Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League
(10-16-2018, 06:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Harley Dog's team had me nervous this past week, thought that I might be going down.  But, I wouldn't call the season a wash just yet, Shake.  We're not even half way yet, and star players get injured every week.  I will say this much.  Our scrap heap is pretty well picked over.  I check it every week, just in case someone let someone that I like go.  No chance..

It's funny, I'm starting to like my team. Ryan has been on fire. AJ Green and Juju have been fantastic. Fournette and Ajayi have been huge injuries for me, but Sony Mitchell has stepped up big time and Tevin Coleman should be an RB2 with Freeman going on I.R. Plus Eric Ebron has turned into a fantasy beast.

It just hasn't translated to wins yet.

(10-16-2018, 09:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I lost by 70 points and still didn't have the worst defeat of the week. WTS, Hugh G. Rection is still looking good. Just wish Amari Cooper wasn't my #1 WR

Should've taken Juju.  Ninja
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 12:12 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Should've taken Juju.  Ninja

I'd rather never win another FF game in my life. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 12:14 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Boy I put a whoopin' on Shake this week!  Won by .04 points!   Hilarious

(10-16-2018, 03:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Went to bed thinking I had a safe lead. I was up by like 28 points and Rodgers was off to a slow start.

Went to check my team a minute ago fully expecting a 3-3 record. Saw 2-4 and was like wuuuut?  Sick

Dude my season is pretty much over and now I hate Aaron Rodgers. I'm going to ban PackerBacker just to make myself feel better.   Rant

Did a stat correction make it a tie? Wow what are the odds? Thats a wild ride lol.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 09:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I lost by 70 points and still didn't have the worst defeat of the week. WTS, Hugh G. Rection is still looking good. Just wish Amari Cooper wasn't my #1 WR

You got Ben Zoo’d

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 10:36 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Did a stat correction make it a tie? Wow what are the odds? Thats a wild ride lol.

Yeah, what happened?  I was 3-3 and now I'm 2-3-1.  WTF?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 10:36 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Did a stat correction make it a tie? Wow what are the odds? Thats a wild ride lol.

(10-19-2018, 03:39 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Yeah, what happened?  I was 3-3 and now I'm 2-3-1.  WTF?

Wowzers. A tie in a league that tracks points down to hundredths? On a stat correction no less?

I feel safe to say that will never happen again. 

EDIT: I just looked, and the stat correction was 1 yard for Matt Ryan. 1 freaking yard.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 03:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Wowzers. A tie in a league that tracks points down to hundredths? On a stat correction no less?

I feel safe to say that will never happen again. 

EDIT: I just looked, and the stat correction was 1 yard for Matt Ryan. 1 freaking yard.

Mind boggling!   Hilarious
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2018, 01:40 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: You got Ben Zoo’d

The only silver lining to the Bengals crushing defeat?  Mahomes allowed my boys to come storming back on your guys, after being down 20+ earlier in the day.

Nice matchup, see you in the playoffs!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
What an ugly day. My fantasy team drops a bunch of duds. Yet another week where I have a RB leave the game early due to injury.

Then the Bengals get absolutely embarrassed. Gaah
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 01:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: What an ugly day. My fantasy team drops a bunch of duds. Yet another week where I have a RB leave the game early due to injury.

Then the Bengals get absolutely embarrassed.  Gaah

You picked the wrong week to play a lousy team like mine.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 08:29 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The only silver lining to the Bengals crushing defeat?  Mahomes allowed my boys to come storming back on your guys, after being down 20+ earlier in the day.

Nice matchup, see you in the playoffs!

Indeed. Having ab on bye and Gordon missing the game didn’t help.

The silver lining is hunt did allow me to beat the first place team in my money league

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 01:58 PM)hollodero Wrote: You picked the wrong week to play a lousy team like mine.

Not going to lie, I saw the record and thought this week would get me back to .500. 

Cry
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 01:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: What an ugly day. My fantasy team drops a bunch of duds. Yet another week where I have a RB leave the game early due to injury.

Then the Bengals get absolutely embarrassed.  Gaah

Dude - I'm a fantasy muff this year. In all my leagues, I've been taking a pounding! Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 02:05 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Dude - I'm a fantasy muff this year. In all my leagues, I've been taking a pounding! Hilarious

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Funny thing is, after the draft, I thought I was locked for a great season. Ugh!

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 02:36 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Funny thing is, after the draft, I thought I was locked for a great season. Ugh!

Injuries suck. I've lost Fournette and Ajayi. Now Sony Mitchell is hurt. Just one of those years.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 04:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Injuries suck. I've lost Fournette and Ajayi. Now Sony Mitchell is hurt. Just one of those years.

Atleast that turned out to be nothing serious, just a week to week thing.

Also what are the Cowboys even doing right now? A first round pick for Amari Cooper.  Hilarious

And thank god for Marlon Mack somehow getting a 31 point game.  Rock On
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 06:23 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Atleast that turned out to be nothing serious, just a week to week thing.

Also what are the Cowboys even doing right now? A first round pick for Amari Cooper.  Hilarious

And thank god for Marlon Mack somehow getting a 31 point game.  Rock On

True, but that's the 2nd time I've had my starting RB get hurt early in the game. Plus I'm 2-4-1 and already thin at RB. So losing Mitchell for 1-2 weeks is pretty much devastating to any playoff hopes I had left. 

The story of my season will be RB injuries. I'm all set at QB, WR and (oddly enough) TE.

And yeah, what a desperate move by the Cowboys. Reminds me of when they gave up a 1st for Roy Williams (the Lions WR) back in the day.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 04:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Injuries suck. I've lost Fournette and Ajayi. Now Sony Mitchell is hurt. Just one of those years.

Well you have bad luck to blame, that's something. I drafted Freeman, Miller and Hogan to complement my genius first round pick Julio Jones. And who better to round that ensemble up than Josh Gordon in the 5th. I have to blame myself. That sucks worse.

Also, Sunset, I made you a trade offer decades ago I really like to see forcefully rejected.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2018, 12:20 AM)hollodero Wrote: Well you have bad luck to blame, that's something. I drafted Freeman, Miller and Hogan to complement my genius first round pick Julio Jones. And who better to round that ensemble up than Josh Gordon in the 5th. I have to blame myself. That sucks worse.

Also, Sunset, I made you a trade offer decades ago I really like to see forcefully rejected.

I've had a few trade offers that I have not accepted.  Truth is I have a pretty good team, but very thin on the bench.  I feel lucky that injuries haven't hit me too hard, yet.  If I were to trade away anyone without receiving a guaranteed points producer, I'd be in a bad spot.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote