Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The OL deserves a high five today
Can we take a moment to realize Bengals just won a playoff game with an O-Line consisting of 3 undrafted free agents, two of them picked up on waivers, and a second year 6th round draft pick.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:41 AM)Mobster Wrote: Can we take a moment to realize Bengals just won a playoff game with an O-Line consisting of 3 undrafted free agents, two of them picked up on waivers, and a second year 6th round draft pick.

Which means they need help--in the draft and in free agency. Hopefully, they can parlay the success they've had this year into another good FA haul--this time on the o-line.
Reply/Quote
The FO needs to sign another Cincinnati kid, current FA from the Jags.

Bring Andrew Norwell home! He’s a beast, he’s healthy and a hell of a guard!
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:27 PM)Joelist Wrote: Only 2 sacks one on offense not catching an alignment shift and the other was the back (Perine I think) missed his block. Did not let up a lot of pressure. Only reason some stats were low was Zac called a rather conservative game. Burrow had more than enough time when they let him throw.

Against a team with better weapons I feel the play calling would be more aggressive.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 03:31 AM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: Against a team with better weapons I feel the play calling would be more aggressive.

Further on this point, I like the strategy honestly.  They controlled that game today, against a team that has no bang to it.  Solid, good team, but what are they gonna do right?  You've got the lead, you're in control, comfortably so, most of the game, heart attack inducing ending notwithstanding, I like the conservative approach.

Against teams more difficult to defend come out swinging, don't wait.  Against the weapon starved Raiders they got the lead and laid on it and it worked.  Gonna need to be more aggressive from jump from here on out.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
OL played good enough all things considered. They kept the rush out of Joe's lap which is really all we need to make the offense go. Give the Raiders some props they made a lot of good tackles on rushing plays. There were a bunch of plays where Mixon was 1 tackler away from breaking out.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:06 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Jonah, Spain, and Hopkins didn’t allow a single pressure.

Very impressive stat. Overall I thought the o-line held  up good the passing game, but not much at all in the running attack.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 06:48 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: OL played good enough all things considered.  They kept the rush out of Joe's lap which is really all we need to make the offense go.  Give the Raiders some props they made a lot of good tackles on rushing plays.  There were a bunch of plays where Mixon was 1 tackler away from breaking out.

Very true, Raiders tackled well.

I was more concerned when we need to run the ball for 1 or 2 yards and we can't do it.   Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:41 AM)Mobster Wrote: Can we take a moment to realize Bengals just won a playoff game with an O-Line consisting of 3 undrafted free agents, two of them picked up on waivers, and a second year 6th round draft pick.

It’s almost like good coaching is more important for OL than any other position…
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Amen.  Rock On Who Dey
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 09:31 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s almost like good coaching is more important for OL than any other position…

I think coaching is underrated in general but Frank is one hellava OL coach.  I wouldn't be surprised if he turned one of the youngsters on the current roster into a very good RT.  He has the ability to really save the franchise a lot of top OL money by coaching up the young guys.  

The OL kept Joe on his feet for most of the game and definitely performed well in pass pro!
Reply/Quote
Again Frank Pollack showed why he was the best acquistions of the off season
In order to beat the Raiders , Burrow had to have clean pocket..
Prince really kept one of the leagues best pass rushers at bay.
Ndockwe , I barely heard his name called.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:30 PM)Joelist Wrote: Except that was more the strange run play designs. They kept trying pitch outs to the right and the Raiders were sitting on it. Plus Mixon does have one problem as a RB and that is he trips a lot - one such trip prevented him for going about 40 for a TD. 

It is strange how much he trips up.  It's like he's always on the verge of breaking a long one and trips.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:34 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I thought Prince played a very good game today! 

I think so also. All I could hear all week was Maxx Crosby and the big guy more than held his own with him.
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 10:27 PM)Joelist Wrote: Only 2 sacks one on offense not catching an alignment shift and the other was the back (Perine I think) missed his block. Did not let up a lot of pressure. Only reason some stats were low was Zac called a rather conservative game. Burrow had more than enough time when they let him throw.

Actually that was the plan I believe to get rid of ballso it neutralized the pressure it worked, we moved the ball well so it was a great game plan not conservative we had 6 possessions that took us inside the 35 I believe. 
Reply/Quote
I like the result, but I don't want them to think they can skate by without working on the personnel this offseason. The right side flat out needs work.

I'm not against letting Carman develop if the depth is solid, but he needs to show development and better work ethic along with his physical potential. They do absolutely need a long-term answer at RT. They have the money and even if they didn't, they have a first round pick to throw at the problem.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 11:54 AM)samhain Wrote: I like the result, but I don't want them to think they can skate by without working on the personnel this offseason. The right side flat out needs work.

I'm not against letting Carman develop if the depth is solid, but he needs to show development and better work ethic along with his physical potential. They do absolutely need a long-term answer at RT. They have the money and even if they didn't, they have a first round pick to throw at the problem.

Malik Wright has inside sources with the team, and he has already said they’re making some moves on the OL this offseason. Even after re-signing our own FA’s we’re going to have the money to add a couple decent starters (or even one high end guy).

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 11:30 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: It is strange how much he trips up.  It's like he's always on the verge of breaking a long one and trips.

He wears shin pads too. It might be something in his head. You’re right about being on the verge of a long one.
Reply/Quote
good job by Adeniji and Hopkins

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote