Rodemaker might be starting the next game.

No, didn't know that, but it explains a lot! Secondary has been getting toasted about as bad as the oline.

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 03:25 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I’m really disappointed in the play of the secondary. Really highly recruited guys back there, I thought getting a DB coach would help, but they are still just letting guys run wide open. Did you know there was no DB coach on Taggart’s staff?

Update: just watched an interview with Norvell from today. Sounds a lot like Rodemaker might be starting the next game.

First and foremost, The U is for real this season. I've watched them play the past two weeks. They're legit. Clemson may have reason for concern. They damn sure ain't The Citadel.

I've been calling for Rodemaker to start for the past two weeks. Blackman has been hit too many times. Has made him gun shy with happy feet. He sails the ball way too often. Travis can run like the wind, but can't throw a lick.  Opposing defense's know what's coming depending on which one is taking the snap. Let the kid start and show what he's got. He's a much better natural QB than the previous two options.

The defense has been very disappointing. Ts, Miami made Louisville look like a JV team as well. Knighton and that crew of RBs is no joke. 

I think they will play better, but hopes of renewed glory should be tempered for this season.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2020, 04:53 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I wouldn’t be opposed to moving Travis to RB and then let him take one or two throws a game. RB would be loaded then with Corbin, Toafili and Travis.

I’d like to see Blackman as the backup and mentor for Rodemaker and Purdy.

I just hate bad defense because that’s what used to be the Noles calling card. Teams used to be afraid of our D.

Agree on all that you stated. When Mickey was calling the D, they were a force to be reckoned with.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 12:26 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I know it was just Jacksonville State, but it’s good to see the team look competent. May have found our QB and our run game.

I didn't get to watch all of it. Ts, they played much better after they got going in the 2nd Q. Still not sold on Travis as a passer. His first TD pass is an easy pick against a competent D. Ball was way late, and had too much air under it.

Still, was good to see them get it going a little. I definitely think Norvell is beginning to learn/understand his team/players better, and best way to deploy each.
Reply/Quote