Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The OK case
(04-05-2017, 10:57 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: No booger-hooks on the triggers, check....... not pointing at another human, check.

I'm good with this.

I'm ok with both groups.
I would be concerned a bit with the group hiding their faces though.
Although, with those shorts..... I'm guessing.... Brazil ?
I'd trust neither, in Brazil.

Actually, the guys with the masks are in Las Vegas. 

But I am concerned about the all-girl gang. Anyone used to dealing with armed people can recognize the clues, even on a computer screen.  The little one in front is clearly the leader. . . We need to back away, Roto, slowly, and let the professionals handle this one.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-05-2017, 10:44 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Maybe experience dealing with armed people?  How about being trained to notice cues and body language.  How about experience dealing with people involved in criminal activities so you can observe these cues in a real life situation.Looking at your computer screen doesn't mean much, if anything at all.  Context might be important.  Thanks for making this easy for me though, I had a long day. 

Are we well-served by cops who find profiling "easy"?
Doesn't mean much in an online forum. But on the street is another story.

Also, you've got me wondering now what sort of "training" goes into noticing cues and body language.
Did you complete an interactive computer course?

(04-05-2017, 11:30 PM)Dill Wrote: Actually, the guys with the masks are in Las Vegas. 

But I am concerned about the all-girl gang. Anyone used to dealing with armed people can recognize the clues, even on a computer screen.  The little one in front is clearly the leader. . . We need to back away, Roto, slowly, and let the professionals handle this one.

That moment when you start to lose any credibility you had in the forum....

You have judged folks based merely on appearance in this thread and only about 3 folks have called you on it. Perhaps the usual suspects are now OK with judgement based on nothing more than appearance or their keyboards have quit working. I am at a loss for what else it could be. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(04-05-2017, 11:43 PM)Dill Wrote: Are we well-served by cops who find profiling "easy"?
Doesn't mean much in an online forum. But on the street is another story.

Also, you've got me wondering now what sort of "training" goes into noticing cues and body language.
Did you complete an interactive computer course?

Oh... I don't want to get into this again....but.....

Experience.
Experience teaches you.
Much like playing poker or even boxing/martial arts.
I'm sure LEO's go through courses, but experience is king.

I once told my wife, when visiting Gettysburg, where a certain couple were from and even what the profession was of the wife.
We were in a tour group with them, later.
I was mostly right.
I guessed NY, instead of New Jersey.

My experience ?
A bouncer, artist, somewhat of a mimic of comedians (their inflections/delivery), armchair psychologist, and doing my own social experiments.
It's fun to sit in a mall and deduce what people are talking about.

If we ever have a time to hang together, I can show you.
I've never met a stranger.
I guess maybe that's how I make up for my lack of political experience, when mingling with local government people. 
(04-05-2017, 11:22 PM)hollodero Wrote: I learned that. I widely agree with the "non-leftists" on that one, the racist card is played whenever to silence opposition, and it's often just a knockout argument not based on reality or facts. IDs as requirement for voting is so logical to me, I can't really get why anyone... ok, different topic. I try to avoid debates about race, I'm not knowledgeable enough and the topic is too sensitive, so I shut up.

Just a reminder on the voter ID issue, Hollo. 

1) In-person voter fraud is practically non-existent in the U.S.
2) Voter IDs would cost millions to implement in most places. Either the cost goes on the voter, making it in effect an unconstitutional poll tax, or it goes on the taxpayer.
3) Where ids have been required, thousands of elderly voters--mostly rural minorities--have had difficulty getting these ids. (My mother in law, for example, never had a birth certificate.) Consequently, many have been unable to vote or had to pay inordinate amounts of money to secure their identification, in some cases as high as $1500. http://today.law.harvard.edu/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/FullReportVoterIDJune20141.pdf
4) Republican boosters of the id policy have openly bragged it is a technique for suppressing the Democratic vote.

In a nutshell--the id "protects" against a non-existent threat while suppressing demographics which vote preponderantly Democratic at voter/taxpayer expense.

So the racist card is played here to defend the rights of voters in a country with a history of disenfranchisement at the voting booth.

PS laws restricting early voting are often implemented along with voter id laws to produce the same suppressing effect.
(04-05-2017, 11:30 PM)Dill Wrote: Actually, the guys with the masks are in Las Vegas. 

Sorry..... had to dig.... and I was right.

The cats with the shorts are from Brazil.
It's from this movie/documentary.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2199197/plotsummary?ref_=tt_ov_pl

Pinterest reference....
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/483222234991152850/

Supapowaz!!!
Tongue
(04-06-2017, 12:04 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Oh... I don't want to get into this again....but.....

Experience.
Experience teaches you.
Much like playing poker or even boxing/martial arts.
I'm sure LEO's go through courses, but experience is king.

I once told my wife, when visiting Gettysburg, where a certain couple were from and even what the profession was of the wife.
We were in a tour group with them, later.
I was mostly right.
I guessed NY, instead of New Jersey.

My experience ?
A bouncer, artist, somewhat of a mimic of comedians (their inflections/delivery), armchair psychologist, and doing my own social experiments.
It's fun to sit in a mall and deduce what people are talking about.

If we ever have a time to hang together, I can show you.
I've never met a stranger.
I guess maybe that's how I make up for my lack of political experience, when mingling with local government people. 

You can learn a lot by just watching people.

While in NO last month I was talking to an older lady and asked where she was from originally.  I guessed Brooklyn from her accent and attitude (not bad, not the way she talked and handled herself).  She was born and raised in Louisiana.  Seems that the accent was close enough that people make that mistake often, she said.

But when you job gives you the right to take away other people's rights you get held to a higher standard.  Yelling and screaming at citizens because you "know" something isn't good enough.

[Image: 26-serial-killers-who-were-doctors-u1.jpg]

[Image: Updated-CollegeProf-via-Ivy-Leageue-Style.jpg]

One is a serial killer.

Choose wisely.  Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-05-2017, 10:57 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: No booger-hooks on the triggers, check....... not pointing at another human, check.

I'm good with this.

I'm ok with both groups.
I would be concerned a bit with the group hiding their faces though.
Although, with those shorts..... I'm guessing.... Brazil ?
I'd trust neither, in Brazil.

Yep.

[Image: armed-militia-feature.jpg]

http://addictinginfo.org/2014/07/30/anti-immigrant-militia-groups-carrying-rifles-and-wearing-masks-terrorize-u-s-mexico-border-photos/
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-06-2017, 12:02 AM)bfine32 Wrote: That moment when you start to lose any credibility you had in the forum....

You have judged folks based merely on appearance in this thread and only about 3 folks have called you on it. Perhaps the usual suspects are now OK with judgement based on nothing more than appearance or their keyboards have quit working. I am at a loss for what else it could be. 

Some people might have regarded my description of the all girl gang as joke.  Hence no damage to my credibility.

Or what merely appearance-based judgment could you be referring to?
(04-06-2017, 12:15 AM)GMDino Wrote: You can learn a lot by just watching people.

While in NO last month I was talking to an older lady and asked where she was from originally.  I guessed Brooklyn from her accent and attitude (not bad, not the way she talked and handled herself).  She was born and raised in Louisiana.  Seems that the accent was close enough that people make that mistake often, she said.

But when you job gives you the right to take away other people's rights you get held to a higher standard.  Yelling and screaming at citizens because you "know" something isn't good enough.

[Image: 26-serial-killers-who-were-doctors-u1.jpg]

[Image: Updated-CollegeProf-via-Ivy-Leageue-Style.jpg]

One is a serial killer.

Choose wisely.  Smirk

Top guy.
Hope that was fast enough.
Smug look of a god.
(04-06-2017, 12:18 AM)GMDino Wrote: Yep.

[Image: armed-militia-feature.jpg]

http://addictinginfo.org/2014/07/30/anti-immigrant-militia-groups-carrying-rifles-and-wearing-masks-terrorize-u-s-mexico-border-photos/

I trust the Rio kids more than these guys.
These cats are living out their video games and Soldier of Fortune magazine articles.
(04-06-2017, 12:18 AM)Dill Wrote: Some people might have regarded my description of the all girl gang as joke.  Hence no damage to my credibility.

Or what merely appearance-based judgment could you be referring to?

I could copy and paste the photos you have presented, but it really wouldn't matter. Folks around here see what they want. 

(04-06-2017, 12:20 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Top guy.
Hope that was fast enough.
Smug look of a god.

And no Chinese writing in the bottom corner indicating a catalogue or magazine.  Tongue
(04-06-2017, 12:14 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Sorry..... had to dig.... and I was right.

The cats with the shorts are from Brazil.
It's from this movie/documentary.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2199197/plotsummary?ref_=tt_ov_pl

Pinterest reference....
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/483222234991152850/

Supapowaz!!!
Tongue
You were right, Roto. I had that confused with another. 
(04-06-2017, 12:23 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I could copy and paste the photos you have presented, but it really wouldn't matter. Folks around here see what they want. 

LOL "They" see what they want. You see what is.
(04-06-2017, 12:24 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: And no Chinese writing in the bottom corner indicating a catalogue or magazine.  Tongue

I don't even know WHAT that language is, let alone being able to read it.
BTW... there are sects of Japanese people that worship serial killers, just like here.
Weirdos.....
(04-06-2017, 12:15 AM)GMDino Wrote: But when you job gives you the right to take away other people's rights you get held to a higher standard.  Yelling and screaming at citizens because you "know" something isn't good enough.

I love how hung up on this incident you and your guru are.  If you had been there, or had something resembling a clue, you'd realize how inane you both sound.  I did think of Fred today when dealing with a completely smug turd of a DPD.  You know he's bad when he's trying to give you a hard time and the judge has to stifle her laughter.
(04-06-2017, 12:25 AM)Dill Wrote: LOL "They" see what they want. You see what is.

Nope. I'm part of this forum and have my own biases. I am one of the folks around here. I am not above or below them. 

(04-06-2017, 12:26 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: I don't even know WHAT that language is, let alone being able to read it.
BTW... there are sects of Japanese people that worship serial killers, just like here.
Weirdos.....

It actually might be Japanese, I have a hard time telling unless they're right next to each other.  Korean is easy, look for the circles.
(04-06-2017, 12:26 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: I don't even know WHAT that language is, let alone being able to read it.
Weirdos.....

It's Japanese--Hirgana mixed with Chinese characters.