Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Offensive Line: Brutally Honest Assessment
(09-28-2020, 01:37 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: The idea of benching Burrow to save him for next year is one of the dumber things I've heard on this board in a while.

Until he's hurt and career ruined before it even took off. 

Burrow isn't going to make it 16 games. When you come to that realization, you'll understand where people are coming from. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 11:38 AM)Au165 Wrote: Cunningham got sacked 72 times in 86, let's not act like it's some sort of guarantee because one guy was shell shocked all will be. Obviously, getting sacked is bad but everyone goes straight to Carr. Watson was under siege badly his second year getting sacked 17 times over his first 4 games. If Burrow "only" takes 3 sacks next week he is then on the same pace Watson was through four games.

Again, I can't stress this enough, getting sacked is not good. That said, we need to calm down with the Carr comparisons because DeShaun Watson has been sacked almost as many times this season. Hell, Burrow's sack per drop back rate is 9% right now while Watson's is 12%.

According to PFF,5 of the 8 sacks were Burrows fault for holding onto the ball too long.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 11:03 AM)Big Boss Wrote: They've been playing "musical chairs" with the offensive line for 19 games now, with no end in sight.  Except now they're throwing a rookie QB into the fire after an extremely shortened off-season.  They shouldn't be having to do this NINETEEN GAMES into this coaching regime.  At what point does getting this fixed become non-negotiable in the eyes of upper management?  

It's borderline criminal negligence.  They are legitimately in trade territory now, and no veteran should be off limits.  Get offensive line help in here NOW, however you can.  If they don't get this corrected immediately, they have to bench Burrow.  That's the future of your franchise, and he will not survive four games against the Ravens and Steelers.

musical chairs? the only position they have switched is the Right Guard.  That's not musical chairs.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 03:04 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: According to PFF,5 of the 8 sacks were Burrows fault for holding onto the ball too long.

...right, I was literally replying to that. I had him at 3 because two of them he had to "hold the ball" because he was trying to avoid getting hit.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 03:04 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: According to PFF,5 of the 8 sacks were Burrows fault for holding onto the ball too long.

according to Zac 7 of the 8 were the fault of the OL.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

I would say the 3rd and 2 on the first drive was his fault.

Oh and Billy Price was an ok run blocker and a terrible pass blocker in college. I’m no online expert but when you see the guy constantly chasing the guy headed to the QB you don’t have to be Vince Lombardi.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I don't make any claims to being an Oline genius. But it seems to me we're at the point where they have to try something, duh.

It seems to me we have two at least serviceable linemen, Jonah Williams with not much experience and Hopkins. After that it goes downhill pretty hard. I had some hope for Johnson but that appears to be fools gold ? Jury still out on Adeniji.

The remainder are backups at best and I'm not even sure all of them are even that ?

Just looked at Bengals.com and they've promoted Sutherland (G) to active roster so perhaps there are moves ahead ? Is there any way to trade AJ Green for an OG ?
Reply/Quote