Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Notorious RBG
When Justice Scalia passed I was taken aback by the venom that was spewed toward him. I will say that I don't agree with  many of her decisions, but I respect her and this interview adds to that respect:

https://www.yahoo.com/katiecouric/ruth-bader-ginsburg-on-trump-kaepernick-and-her-lifelong-love-of-the-law-132236633.html

If you got about 30 minutes give it a listen. She was very pragmatic and many of her stances surprised me. I particularly like her response to the CK and others not standing for the Anthem.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I know that some may consider this to be a bit naive of me, but even when I disagree with politicians and their positions (and let's be truthful, judges/justices are politicians as well) I truly think that they are well intentioned and have the belief that they are working in the best interest of the people. It's one of the reasons I don't jump on the bandwagon when people die and those who were opposed to them get vitriolic.

Anyway, I just wanted to comment on that. It will probably be a while before I get to sit down and devote the time to listen to this, but I just wanted to put that out there. Especially in the current climate we are seeing. I mean, I know both of the current POTUS candidates appear to be total sleazeballs, but we can at least keep this in mind for the other politicians out there. Ninja
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR