Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League
(09-14-2021, 07:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Mostert out for the year

You're enjoying that aren't you?  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 05:37 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: You're enjoying that aren't you?  

Incoming random practice squad player coming in to get the bulk of the carries, 49ers always produce a RB 1 just never know who it's gonna be.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 05:37 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: You're enjoying that aren't you?  

Well I do have the dude that rushed for 100 yards last week and Trey Sermon. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 06:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well I do have the dude that rushed for 100 yards last week and Trey Sermon. 

Well you don't have to rub my nose in it.
Reply/Quote
Yahoo does not agree with me lining up a team of starters who had around 10 points or more in first week, and it goes against Yahoo projected points for week 2. Still, I think their projections are based on last year, and this is a whole new year. So Yahoo has me scoring the fewest points in week 2 to go 0-2 on season. Still, after Yahoo saying that I had the worst Draft, and after my week one loss, I did add some players who did have good Week Ones, and they are starting for me. I may go 0-2, I may have a slow start, but I will build a team that has the hottest players This Year that I can get. I was offered some trades for my best players, and that I won't do. In a draft as long as ours was, there are players that I drafted in late rounds of questionable ability, and players who actually had good Week Ones easily took their roster spots for me. Yahoo may be correct, and I may get clobbered and go to 0-2, but I will week by week put together the most competitive team in 2021 that I can, not going on what Yahoo projects. but what players are actually doing on the field.

So my team is not set in stone. I am trying to build a good team in first few weeks. I may indeed start slow, but I will not be trading off by best players. Because I drafted at 2, my waiver spot started at 11. I am now down to 5. This means soon it will be my turn to grab a top free agent. So even if I do start 0-2, I will not be trading my best players, but instead replacing my worst players as my time to get a top waiver free agent is coming soon. I will make a good team out of what I have, it just may take me a few weeks of grabbing players on the rise in 2021. I am in no way ready to trade my best players to teams just because I lost in week one. I don't quit, and I never scuttle my best players to other teams, I will put my best team out there up to last week of season.

I don't blame people trying to trade their worst players for good players like in trading baseball cards. It happens in all Fantasy Leagues. I don't blame them trying to get something for nothing in trades, it's just that I'm not doing it. Now a fair trade is different, but over the years in Fantasy, I've been offered very few fair trades of a swap of good players. Mostly it is somebody thinking they can trade their worst players for somebody's best players, and NO, I'm trying to get some wins also.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Sounds like somebody tried to trade a kicker for Derrick Henry.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2021, 01:49 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Sounds like somebody tried to trade a kicker for Derrick Henry.  Hilarious

Hey...It was a good kicker

Reply/Quote
No I offered him Josh Jacobs and DeVonta Smith for Derrick Henry. Lol. That is the only player really worth anything on his team and both Jacob's and Smith scored 16 points week 1.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
You're awful quiet there Bobby Boy. I smell fear.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2021, 02:31 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: You're awful quiet there Bobby Boy.  I smell fear.

Its just that I'm so unconcerned with your team that I've been watching Norm Macdonald clips all week rather than focusing on fantasy, you'll find out where your team belongs after this weekend though :  

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47rzrklm9wallc4evmrw...y.gif&ct=g]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2021, 06:04 PM)Synric Wrote: No I offered him Josh Jacobs and DeVonta Smith for Derrick Henry. Lol. That is the only player really worth anything on his team and both Jacob's and Smith scored 16 points week 1.

I would have taken that trade in a heartbeat. If Henry does anything this year, it will be against the norm with the number of carries he's had the last 2 years. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2021, 12:52 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Its just that I'm so unconcerned with your team that I've been watching Norm Macdonald clips all week rather than focusing on fantasy, you'll find out where your team belongs after this weekend though :  

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47rzrklm9wallc4evmrw...y.gif&ct=g]

Hilarious That's pretty funny man.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2021, 04:19 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I would have taken that trade in a heartbeat. If Henry does anything this year, it will be against the norm with the number of carries he's had the last 2 years. 

Why don't you put your name down for the next opening in the League faulk?  You're here more than half the members.  Plus kickin' your ass would make my life complete.   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2021, 06:04 PM)Synric Wrote: No I offered him Josh Jacobs and DeVonta Smith for Derrick Henry. Lol. That is the only player really worth anything on his team and both Jacob's and Smith scored 16 points week 1.

(09-18-2021, 04:19 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I would have taken that trade in a heartbeat. If Henry does anything this year, it will be against the norm with the number of carries he's had the last 2 years. 

Henry putting that 35 plus and Smith with like 2 and Jacobs out (below average even when he's not). 

There's a reason he didn't trade his first rounder for a 5th and 10th+ rounder after a bad week.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 08:29 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Henry putting that 35 plus and Smith with like 2 and Jacobs out (below average even when he's not). 

There's a reason he didn't trade his first rounder for a 5th and 10th+ rounder after a bad week.  Hilarious

You seem to be avoiding discussing your fate tonight Bobby boy!  Mahomes and Kelce thunder still to come!  But My team is dropping like flies.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 09:07 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: You seem to be avoiding discussing your fate tonight Bobby boy!  Mahomes and Kelce thunder still to come!  But My team is dropping like flies.

Unless CEH or Williams has a Henry type night we both know this one's over.

I've watched Cooper, AB, and just now Williams all just miss on TDs all day. Throw in Cooper and Cook both getting banged up all day and I got the feeling early this wasn't gonna be my week. 

Let's hope we didn't peak in week 1.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
All I needed last week was for Ruggs to just do a little bit; he did nothing. So I sat him today:
5 catches
113 yards
1 TD
20 points.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 09:37 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Unless CEH or Williams has a Henry type night we both know this one's over.

I've watched Cooper, AB, and just now Williams all just miss on TDs all day. Throw in Cooper and Cook both getting banged up all day and I got the feeling early this wasn't gonna be my week. 

Let's hope we didn't peak in week 1.  Hilarious

If it helps any, I lost Landry for a while it appears.  I'm getting devastated by injuries.  Once the BYE weeks start, I'm in trouble.  No depth.
Reply/Quote
Alright, looks like I am in the W column despite my RBs not producing with the run game (Barkley, 57 yards; Harris, 38 yards; and Jones II, 27 yards).

Lamar, Cooper, Cooks, Chase and the Pats Def carried me to victory this week. Unless, of course, Jones from GB puts 70+ fantasy points tonight.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 11:19 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Alright, looks like I am in the W column despite my RBs not producing with the run game (Barkley, 57 yards; Harris, 38 yards; and Jones II, 27 yards).

Lamar, Cooper, Cooks, Chase and the Pats Def carried me to victory this week. Unless, of course, Jones from GB puts 70+ fantasy points tonight.

Halfway there

Reply/Quote