1 20.00%
No preference
0%
0 0%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The OFFICIAL 2023 Board Mock Draft (Announcement)
Welcome to the 2023 OFFICIAL Message Board Mock Draft. It's an annual Message Board tradition I've been a part of for over 15 years. I think there's still one lingering around here who has participated longer than I and a few who are close or equal.

Now to the rules:

Eligibility:
You must take it seriously and be able to meet all given timelines and actively participate

Must be a “regular” Board Member in good standing

Our friends that are fans of other teams may participate as long as they meet the other requirements.

Our goal is to have maximum participation. If you are an old timer or relatively new, you are welcome, we always have a good time and you get to talk draft with some folks that know what they're talking about (well maybe not everybody).

Execution:
We will draft 3 rounds in 3 nights. This is new, We've typically done 3 rounds in 2 nights, but that 2 round night gets to be long

If you are interested nominate yourself in this thread and list 3 teams for whom you would like to draft. I have always been able to give someone at least one of their desired, but I cannot promise. The deadline to nominate yourself is 4/11/2023 at Midnight EDT.

I will take one day to sort through and post the GM-team list on 4/13/2023

On 4/14/2023 a separate trade thread will be open, where teams can talk trades and then the trade window will open from 4/15/2023-4/17/2023

We will DO Big Boards this year. If you are not present a "Big Board Moderator" will select the highest name on your list. If all on your Big Board are gone he will draft "best Available" according to a national "Top 500"

History has should that the board overwhelmingly prefers to do this during weeknights, So the 3 options this year are:

OPTION A: RD 1: 4/18/23 (Tues), RD 2: 4/19/23 (Wed), RD 3: 4/20/23 (Thurs)

OPTION B: RD 1: 4/17/22 (Mon), RD 2: 4/18/23 (Tues), RD 2: 4/20/23 (Thurs)

OPTION C: RD 1: 4/18/23 (Tues), RD 2: 4/19/23 (Wed), RD 3: 4/21/23 (FRI)

**Vote in the Poll**

Bengals: Don't list them as one of your 3 teams. By tradition, the owner who had them last year determines who gets them this year. How he does it is entirely up to him. But he must give them up. At the time of this announcement, I cannot remember who owned them last year. I'll research or someone can remind me.

Positions Needed:

Commissioner: I've run this far too long, not that I mind, but even I'm sick of me. I turned the reigns over to Wolf a couple of years ago and then he disappeared. Psychdoctor ran it one year while I was on the naughty list and did a great job. If anyone volunteers, I'll assist in any way possible.

Trade Commish(s): I need two people to volunteer to validate trades. Only one must approve each trade, but they will each have veto power. If one is involved in a trade the other adjudicates and I will reserve the right to veto. If both are involved in a trade I will adjudicate and Co Commish will veto. These people will be responsible to create/monitor the trade thread in this forum. BenZoo and Whatever have performed these duties flawlessly in the past.

Co Commish: Someone to step up in case life gets in the way of the Commish. Psychdoctor is the latest as I recall. 

Big Board Moderator: New position. Someone to manage the Big Boards

Board Support: I need at least 2 people to create/facilitate various threads as needed, This will include a chat thread on draft night, a separate picks thread on draft night, and perhaps a couple more as needed. I think Holic opened the Board chat last time I ran it and that worked fairly well.

If you are interested in helping PM me and I will announce positions as they are filled.

Also in this thread, I ask that you suggest times that will best suit you on the days you pick. We usually start around 7:00 PM (EDT)

If you are a long-time participant chime in and let me know if I have missed anything. Also, feel free to post any thoughts or ideas you have be you a regular or a first-timer.

Good luck to all and MTF.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm in as always and this year I'll even pick 3 teams!

San Francisco 49ers
Cleveland Browns
LA Rams

7 total picks lol.

Are we using Discord again? Last year went fairly smooth.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I'll be up for participating this year. Prefer Option B, but I can make any of the three work.

Ravens
Raiders
Lions
Reply/Quote
Looks like we might get 10 teams apiece.

Reply/Quote
I need to check my schedule. Should have an answer tomorrow. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Looks like we're not getting many folks. Currently, we're at 3 "ins" and 1 maybe. If we don't get any/many more by the deadline we'll come up with a new method.

One year while I was in time out I did a 3 man mock on another Bengal forum, it worked well.

Reply/Quote
Went with option A

Seattle Seahawks 
Detroit Lions
Philadelphia Eagles
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
What up. I am down. I also had the Bengals last year.

For my 3 Teams I will say

Commanders
Eagles
Da Bears
Reply/Quote
Also I chose option C because I have a meeting on Thursday nights but I can make it work so not too worried bout that.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 02:23 AM)CloeHokie Wrote: What up. I am down. I also had the Bengals last year.

For my 3 Teams I will say

Commanders
Eagles
Da Bears

So you get to award the Bengals to a player of your choosing. Currently, we have Dude, Synric, Whatever, and yours truly. I'm not sure if any of them have ever had the Bengals. I have but it was so long ago I drafted Cam Newton. 

Reply/Quote
I guess lemme know who else has had them before. Maybe that will make it easy. Or I will just draw a name out of a hat. Lol
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 01:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you get to award the Bengals to a player of your choosing. Currently, we have Dude, Synric, Whatever, and yours truly. I'm not sure if any of them have ever had the Bengals. I have but it was so long ago I drafted Cam Newton. 

You can start a thread in JN to direct people here if you want. Might be able to get a few more people that way.
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 07:43 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: I guess lemme know who else has had them before. Maybe that will make it easy. Or I will just draw a name out of a hat. Lol

I had them during the Burrow draft and passed them to Synric the following year.  I'm unfortunately drawing a blank on who passed them to me, though.
Reply/Quote
I had the Bengals in 2008 and 2012.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2023, 12:29 AM)Whatever Wrote: I had them during the Burrow draft and passed them to Synric the following year.  I'm unfortunately drawing a blank on who passed them to me, though.

(04-12-2023, 01:20 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I had the Bengals in 2008 and 2012.

Well the Cam Newton draft was in 2011, so of those that are active, it looks like all have had them and it's been the longest since I've had them. Of course, Hokie can award to whomever he wishes. DO NOT let the fact that it's been the longest since I've had them or that I put in most of the work to keep the draft going or that I run the Official Bengal Fantasy League or that I post the weekly Game Ball thread or that we've "known" each other in this forum for well over a decade play any part in his decision. 

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2023, 12:29 AM)Whatever Wrote: I had them during the Burrow draft and passed them to Synric the following year.  I'm unfortunately drawing a blank on who passed them to me, though.

Psych doctor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2023, 02:43 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Psych doctor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would participate but IDK jack about other teams and what they need, so I think I would suck. 
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2023, 07:22 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I would participate but IDK jack about other teams and what they need, so I think I would suck. 

I think you’d do fine. Most of those mock sites allow to pick your team and they provide what they think that teams needs are. If you put just 2% of what you put into the bengals position groups etc (which are excellent btw, thanks)you’d do very well
Reply/Quote
Send me a Private message if you don't get enough players. Let me know the actual times of the draft days though.
Reply/Quote
I'm in. just give me 3 teams that need a GM (Minus Pitt/Balt), and any option is fine for me.
Reply/Quote