Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League
(07-27-2022, 10:38 AM)bfine32 Wrote: It is not complicated and I've done it every year. 

WTS, with the addition of 2 new teams and folks tending to not be in favor of keepers; I propose no keepers this year. Which really hurts because I got Justin Herbert in the 7th last year, 

Sounds good. 

We still going 14 team league?

We doing a random drawing for draft order again this year?

Also any thoughts on a benefit for winning consolation bracket so guys don't just quit, maybe winning the right to pick where you draft the following year?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2022, 10:38 AM)bfine32 Wrote: It is not complicated and I've done it every year. 

WTS, with the addition of 2 new teams and folks tending to not be in favor of keepers; I propose no keepers this year. Which really hurts because I got Justin Herbert in the 7th last year, 

I'm glad you propose no Keepers this year.  

If and when we ever have Keepers, they should count as a persons 1st Round Pick.  If a person keeps 2, he gives up his 1st and 2nd Round Pick.  THAT is how a Keeper League works.  

It would be unfair to keep a Justin Herbert and only give up a 7th Round pick or someone else to keep Chase and only give up maybe a 5th round pick, but other who have Keepers have to give up First Round Picks.  That is creating an unfair balance and it's pretty much like cheating.  It would be easy then to set up a Buddy System where peoples Buddy's only give up late round picks and others have to give up first round picks.  It's a way to rig the game and cheat, I'm sorry, but it is true. 

Any Keeper League that I've been in is very simple.  If you want to Keep a Justin Herbert, then you have to be willing to give up a First Round Pick, and if you Keep Two players you don't get to draft until Round 3.   That is Fair.  That is the only way it can be Fair.  Now if a player isn't worth your First or Second Round Pick, then don't mark them as a Keeper.  The idea of Keeping a player and only giving up a 7th Round pick is Cheating and Unfair.  It would ruin the League.  This is a good League, but it won't be if you ever add things like that.   Keeper Leagues are very Simple.  You don't have to Keep anybody and you can draft in the First Rounds, but IF you do Keep somebody you give up a First Round and IF you Keep 2 you don't draft until Round 3.   THAT IS FAIR.  That is the ONLY way it could be Fair.   To say I've decided I get to keep Justin Herbert and only give up a 7th round is Cheating.  If we can't win and play without Cheating, this League would go from being a Good League to a Lousy League.  

It is good this is not an issue since you say we probably aren't going to have Keepers this year.  The whole idea of a Keeper League is are you willing to give up a First and Second Round Pick.  Some take the OPTION of not Keeping anybody so they can still Pick in Round 1 and 2.    A Keeper League is NOT so somebody can Keep a Justin Herbert and only give up a 7th Round Pick.  That is Cheating.  I don't know if this League did that in the past, but it is Cheating.  If we can't play and win without Cheating, then what is the point of playing.  A Fantasy Keeper League is always very basic.  You have to be willing to give up your First Round Pick and Second Round if you keep 2.  IF you are unwilling to do that, you don't keep anybody and you get to draft in Round 1 and 2.   There is never some gimmick where one person only has to give up a Round 7.  If Justin Herbert is worth Keeping, then you give up a Round One Pick, it is that simple in all Keeper Leagues.  

Let us pretend that in the NFL, all teams give up all their players each year, but each team can Keep Two. But then they say if The Steelers keep 2, they only have to give up late round picks, but f the Bengals keep 2 they have to give up Top Picks. We Bengals Fans wouldn't like The Steelers having that advantage, would we. Of course not.

Such a case is a Baseball Keeper League I am in. You can Keep up to 2 players but you don't get to draft until Round 3. I choose keeping nobody in 2021 and took the Top Draft picks. In 2022 I kept 2 Pitchers and didn't draft until Round 3. There was no option to only give up a 7th round pick. Everybody had to decide if they wanted to draft in Round One or use a Keeper. Now THAT is Fair. That is the ONLY way it can be Fair.

Again, I'm glad you are saying there are no Keepers this year, that way this won't come up this year.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
To steal a line from Steve Stiffler, " FrS,frs,frs"...lol. I'm back and as always in for a penny in for a pound. ** I haven't been able to access this account on tmb in nearly a year and a half. Missed some of y'all...haha
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2022, 11:03 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: To steal a line from Steve Stiffler, " FrS,frs,frs"...lol. I'm back and as always in for a penny in for a pound. ** I haven't been able to access this account on tmb in nearly a year and a half. Missed some of y'all...haha

Glad to see you
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 12:01 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Glad to see you

Thank you, sir! Glad to be back!
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2022, 01:05 PM)kevin Wrote: I'm glad you propose no Keepers this year.  

If and when we ever have Keepers, they should count as a persons 1st Round Pick.  If a person keeps 2, he gives up his 1st and 2nd Round Pick.  THAT is how a Keeper League works.  

It would be unfair to keep a Justin Herbert and only give up a 7th Round pick or someone else to keep Chase and only give up maybe a 5th round pick, but other who have Keepers have to give up First Round Picks.  That is creating an unfair balance and it's pretty much like cheating.  It would be easy then to set up a Buddy System where peoples Buddy's only give up late round picks and others have to give up first round picks.  It's a way to rig the game and cheat, I'm sorry, but it is true. 

Any Keeper League that I've been in is very simple.  If you want to Keep a Justin Herbert, then you have to be willing to give up a First Round Pick, and if you Keep Two players you don't get to draft until Round 3.   That is Fair.  That is the only way it can be Fair.  Now if a player isn't worth your First or Second Round Pick, then don't mark them as a Keeper.  The idea of Keeping a player and only giving up a 7th Round pick is Cheating and Unfair.  It would ruin the League.  This is a good League, but it won't be if you ever add things like that.   Keeper Leagues are very Simple.  You don't have to Keep anybody and you can draft in the First Rounds, but IF you do Keep somebody you give up a First Round and IF you Keep 2 you don't draft until Round 3.   THAT IS FAIR.  That is the ONLY way it could be Fair.   To say I've decided I get to keep Justin Herbert and only give up a 7th round is Cheating.  If we can't win and play without Cheating, this League would go from being a Good League to a Lousy League.  

It is good this is not an issue since you say we probably aren't going to have Keepers this year.  The whole idea of a Keeper League is are you willing to give up a First and Second Round Pick.  Some take the OPTION of not Keeping anybody so they can still Pick in Round 1 and 2.    A Keeper League is NOT so somebody can Keep a Justin Herbert and only give up a 7th Round Pick.  That is Cheating.  I don't know if this League did that in the past, but it is Cheating.  If we can't play and win without Cheating, then what is the point of playing.  A Fantasy Keeper League is always very basic.  You have to be willing to give up your First Round Pick and Second Round if you keep 2.  IF you are unwilling to do that, you don't keep anybody and you get to draft in Round 1 and 2.   There is never some gimmick where one person only has to give up a Round 7.  If Justin Herbert is worth Keeping, then you give up a Round One Pick, it is that simple in all Keeper Leagues.  

Let us pretend that in the NFL, all teams give up all their players each year, but each team can Keep Two.   But then they say if The Steelers keep 2, they only have to give up late round picks, but f the Bengals keep 2 they have to give up Top Picks.  We Bengals Fans wouldn't like The Steelers having that advantage, would we.   Of course not.

Such a case is a Baseball Keeper League I am in.  You can Keep up to 2 players but you don't get to draft until Round 3.  I choose keeping nobody in 2021 and took the Top Draft picks.  In 2022 I kept 2 Pitchers and didn't draft until Round 3.  There was no option to only give up a 7th round pick.  Everybody had to decide if they wanted to draft in Round One or use a Keeper.  Now THAT is Fair.  That is the ONLY way it can be Fair.

