Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League
(08-03-2022, 12:24 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: We still going 14?

I seem to remember bfine puts up a vote for draft times but not sure, maybe the one in the app is right.

I'm hoping for 1st or last pick, love the back to back picks.

I just figured the draft time on Yahoo is right because the League Manager restarted the Yahoo League.   I'm willing to draft any time, play by any rules, with any number of teams. 

Good Luck to you and everybody when we draft. It should be a good competitive League like last year.

GO BENGALS
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2022, 10:38 AM)bfine32 Wrote: It is not complicated and I've done it every year. 

WTS, with the addition of 2 new teams and folks tending to not be in favor of keepers; I propose no keepers this year. Which really hurts because I got Justin Herbert in the 7th last year, 

Well i got herbert as a FA the year before, so boo-frickin-hoo, lol.
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2022, 02:21 AM)kevin Wrote: Yahoo Site says Draft is August 25th, Thursday at 7 PM.  

Haven't did the the thing yet picking something that gives Draft Spots.  Keep an eye out for that. Wasn't it Fantasy Wizards or Greek Gods or something last year.  That should be coming up soon on this site, picking something that gives a secret draft position.

You might want to say, " I'M IN " as we all have done.  

Meanwhile I'm going against you in Baseball this week. You have the hot team all season out in front, and I'm knocking myself out trying to pull  huge upset over you so I can get back to .500 ball and make a late season run.  You have a great baseball team smoking everybody. We are close in points after 2 days, but still 5 days to go. Your pitcher for Toronto put up 41 points tonight, which is huge. That's 2 weeks worth of points in one game. I'm lucky to still be close.  I'm not without some players like Judge, and I will need them, because you score a ton of points each week. 

Glad to see you got your computer site glitch with Bengals Boards solved and back on here that you mentioned on baseball site.  Ready for some Football.  Should be a good season.  I tried to get the word in that you were IN again, and were fixing a Log In problem with this site.  

Glad to see you got in Houndizzles...and I've been watching my Cincy Red Tigers trying to keep up with you tonight in baseball.   I'm looking forward to our Football Draft this month.  I've did Mocks from all 14 positions, and really I think you can build a good team no matter where you draft.  Yes, have been practicing Yahoo Mocks. Well, they give you an idea how Yahoo has it set up, and how to find and select players.
Thanks! Thursday is good for me. I was concerned that we would be doing it on the Saturday before Labor Day. I'm playing a benefit for a young boy (13) that has to have a kidney transplant. I already played one fund raiser for Sebastian and it went well but we're doing another one for him. This next one will be an all day event with multiple bands and a lot more support from the community.

As for our FBB matchup, I currently have Stanton, Trout, Franco, and Turner on the IL and I had to cut Sale and Stripling (both on the IL) just so I could have enough players to fill out my lineup. I think you'll be just fine this week. Last time we played your team was banged up and this time it's mine. Plus you're up by 70 after last night.
Reply/Quote
So does anybody know if we're still going 14 or did we lose enough that we're gonna stay at 12?
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2022, 04:24 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: So does anybody know if we're still going 14 or did we lose enough that we're gonna stay at 12?
I'm tracking we're going 14.

bfine
Hollo
Coach
rfaulk/Teeth
Dude
kevin
tecmo
Vas
Bob Jones
Synric
Slade
JC
Cloe
Harley
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
& no keepers from last year, right? If we're drafting fresh is the plan to have keepers going forward based on this draft?
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2022, 09:05 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: & no keepers from last year, right? If we're drafting fresh is the plan to have keepers going forward based on this draft?

No keepers this year and none planned for future drafts.

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2022, 12:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No keepers this year and none planned for future drafts.

Any update on draft times and pick order?
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2022, 01:10 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Any update on draft times and pick order?

Proposed is August 25th, Thursday at 7 PM.

I need a few to let me know if that works or propose at alternate date/time

Also; I'll be coming up with a way to set draft order instead of waiting to draft night.

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2022, 05:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Proposed is August 25th, Thursday at 7 PM.

Also; I'll be coming up with a way to set draft order instead of waiting to draft night.

Sounds good, times fine for me.
Reply/Quote
I've cleaned out my PMs. I need email addresses from the following:

Cloe
JC
rfaulk

Just send me a PM or post it here.

Also below are the current roster settings:

QB-1
RB-1
WR-2
W/T-1
W/T/R- 1
K-1
DEF-1
DEF Player-1
BENCH-7
IR-2

Reply/Quote
I sent you a PM, bfine.

…and the date and time for the draft is good with me.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2022, 06:59 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I sent you a PM, bfine.

…and the date and time for the draft is good with me.

invite sent

Reply/Quote
Someone please give me some insight into the defensive player position. I once played in what was called a defensive heavy league where a team had to fill certain spots in the line-up but each was designated like LB, S, DL ect... I'm guessing that this will be similar?
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2022, 04:01 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Someone please give me some insight into the defensive player position. I once played in what was called a defensive heavy league where a team had to fill certain spots in the line-up but each was designated like LB, S, DL ect... I'm guessing that this will be similar?
You can pick any Defensive Player you want. Points are as follows:

Sack 2 Points
Interception 3 Points
Fumble Force 2 Points
Fumble Recovery 2 Points
Defensive Touchdown 6 Points
Safety 2 Points

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2022, 05:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Proposed is August 25th, Thursday at 7 PM.

Sounds good.  Will be looking for Info Updates you post on this. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I preassigned a draft position to one of the 14 countries that border Russia. Pick a country; get assigned a draft position. I've also sent the master to Holic so I cannot save the best spot for myself; as I will take whatever is not taken. In case you're not a geography buff:

Azerbaijan, Belarus, China, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Kazakhstan, North Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Mongolia, Norway, Poland, and Ukraine

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2022, 06:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I've cleaned out my PMs. I need email addresses from the following:

Cloe
JC
rfaulk

Just send me a PM or post it here.

Also below are the current roster settings:

QB-1
RB-1
WR-2
W/T-1
W/T/R- 1
K-1
DEF-1
DEF Player-1
BENCH-7
IR-2

Thanks for The Info....So 16 draft rounds....So we still draft a Defensive Team, but new is drafting a Defensive Player.  I'm already figuring there will be a ton of defensive players left on the board at the end of the draft rounds.  If there is 12 or 14 of us, there is certainly 12 or 14 good D players in the NFL.  I would think, which D Players are most likely to take the ball the other way and score Touchdowns like Deion Sanders use to.  I've never drafted a D Player, but sounds like a Fun twist.  

Thanks for all the Draft Info....Will be looking for your posts....I don't want to miss it if you have us pick a thing that holds a hidden draft position like last year.  I'll quickly pick whatever to draft wherever.  I feel there are no bad draft positions and they all even out as it snakes around. 

So we don't really need a TE again, but if Kelce is on the board, he puts up huge points.  Once season got started last year, often there were better TE's in Free Agency than WR's, if I needed to add a pass catcher.  So Tight Ends are still a good option to draft or add as season is going.  Some TE's in the NFL get thrown the ball a lot in the end zone on red zone plays, so a top TE gets to score Touchdowns on those Alley OOP passes to the basketball player sized TE. I can see a place in NFL for a 7 foot tall basketball Tight End when in Red Zone, or any real good Alley Ooop hoops player in college who can rise up, catch and dunk, but do it with a football.

It all looks good....Ready for some Football.....and GO BENGALS. ... Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Also, everyone is locked in except Cloe

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2022, 03:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I preassigned a draft position to one of the 14 countries that border Russia. Pick a country; get assigned a draft position. I've also sent the master to Holic so I cannot save the best spot for myself; as I will take whatever is not taken. In case you're not a geography buff:

Azerbaijan, Belarus, China, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Kazakhstan, North Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Mongolia, Norway, Poland, and Ukraine

Can I take Poland. I use to work in a Polish neighborhood. Great people.  They taught me how to say Yak She Mash, which is How are You.....and Dobsha, which means Fine or OK. 

My 2nd choice would be Azerbaijan to get that hard spelling off the board.

So POLAND and if that's gone my 2nd choice one.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote