Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League
(08-02-2015, 07:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I will say 2 things:

McNeil should have been 1 of the 12

McNeil is handling his omission very poorly

Leave it to bfine to light a candle:

First I will happily surrender my spot to McNeil (I do not want a 14 team league). If folks agree to this, then problem solved.

If this is unacceptable I recommend a 2nd "JV league." A second league with a minimum of 8 players. At the end of the season. The bottom 3 of Cupcake's league are relegated to the JV league, the top 3 of the JV league are promoted, and the bottom 3 of the JV league are removed and 3 more in waiting are entered.

This works really well in a keeper league as one of the new mangers must take over the roster of one of the relegated teams.

I will organize the JV league if McNeil takes my spot in the Cupcake league.

Remember everyone: It's fantasy football, it is supposed to be fun.

I'd actually rather not play a game with such a poor sport.  PAPinhead has PM'd me asking that if anyone dropped out, he'd like to join.  He came at me in a classy way, so if you're dropping out, I'd rather play a game like this with someone like Pinhead rather than someone like McNeil.  I've been playing with pinhead for years, and like McNeil, he was overlooked.  His approach to the issue was a hell of a lot different though.  

I never knew that organizing a league would be filled with so much drama.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Maybe I should just quit and leave a spot open for those who feel they're better than me, and deserve to play?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2015, 07:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I will say 2 things:

McNeil should have been 1 of the 12

McNeil is handling his omission very poorly

Leave it to bfine to light a candle:

First I will happily surrender my spot to McNeil (I do not want a 14 team league). If folks agree to this, then problem solved.

If this is unacceptable I recommend a 2nd "JV league." A second league with a minimum of 8 players. At the end of the season. The bottom 3 of Cupcake's league are relegated to the JV league, the top 3 of the JV league are promoted, and the bottom 3 of the JV league are removed and 3 more in waiting are entered.

This works really well in a keeper league as one of the new mangers must take over the roster of one of the relegated teams.

I will organize the JV league if McNeil takes my spot in the Cupcake league.

Remember everyone: It's fantasy football, it is supposed to be fun.
Thank you for offering a compromise and I sincerely mean that. I enjoyed being in a league with Shake,yourself, and most of the others last season. It was a fun and competitive league. 
JC left me out for a reason and that was before I got pissed off.  In one statement he says that he invited the guys he had played with before back and a couple of posts later he openly admits that we were in a league together on yahoo that currently held only 6 members.
Yes, it did bother me because as I mentioned I enjoyed going against you guys. I have offered an apology for my handling of the matter and I did handle it poorly.
If JC wants to call it whining for pointing out the fact that he blatantly lied then so be it. Plz keep your spot bfine. Thank you for your effort. 
Pinheads and I have been in a FBB league for years so I am sure that he and I can put ourselves a similar league together if we so choose.
I don't see any scenario moving forward where JC and I will be having "fun" together on any level. 
It is certainly supposed to be about fun and I enjoyed competing with y'all last season. However, nothing about someone openly lying to me,himself, and the other members of this board or league is fun. Best of luck to eleven of you.
Again thanks for the effort, besides you're the one I wanted to beat anyways after that dismal loss in the championship game last season and I can't do that if you're not in the league...lol...:)
I consider this matter over and done. Best wishes.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2015, 09:55 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Maybe I should just quit and leave a spot open for those who feel they're better than me, and deserve to play?

No one said a word to you so perhaps you should keep it that way. If you feel inferior perhaps you should try a little blue pill for enhancement and longer stamina.
Reply/Quote
Fantasy football is serious business around here, eh?

Anyway, my vote goes for the following...

No divisions.
Yes PPR, or .5, either way.
No negative points (not sure that's "normal" for fantasy but just a suggestion).
The position list on the other page looks good.
Almost any Sunday evening would be good for draft time assuming it's over by around 9 or so EST for me.
I've never played in a keeper league but it seems like it could be fun. I'll vote whatever the majority wants for that one.

That's all I can really think of as far as important topics go for now.
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2015, 10:12 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: JC left me out for a reason and that was before I got pissed off. 

All things being fair, this is an anonymous message, and since none (few?) of us know each other personally then I'm not sure you yourself you should take it personally.  In fact, I find it almost impossible to believe he purposefully left you off.

I'd bet Fred Toast' left nut that he just simply forgot and/or your name didn't come to mind.  Translation: Honest mistake.  And I hate to even use the word mistake.

New board, new members, new names (see me for example) and a new league.  What's more likely A.) He knowingly didn't include you because he was both scared of losing in a free league and has some sort of agenda against you personally or B.) He decided to create a new league and just sent out a few invites to people that came to mind, and for whatever reason he forgot you?

I'm personally betting the house on B.  
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2015, 10:12 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Thank you for offering a compromise and I sincerely mean that. I enjoyed being in a league with Shake,yourself, and most of the others last season. It was a fun and competitive league. 
JC left me out for a reason and that was before I got pissed off.  In one statement he says that he invited the guys he had played with before back and a couple of posts later he openly admits that we were in a league together on yahoo that currently held only 6 members.
Yes, it did bother me because as I mentioned I enjoyed going against you guys. I have offered an apology for my handling of the matter and I did handle it poorly.
If JC wants to call it whining for pointing out the fact that he blatantly lied then so be it. Plz keep your spot bfine. Thank you for your effort. 
Pinheads and I have been in a FBB league for years so I am sure that he and I can put ourselves a similar league together if we so choose.
I don't see any scenario moving forward where JC and I will be having "fun" together on any level. 
It is certainly supposed to be about fun and I enjoyed competing with y'all last season. However, nothing about someone openly lying to me,himself, and the other members of this board or league is fun. Best of luck to eleven of you.
Again thanks for the effort, besides you're the one I wanted to beat anyways after that dismal loss in the championship game last season and I can't do that if you're not in the league...lol...:)
I consider this matter over and done. Best wishes.

I've never said that I invited every person that I've played fantasy football with.  If you can point out where I did, I'd appreciate it.  If not, then maybe you could stop calling me a liar.  

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself last season, and I'm sure that you'll find a different league where you can enjoy yourself again this season....perhaps even with some of the individuals that are also in this league. I'm sure that you'll handle yourself a bit more maturely and less foolishly than you have here.  
LFG  

Reply/Quote
While we're on subject of fantasy skill level and the amount of anxiety that comes along with the pressure of a free, anonymous league, let me take a few minutes to calm some nerves, and to lighten the mood.

1.) This is a free league. No monetary gain, loss, or pressure.

2.) We don't know each other. Not really at least. I could weigh 400 pounds (I don't) and have a Culture Club tattoo on my ankle (it's on my shoulder). Who really cares what random internet dude thinks?

3.) I know what some of you are thinking: That's Wes Mantooth. The Toast Jones. That's the guy who is the best poster in the game. The truth speaker. The dragon slayer. He's laid out Bill Brasky. He did two chicks at the same time.

Don't be intimidated. I am, afterall, just a man. Even when I'm running circles around the draft, whowing you cool PPR tricks you didn't know about (c remember that you can learn from it, rather than be scared of losing. Consider this a learning experience rather than a potential slaughter.

4.) Andy Dalton has a noodle arm. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyboSYt6J8I
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2015, 10:43 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: While we're on subject of fantasy skill level and the amount of anxiety that comes along with the pressure of a free, anonymous league, let me take a few minutes to calm some nerves, and to lighten the mood.

1.) This is a free league.  No monetary gain, loss, or pressure.

What?!?! Cupcakes charged me $10 and made me send an autographed photo so that he can brag that he knows me.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2015, 10:36 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: All things being fair, this is an anonymous message, and since none (few?) of us know each other personally then I'm not sure you yourself you should take it personally.  In fact, I find it almost impossible to believe he purposefully left you off.

I'd bet Fred Toast' left nut that he just simply forgot and/or your name didn't come to mind.  Translation: Honest mistake.  And I hate to even use the word mistake.

New board, new members, new names (see me for example) and a new league.  What's more likely A.) He knowingly didn't include you because he was both scared of losing in a free league and has some sort of agenda against you personally or B.) He decided to create a new league and just sent out a few invites to people that came to mind, and for whatever reason he forgot you?

I'm personally betting the house on B.  

He's been upset that I supposedly didn't include him in the invites because he came in second in a league that I may or may not have been a part of.  Not only that, but the guy that he lost to; the champion of that league, was the first dude that I invited to this league; bfine.  

Also, until this thread, I cannot remember a negative encounter with the guy, so I assure you, there is no grudge.  I simply invited a bunch of guys that I'd played with before (not EVERY guy that I've been in a league with) and didn't think much about it past that.  

I could understand the complaint if this were a continuation of an old league, but it isn't.  Hopefully, everyone has a good time and the 90210 bullshit surrounding the thread can be put behind us.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
So far, it's looking like:

No divisions
Current roster positions are good
.5 PPR
2 keepers (though I don't see this as a possibility if we do bfine's suggestion of a second team)

Draft time is in the air. We have 3 for Sunday evening and 1 for any weeknight, and 1 for Saturday AM.
Week 17? Should it be a playoff week or should the season end at 16?
No negative points? I've never played that way, but I think it'd be strange to not deal out negs to INTs and fumbles, at the least.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2015, 10:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What?!?! Cupcakes charged me $10 and made me send an autographed photo so that he can brag that he knows me.

I didn't ask for the photo to be a nude selfie though.  
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2015, 10:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Cupcakes charged me $10 and made me send an autographed photo so that he can brag that he knows me.

He charged me twenty and made me send nudes. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2015, 10:58 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote:   Hopefully, everyone has a good time and the 90210 bullshit surrounding the thread can be put behind us.

Open another window and play this is the background while reading this thread.  Good times. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2015, 11:08 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I didn't ask for the photo to be a nude selfie though.  

It's all I got.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2015, 10:15 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: No one said a word to you so perhaps you should keep it that way. If you feel inferior perhaps you should try a little blue pill for enhancement and longer stamina.

I was simply looking for a way to be fair about this.  But after your classy comment, screw you.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2015, 11:28 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I was simply looking for a way to be fair about this.  But after your classy comment, screw you.

Ha! Dude, I was just FN with you. I have no beef with either you or JC. I was buzzed last night and felt slighted by JC for not inviting me into the league. In hindsight I now realize that I had confused JC with CFB when it came to last years draft. It's all good. For the final time I will apologize to Cupcakes he/she probably did just forget to invite me with the board changeover and all. I'm Scots/Irish and at times a fiery guy.
I've been here awhile and to be left out on a group of folks that I enjoy competing with left me butt-hurt. 
In this case I certainly should have been a bit more diplomatic and used my thicker skin. I will suggest that you do the same as far as my comment to you went. It's all good.
Wts, I'm a damn solid fantasy player. Good luck JC and hopefully no hard feelings. I just let my emotions get the best of me on this one. Shit happens from time to time. Is all good.
Reply/Quote
I think the season should end at 16. Kind of sucks having a great team and then losing when half of your lineup doesn't play in week 17.

The negative point thing was just a suggestion because that's how my buddy always set up our cash league, so that's the mindset I'm used to going into a draft. I've played in a few leagues with negs though so I'm not going to be upset about it either way

I definitely think a second league would be cool if enough people are interested, but I have a suggestion for a change to that.

I think the second leagues top players each year should have the opportunity to join the other league if people choose to not stay a part of it in the future. I don't think we should be switching guys back and forth among them, especially if all 12 this year want to come back and play with the same group of guys again. If 1 guy drops out next year, I don't see a problem with giving the champ of the other league first dibs on his spot and then going down the chain from there if he declines

I personally think part of the fun of a league like this is to get to play with the same guys each year, it gives it an added fun factor IMO. It would definitely lessen that to me if we were play hot potato with 3 guys each year from each league.

Like I said earlier though, even if we end up doing the opposite of all of my opinions, I'll still play and not complain, this is purely for fun. Seems like a solid group we have here and this should be a good time. Hopefully we can get the draft date/time settled asap.
Reply/Quote
If it will make things easier for all involved, CoachMcneil can have my spot, as I did not participate last year.

If anyone else should drop out, just keep me in mind as the 1st alternate.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2015, 07:40 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If it will make things easier for all involved, CoachMcneil can have my spot, as I did not participate last year.  

If anyone else should drop out, just keep me in mind as the 1st alternate.

I don't support this idea.

I vote for keeping the current 12 and not having a guy join that takes fantasy football waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously.
Reply/Quote