Again, I'm glad you are saying there are no Keepers this year, that way this won't come up this year.
Thanks for the lesson on Keeper Leagues..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2022, 10:21 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: It's almost like you don't trust me  Hilarious

Nervous

bfine is a man of his own ways. 
Reply/Quote
I’m in…can’t wait to beat some of you guys again, and some of you guys for the first time.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I'm fine with no keepers since it wasn't known when drafting last year. If we do keepers, I think it's best to start the practice with a fresh draft.
Reply/Quote
Anyway we can get draft order? I need to do some mocks to pass time at work.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2022, 12:26 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Anyway we can get draft order? I need to do some mocks to pass time at work.  Hilarious

Same!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2022, 12:26 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Anyway we can get draft order? I need to do some mocks to pass time at work.  Hilarious

(08-01-2022, 01:13 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Same!  Hilarious

Mocks? LoL. Mocks are for women. Real men sit around smoking cigars and drinking beer and when the draft rolls around, they pick players off the top of their head, not knowing who is active to start the year or not. 

LoL. Mocks.

Freaking Millennials.   LMAO

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 01:44 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Mocks? LoL. Mocks are for women. Real men sit around smoking cigars and drinking beer and when the draft rolls around, they pick players off the top of their head, not knowing who is active to start the year or not. 

LoL. Mocks.

Ahem, Gen Xer here who was mocking fantasy football drafts with pencil and paper before the internet as we know it existed.

Now excuse me will I go sip on my latte and reflect on my championship winning ways.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 01:44 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Mocks? LoL. Mocks are for women. Real men sit around smoking cigars and drinking beer and when the draft rolls around, they pick players off the top of their head, not knowing who is active to start the year or not. 

LoL. Mocks.

(08-02-2022, 09:06 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Ahem, Gen Xer here who was mocking fantasy football drafts with pencil and paper before the internet as we know it existed.

Now excuse me will I go sip on my latte and reflect on my championship winning ways.  Hilarious

Don't you guys need to get to the retirement homes scheduled breakfast soon? I'd hate for you to be late and miss out on all the soft foods.
Reply/Quote
I'm late to the party. Has the draft date and time been set yet?
Funny stuff Tecmo and Faulk.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 09:06 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Ahem, Gen Xer here who was mocking fantasy football drafts with pencil and paper before the internet as we know it existed.

I thought this was a 'no steelers fans' league. Rant  

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 09:00 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I thought this was a 'no steelers fans' league. Rant  

I'm starting a fantasy league dynasty. No hating allowed.  Cool
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 09:03 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm starting a fantasy league dynasty. No hating allowed.  Cool

Ok, now you sound more like a real Bengals fan.   Ninja

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2022, 02:24 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I'm late to the party. Has the draft date and time been set yet?
Funny stuff Tecmo and Faulk.

Yahoo Site says Draft is August 25th, Thursday at 7 PM.  

Haven't did the the thing yet picking something that gives Draft Spots.  Keep an eye out for that. Wasn't it Fantasy Wizards or Greek Gods or something last year. That should be coming up soon on this site, picking something that gives a secret draft position.

You might want to say, " I'M IN " as we all have done.  

Meanwhile I'm going against you in Baseball this week. You have the hot team all season out in front, and I'm knocking myself out trying to pull  huge upset over you so I can get back to .500 ball and make a late season run.  You have a great baseball team smoking everybody. We are close in points after 2 days, but still 5 days to go. Your pitcher for Toronto put up 41 points tonight, which is huge. That's 2 weeks worth of points in one game. I'm lucky to still be close.  I'm not without some players like Judge, and I will need them, because you score a ton of points each week. 

Glad to see you got your computer site glitch with Bengals Boards solved and back on here that you mentioned on baseball site.  Ready for some Football.  Should be a good season.  I tried to get the word in that you were IN again, and were fixing a Log In problem with this site.  

Glad to see you got in Houndizzles...and I've been watching my Cincy Red Tigers trying to keep up with you tonight in baseball.   I'm looking forward to our Football Draft this month.  I've did Mocks from all 14 positions, and really I think you can build a good team no matter where you draft. Yes, have been practicing Yahoo Mocks. Well, they give you an idea how Yahoo has it set up, and how to find and select players.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
We still going 14?

I seem to remember bfine puts up a vote for draft times but not sure, maybe the one in the app is right.

I'm hoping for 1st or last pick, love the back to back picks.
Reply/Quote