Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League
(01-07-2022, 07:15 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I got the first overall pick, so who really won?

Well you're a shoe in to win it next year.
[Image: 1081.gif]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I figured you guys could use some help since you lost to a noob:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/2022-fantasy-football-mock-draft Cool
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 12:01 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I figured you guys could use some help since you lost to a noob:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/2022-fantasy-football-mock-draft  Cool

Never underestimate the power of mock drafting son.  It's my personal expertise around here.  One might say I'm pretty famous.  But mocking is where it's at.  You can check with the old bull on this one.  It's how this 'ol boy drafted from position #12, and damn near went wire to wire.  Had done it too if it weren't for freakin Omicron!

Mock, mock, mock...
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 10:24 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Never underestimate the power of mock drafting son.  It's my personal expertise around here.  One might say I'm pretty famous.  But mocking is where it's at.  You can check with the old bull on this one.  It's how this 'ol boy drafted from position #12, and damn near went wire to wire.  Had done it too if it weren't for freakin Omicron!

Mock, mock, mock...

Hello, allow me to reacquaint myself with you Mr. Famous Mock Drafter.

[Image: NastyFemaleInvisiblerail-size_restricted.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 10:39 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Hello, allow me to reacquaint myself with you Mr. Famous Mock Drafter.

[Image: NastyFemaleInvisiblerail-size_restricted.gif]

Yeah, I won my first year in the League too big boy.  Let's see how you defend that Championship next year.
[Image: im-watching-watch-you.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 11:55 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Yeah, I won my first year in the League too big boy.  Let's see how you defend that Championship next year.
[Image: im-watching-watch-you.gif]

The TecomBengals have started a dynasty. Next year I might actually put some effort into the league, so be ready.

[Image: brushoff-mostinterestingman.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 10:30 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: The TecomBengals have started a dynasty. Next year I might actually put some effort into the league, so be ready.

[Image: brushoff-mostinterestingman.gif]

Where was all this cockiness during the season?  Lol
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2022, 12:34 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Where was all this cockiness during the season?  Lol

I don't know what you're talking about. I knew I was winning the championship all along.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
As the Bengals prep this week for the AFC Championship game, I can only reflect on my own magical ride toward victory as I became the Fantasy Football League Champion.

[Image: joe-burrow-cigar.gif]
Reply/Quote
Interested in joining next season!
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 05:03 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Interested in joining next season!

PM bfine32, he's the Commish.  Mention the discount code OLDBULLZ and get moved up 2 spots.  Lmao  Seriously though, he has the list of interested members.
Reply/Quote
I assume you fellows will want to get an early start in attempts to take away my title:

https://www.espn.com/fantasy/football/story/_/id/33854337/fantasy-football-mock-draft-jonathan-taylor-leads-rb-heavy-first-round-10-team-ppr
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2022, 10:43 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I assume you fellows will want to get an early start in attempts to take away my title:

https://www.espn.com/fantasy/football/story/_/id/33854337/fantasy-football-mock-draft-jonathan-taylor-leads-rb-heavy-first-round-10-team-ppr

No Rush

GO BENGALS

Tiger 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Please don't let Tommy join the league.

https://sports.yahoo.com/reds-tommy-pham-slap-giants-joc-pederson-fantasy-football-disagreement-022850264.html
Reply/Quote
With talk of interested in joining, maybe I better say it early on June 16th. I'm Back I'm ready to Draft in August.

Also a suggestion for Tecmo. Since you won last year, maybe let the rest of us have Rounds 1 and 2 and spot us a head start. You could do this by drafting Kicker and Defense in Rounds 1 and 2, and letting other people get Kupp and Chase.

In serious Tecmo, I wish you had been in Bengals Baseball League. One person Drafted or let Computer Draft. He clearly isn't active, because he has all these IL players in his daily line-up, and good players on the bench. Even not playing, his team puts up a few points, but his team has been an easy win for 2 seasons now because nobody is really running the team. If I gave you his team and players as of June 16th Tecmo, you could do more with the star players the Computer Draft gave him, and you would work the Free Agency to add hot players, dump bad players. You would at least move some players to the IL list and maybe dump some IL players for active Free Agents. You would have at least tried to win, Tecmo. So I'm sorry they said the league was full and you didn't get in. This baseball league clearly carries a team that does a Computer Draft and never makes a Fantasy move all season. It's an easy win for everybody else, but it isn't good for The League to have the Fake Team. I joined when somebody quit the League and I took over around end of June, changed players around and turned a lousy team into a tough team the last 3 months. I wish you had taken over this Fake Team Tecmo, because every other team is Tough. Houndizzles on here is in 1st Place in Baseball, and he knows his baseball also. I'm in 2nd place and I've been putting up wins since I joined. I know some baseball.

Back to Football, looking forward to Bengals Fantasy again. I had a good team until Titans Henry got injured. With the #2 pick in round one, I had to take him, and he had my team doing great until he got injured. I'm not alone, a lot of people had Major Injuries to Top Draft Picks. With the Bengals drafting so late in the draft, I need to do my homework on any NFL rookies who might be worth drafting. Chase is such a rare case, because often these top pick rookies don't do much. It would be unwise to draft an entire team of rookies. TECMO, you nailed it getting both Kupp and Chase who took their teams to Super Bowl and took you TECMO to our Super Bowl.

I don't see any reason why Bengals won't be good again. However I was 26 when Bengals went to 1981 season Super Bowl and 33 during 1988 Super Bowl season. Now at 67. I can tell you young folks that The Bengals now have a giant BULLSEYE on them. They will take nobody by surprise as when a last place team. After 1981 and 1988, the Bengals had a giant BULLSEYE on them. Nobody will take the 2021 Bengals lightly in 2022. Also this should put the Bengals in more Super Bowl Tough Prime Time Games, as in 1982 and 1989. .....Still, I think The Bengals are On The Rise and can be Even Better than the 2021 team. I do NOT think The Bengals have reached their peak yet. With better Blocking, The Bengals could be able to RUN like the 1988 Bengals, and THAT way Burrow would NOT be the most sacked QB in the NFL, plus a good Run game would make The Bengals Passing game even more explosive. The Defense looks solid. .....The difference on 1981 and 1988 is Ken Anderson was at his peak, and so was Boomer. Joe Burrow hasn't reached his peak yet, he will be so much better with good Blocking and some experience now to Read Defenses Faster. Joe Burrow is just getting started. This is why bringing in these Blockers is such a good move, because Joe Burrow is the best young quarterback in the NFL. As good as Anderson and Boomer were, Burrow could be be the Bengals Joe Montana or John Elway or Peyton Manning. Plus the Bengals bring back their Super Bowl DEFENSE. I have seen every Bengals team from 1968 on, and JOE BURROW looks to be the best quarterback and ready to have Super Bowl WINS and end up in NFL Hall of Fame, IF...IF they Block for him. None of this happens without BLOCKING.. They say you win with Defense, but I say even more, Every Super Bowl WINNER had a Great Offensive Line. Go back and watch all Super Bowl Highlights and you will see I am correct. The O Linemen only get their names called when they make a penalty, but I tell you O Linemen were the reason behind every Super Bowl Win ever. If this O Line gets Dominate, The Bengals will be The Dynasty Team of The 2020's. The Blocking of the 40's Bears, the 50's Browns or Lions, Lombardi's Packers, The Dolphins, Steelers, Raiders, 49ers, Cowboys, Washington, Broncos, Patriots great Era's. Heck, I knew The Parcells Giants were going to win the Super Bowl when their O Line was knocking every D Line 5 yards back on every snap.....Better Blocking could make Joe Burrow unbeatable If you can BLOCK up and down the field, no team can beat you.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I'll be ready whenever we start up, only way is up from where I'm at. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Team, I'll be renewing the league very soon and will be looking at options/suggestions (just don't bust a spring if I suggest something).

Current thoughts:

Expanding to a 14 team league with 2 divisions of 7.

Limit the scoring positions. Last year we just had too many (IMO)

2 "double header" weeks

Keeper Supplemental draft

let me know if you have any ideas to spice it up
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 05:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Team, I'll be renewing the league very soon and will be looking at options/suggestions (just don't bust a spring if I suggest something).

Current thoughts:

2 "double header" weeks

What is a keeper supplemental draft?

I'll say I'm really not in favor of keepers at all as I think it takes a lot of fun out of the draft but I'm open to whatever in the end.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 06:49 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: What is a keeper supplemental draft?

I'll say I'm really not in favor of keepers at all as I think it takes a lot of fun out of the draft but I'm open to whatever in the end.

You can trade any of your "keepers" for one released by another team. 

Example: Team A releases player A who they drafted in the 4th round. Player B can claim him for a 3rd. But they must release one of their keepers (if they kept 2).

I really like keepers and have even considered a "college keeper". Pick one college player and assign a value to him. 

Example:  Team A likes Smith-Njigba and outs a 3rd RD claim on him. At the end of the year if he wants him he forfeits his 3rd rounder. Of course Team B could jump in and place a 2nd rd claim. Of course we'd have a deadline line week 3 of the college season. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 05:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Team, I'll be renewing the league very soon and will be looking at options/suggestions (just don't bust a spring if I suggest something).

Current thoughts:

2 "double header" weeks

Im all for the 14 team divsion league and limiting scoring positions (especially with more people drafting).... Now the Keeper I dont care either way but if you do add extra teams they wont have a chance at a Keeper right?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote