Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(10-04-2020, 12:47 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Yeah, Travis might not be the long term answer. I just hope he’s good enough to provide some stability, so there’s good feeling around the program and that should give the coaches time to develop the freshman.

Their youth is definitely where it's at. They're going to get better. Unfortunately, the ACC is getting better from top to bottom. Hafley has BC playing well much sooner than I thought they would.
Reply/Quote
ACC is overrated
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 12:47 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Uh-oh, Bobby has the covid. Says he feels fine except fatigue. He’s 90, so definitely in the danger zone.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30045819/ex-florida-state-football-coach-bobby-bowden-tests-positive-coronavirus

Yeah.  That's not good.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 07:37 PM)Johnv713 Wrote: ACC is overrated

The ACC has been top heavy of late (Clemson). Ts, they are on the come up. Hafley has B.C. playing tough and they're rebuilding. Miami may be the surprise team of the year. Mack Brown has North Carolina playing and recruiting with the big boys. Notre Dame is well, Notre Dame.

FSU, GT, and NC ST all have some talent. I've been saying the ACC is weak (from top to bottom) for the last couple of years, but that's changing rapidly.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2020, 12:47 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Uh-oh, Bobby has the covid. Says he feels fine except fatigue. He’s 90, so definitely in the danger zone.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/30045819/ex-florida-state-football-coach-bobby-bowden-tests-positive-coronavirus

Prayers for Coach.... he's had a heckuva run, regardless. 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2020, 10:38 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: At least one thing is going in the right direction:

“ Through four games, the Seminoles rank No. 28 in the country (out of 76 teams) with a team pass-blocking grade of 69.4, according to Pro Football Focus.

One year ago, FSU's pass-blocking grade was 51.1 and ranked No. 118 out of 130 teams.”

.....and then there's this: just read that Terry is to undergo a knee procedure. Seems we can't catch a break anywhere these days.

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2020, 03:41 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Dammit! Why can’t we have nice things?

Maybe it's the Bengals curse rubbing off on our Noles....lol. I didn't get the link to open (24/7Sports, that site always sucks with so much advertising), but the headline didn't mention anything about missing the rest of the year. Hopefully just a scope or something. 

Reply/Quote
In other news, Scary Terry would look awesome in stripes.

Reply/Quote
Update: found another article on him, if they do the procedure as planned, he could miss a max of 2 weeks. It's the same knee that flared up last year, has swelling that won't go away.

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2020, 06:05 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: That’s usually a sign of some internal friction, so he’s probably having some loose cartilage cleaned up.

My thoughts too.....

Reply/Quote
Finally! Travis balled out tonight. Great W for a rebuilding Noles squad.
Reply/Quote
This was a nice win for us on several fronts. Should help recruiting, played well on the national stage. Held on when it looked like we might snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. They played hard, and well for the most part, but gotta clean up some stupid after the whistle stuff, and gotta keep scoring against an offense like that. Damn I wish we could have kept Howell. Travis continues to grow, and this should build some confidence.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2020, 02:04 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: 27-7 after just over a quarter. These assholes must have spent all week reading their press clippings and patting each other on the back. They did not come prepared for this game. Terrible job Norvell.

I don’t know what is going on with the DB’s today, they look like they are running in sand. The Louisville receivers have been running wide open all day.

Glad I missed this one.....

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 02:11 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Terry and Wilson are both done for the season and are focusing on getting ready for the draft. I like that they tried, but this is the right move for both of them, considering they both suffered injuries during the season.

Agreed, admirable of them to try and gut it out. I've tuned out. This Saturday, I have nothing going, on so I'll probably watch. Unfortunately...lol 

Reply/Quote
Gonna be a bloodbath tomorrow Jimbo.....have you read the recent article about the decline of FSU? Good read.

Reply/Quote
I think the postponement could help FSU, a little. Gives the kids a couple of more games of experience before they have to deal with Clemson. Not saying that hey will win, but surehope they do.
Reply/Quote
Looks like Kiffin flipped an FSU QB commit to Ole Miss.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/lane-kiffin-appears-to-be-on-verge-of-major-recruiting-news/ar-BB1buEB3?ocid=spartan-ntp-feeds

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Florida State isn't even the best team in Florida. Most of the time Florida or Miami would mop the floor with them. Florida A&M might beat them.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2021, 04:09 AM)kevin Wrote: Florida State isn't even the best team in Florida.  Most of the time Florida or Miami would mop the floor with them. Florida A&M might beat them.

Not anymore, but there was a time....

Reply/Quote
Any insight as to why highly rated OL Dontae Lucas is suddenly no longer with the team?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote