Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The O Line Played Great
The CBS TV announcers raved about Bengals O Line dominating Raiders with run blocking and pass blocking. .....I saw no problems at center or the rest of the line....Bengals bring back all the starters from last year plus more bench depth, and it is always a huge plus to bring back all the starters from a play-off season team....The center was a rookie last year, and that needs to be remembered. I don't know what some fans thought they saw in preseason, but Bodine just starting his second season may end up being pretty darn good....The Raiders D Line was suppose to be so awesome it had some Bengals fans scared, but the Bengals O Line kind of had their way with them.

The Bengals D Line won on that side of the ball, so Bengals DOMINATED the trenches and a big reason for today's WIN.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 09:49 PM)kevin Wrote: The CBS TV announcers raved about Bengals O Line dominating Raiders with run blocking and pass blocking. .....I saw no problems at center or the rest of the line....Bengals bring back all the starters from last year plus  more bench depth, and it is always a huge plus to bring back all the starters from a play-off season team....The center was a rookie last year, and that needs to be remembered. I don't know what some fans thought they saw in preseason, but Bodine just starting his second season may end up being pretty darn good....The Raiders D Line was suppose to be so awesome it had some Bengals fans scared, but the Bengals O Line kind of had their way with them.

The Bengals D Line won on that side of the ball, so Bengals DOMINATED the trenches and a big reason for today's WIN.

The Oline played great. Shame the damn announcers couldnt get names, stats, history right.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 09:53 PM)TKUHL Wrote: The Oline played great. Shame the damn announcers couldnt get names, stats, history right.

Those announcers may have been the worst I have heard in a while, Chris Simms was as bad announcing as he was playing QB
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Our Oline is fantastic.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 09:55 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Our Oline is fantastic.

Just think we have two high picks that we haven't even scratched the surface with.

Fisher is getting some snaps but we still have a first rounder just resting up.

The future is bright!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 09:59 PM)corpjet Wrote: Just think we have two high picks that we haven't even scratched the surface with.

Fisher is getting some snaps but we still have a first rounder just resting up.

The future is bright!

Yea, I thought the same thing with our secondary as well when guys like Dre and Dennard can be in reserve roles the first few years. I really like their approach and how they draft.  Our team is not only talented, but built for the future a well.
Reply/Quote
Raisers are one of the very worst defenses in the league. Don't be so quick to praise our O-line for this game.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 09:49 PM)kevin Wrote: The CBS TV announcers raved about Bengals O Line dominating Raiders with run blocking and pass blocking. .....I saw no problems at center or the rest of the line....Bengals bring back all the starters from last year plus  more bench depth, and it is always a huge plus to bring back all the starters from a play-off season team....The center was a rookie last year, and that needs to be remembered. I don't know what some fans thought they saw in preseason, but Bodine just starting his second season may end up being pretty darn good....The Raiders D Line was suppose to be so awesome it had some Bengals fans scared, but the Bengals O Line kind of had their way with them.

The disagreement on center play came from one guy who has a lot of followers. All you did now is make them wait for him to mess up and so they can say "See we told you".
"The Power of life and death is in the tongue"
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 10:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Raisers are one of the very worst defenses in the league.  Don't be so quick to praise our O-line for this game.

That's not what people were saying on here before this game.....We were suppose to be so afraid of Mack and their D ....Mack was a non factor...I repeat, Mack was a non factor as Bengals O Line handled him all game. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 10:03 PM)CincyProduct Wrote: The disagreement on center play came from one guy who has a lot of followers. All you did now is make them wait for him to mess up and so they can say "See we told you".

Well, that's all trolls and negatives do anyway...mostly for Dalton....but others....and I'm here today to say the O Line played great and that's just not me saying that but the CBS TV announcers. They were amazed the Raiders D was held in check by Bengals O line all game. Mack was shut down all game. ....Now I wasn't as surprised and I know we have a solid O Line and a solid D Line and we will win a lot of games in the trenches. It's kind of why we have had 4 straight winning seasons.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

This! They were a SB caliber oline today!
Reply/Quote
I was very surprised with the pass protection and you could tell Andy was, too, because he'd look to scramble on some plays after standing in the pocket for a few seconds only to look around and realize that no one was around.

I was VERY happy with our line play today, specifically center, where I thought our season could be in jeopardy.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 10:26 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I was very surprised with the pass protection and you could tell Andy was, too, because he'd look to scramble on some plays after standing in the pocket for a few seconds only to look around and realize that no one was around.

I was VERY happy with our line play today, specifically center, where I thought our season could be in jeopardy.

When Dalton has time, he showed today he can make plays. 
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 10:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Raisers are one of the very worst defenses in the league. Don't be so quick to praise our O-line for this game.

Don't praise Andy or Eifert either because of that horrible defense. Or Hue. Or Marvin. Or anyone else on offense. Or the defense since the Raiders offense is awful and even worse than their D.

You've been a super turd lately. Someone pee in your Cheerios?

The O-line played great. The entire team played great. I don't care if it was against my old junior high team, they absolutely deserve the praise for this game.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 10:42 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Don't praise Andy or Eifert either because of that horrible defense. Or Hue. Or Marvin. Or anyone else on offense. Or the defense since the Raiders offense is awful and even worse than their D.

The O-line played great. The entire team played great. I don't care if it was against my old junior high team, they absolutely deserve the praise for this game.

It's the NFL and a road game in a place we have never won.  It was an impressive victory however you slice it.  
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 10:42 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Don't praise Andy or Eifert either because of that horrible defense. Or Hue. Or Marvin. Or anyone else on offense. Or the defense since the Raiders offense is awful and even worse than their D.

He's angry that his Volunteers blew it last night. Go Buckeyes baby!
Reply/Quote
Today shows what we are like when we win the battles on the lines.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I can only remember 1 penalty from the O-line. That Bodine hold.
Reply/Quote
They pass blocked well. Run blocked was decent but could be a bit better. O Line had a good game overall.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2015, 10:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Raisers are one of the very worst defenses in the league.  Don't be so quick to praise our O-line for this game.

Because of their LB/DB situation

DL is actually legit.

Them losing Justin Ellis opened up a few big lanes 
Reply/Quote