Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Offense
(09-27-2021, 09:23 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Look, I'm happier than hell just like all of you that we won Sunday...but let's talk about the offense.

I'm still concerned. We are lucky that our defense turned over the Steelers and gave the offense really good field positioning Sunday because we couldn't move the ball for shit otherwise.

Is it just me, or does this offense perform BETTER when they are up against the clock and playing more up tempo? You saw it at the end of the Bears game and you saw it this week right before halftime with a minute left. I truly think we need to open it up and just cut them loose. Now I know there are a lot of variables to this (trying to protect Joe, trying to be a "running team", etc) but airing it out IS our identity. It's like we keep running away from it and trying to make it something it's not (being a running team).

I hope I'm not coming off as a downer after a big/fun win but I just think this offense still leaves a lot to be desired of and I think it can be taken to a whole new level with the skill players we have.

They want to protect Burrow as much as possible but when their backs are against the wall, or at the end of half/game, they have to throw caution to the wind and wing it. As he and they get more comfortable with his knee, they'll start to open it up and throw more, get him on the move, etc. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 10:43 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Right now the best part of the Cincinnati offense is the defense; consistently giving the offense great field position against the Steelers was literally a game changer.  

It’s a fact the Bengals’ offense is all or nothing at the moment and the play calling is highly suspect.  Having an almost shutdown defense gives Zac Taylor the luxury of being able to experiment with a myriad of offensive schemes throughout the first part of the season.  However, the offensive scheme needs to be solidified before facing teams like Baltimore and Green Bay.  Not only are their defenses solid but their offenses tend to score a lot of points.

Let’s give props to Frank Pollack who has the offensive line playing much better.  This opens up more of the playbook so when we start to see new plays and wonder when Zac “became more creative” this will be why.

Mixon's cut backs have been a thing of beauty this year. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2021, 11:36 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: The office itself I’m not concerned about. 

Neither am i dawg.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Look at that form!!!

Reply/Quote
The play calling is still mystifying at times though. I want to see more sustainer drives but I have to like the efficiency of the offense.
Reply/Quote