Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Nuclear Option
(11-06-2017, 05:34 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Absolutely.
Atkins and Dunlap are quickly approaching the cliff for pass rushers. Geno will likely shift to NT soon like Sapp did (their careers are eerily similar) and Dunlap is just not productive right now.
The right offer comes in, I jump on it for either of them.

The only issue in trading Dalton is finding a partner to pay for him. Based on recent QB trades and the current market, he's a steal money wise but would be super costly draft wise.
Maybe Washington loses Cousins and Jay is willing to pony up picks for Andy. Or maybe Arians in Arizona wants another chance to whisper a QB to a Super Bowl.

As for Green, he'd cost a ton. And I'd only trade him to an NFC team.

The key for all of this isn't just picks but to also look at players you could get in the deals to help offset money.
I am inclined to consider trading or FAs since Brown's method of foregoing FA and relying on the draft is his only tool.
Reply/Quote
We need to concentrate on doing one thing well on each side of the ball. I'd blow up the offense at this point.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I think at this point all options should be on the table for this team. It won't make a difference until the man at the top allows changes to be made. A new coach with a new voice and fresh ideas can play for awhile but fundamentally it will be the same team. Otherwise it's just sale old song and dance
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 07:07 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: That's great and all Benard can catch passes too and you see how much we use him.

This is a new OC that doesn't know how to gameplan for all his pieces. so he just picks a few and game plans for them and leaves the rest on the bench.

Well from what Lazor indicated a couple weeks ago, Marvin is the one who dictates which players to send out and Lazor sets the play based on which players Marvin sends out. So if Bernard is hardly used, that might be more of a Marvin thing than Lazor.

But my point was more that I think McNichols can be a very similar yet much cheaper version of Bernard and that saved money can be invested toward OL. Anything and everything for OL at this point.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I nuke the coaching staff first. Bodine, attached to the blubbery hip of PA as he is, of course goes down, or should I say up, with them.

I do a testicle check on any candidate and when I hire a guy, I let him have the staff and players he wants and I get the hell out of his way.

The guy I hire attacks the parking lot with his car, attacks the doors on the way in and spends every day of his career here attacking. I want the anti-Marv. And I give the guy three years to win a playoff game. And if you can't bring me a running game from the get go, I won't fire you. I'll kill you.

He won't be starting from scratch. There are some pieces here and some young guys who have shown promise. Now use it and add to it and let's go get a Lombardi.

This is my nuclear option.

And then I wake up.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
[Image: latest?cb=20160326131601]

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 07:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why in the world would the Steelers ever want Dalton? They've been watching him shit the bed for 7 years. 

They've been watching Mediocre Merv shit the bed for 15 years though......could be a REAL NFL HC sees some potential there....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I would trade Dalton and draft Baker Mayfield.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 10:23 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I would trade Dalton and draft Baker Mayfield.

Then what? Resign Bodine? Going into the season with a rookie QB and a rookie center would likely be a bad idea.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 10:23 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I would trade Dalton and draft Baker Mayfield.

I like Baker Mayfield.  That kid looks like a great leader.  Problem is he'd be playing behind the Bengals OL coached by Alexander the Great.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 10:01 AM)Wyche Wrote: They've been watching Mediocre Merv shit the bed for 15 years though......could be a REAL NFL HC sees some potential there....

Not very high praise if you're still talking potential after 7 years...

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 01:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not very high praise if you're still talking potential after 7 years...

Well, maybe I should have worded it differently......they see a good QB with potential to go the distance within a real organization.  Feel better? Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Ol Mikey boy ain't no flesh trader. He'd rather let the flesh rot on the hook than trade it away for fresh flesh.. That's the real problem.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 05:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So we need an offensive line. We likely don't have enough picks to address our weaknesses.

Dunlap, Atkins, and Dennard are free agents after next year. We likely lose 1 of Dunlap/Atkins.

AJ Green is pushing 30 and a free agent in 2 years.

Can we rebuild the line in 1 or 2 years?

We have a solid piece to build around in Mixon if we can fix the line.

Would you consider trading Dalton, Green, Atkins, and/or Dunlap for a bounty of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Round picks?

The Redskins may need a QB and may give up a 1st and 2nd for Dalton.

Do you do it? Or do you roll with these guys and risk losing some of them in free agency for Comp Picks?

If we have quality coaches, I would not be against trading ANY of our players, though I think AJ Green and Atkins should be the very last guys you trade. If we have the same staff but just a different HC (especially if it's a former Bengal coordinator/position coach), then it means we're going to suck even worse and it'll take longer to get back to being playoff contenders.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote