Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League
(09-18-2021, 04:19 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I would have taken that trade in a heartbeat. If Henry does anything this year, it will be against the norm with the number of carries he's had the last 2 years. 

Pretty sure Synric wishes you were in the league and owned Henry..
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm going wire to wire baby!!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 11:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Halfway there

Yeah, but fortunately for me Jones needed about 7 to 8 TDs for me to lose. I had a big week.
Reply/Quote
This league is totally the worst for waiver wire pickups. Every player is already taken!
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 09:33 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: This league is totally the worst for waiver wire pickups. Every player is already taken!

With the current settings waiver wire is going to be difficult. I apparently added an extra W/R/T when setting the positions. Of course I blame this all on the Ass. Comish. I have given thought to removing 1 and requiring everyone to drop one from their team, but everyone would have to ne 100% on board. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 10:15 AM)bfine32 Wrote: With the current settings waiver wire is going to be difficult. I apparently added an extra W/R/T when setting the positions. Of course I blame this all on the Ass. Comish. I have given thought to removing 1 and requiring everyone to drop one from their team, but everyone would have to ne 100% on board. 

I'd be down for that, honestly alot less interesting when team size and bench size is so large, waiver wires been garbage before week 1 even started. 

I'll throw an early vote in for next year to have just one flex next year instead of 2-3. Makes in season waiver pickups more of a factor instead of everyone stashing guys all season.

Just my opinion though, others may like this setup.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 12:19 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I'd be down for that, honestly alot less interesting when team size and bench size is so large, waiver wires been garbage before week 1 even started. 

I'll throw an early vote in for next year to have just one flex next year instead of 2-3. Makes in season waiver pickups more of a factor instead of everyone stashing guys all season.

No, I agree.  Not fond of it.  And where is our Ass Commish?
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 12:19 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I'd be down for that, honestly alot less interesting when team size and bench size is so large, waiver wires been garbage before week 1 even started. 

I'll play by any rules. 

I will add that I am in other Leagues of smaller team sizes, but the Free Agent List Talent is thin in those also.  I don't think me dropping my worst player is going to improve the Pool very much.  I also am not interested in everybody else's worst player.   I feel it's just too early yet.  There are going to be players rise up on teams and be good Free Agent Additions.   

Right now, there are good Free Agent WR's to add.  What there isn't is good RB's to add, but that is normal since every League I've ever been in hoards and sandbags all the RBs.  Now some RBs will step up and they will go fast, but that is normal.  

So I have no problem with the rules, but I'll drop my worst player if we go to that, however I fail to see why people would want my worst player. 

Here's another thought.  I just went through Bengals Board Fantasy Baseball, and it was a constant of players off with Covid.  We may end up glad that we have extra players on our teams before this season is over 

But, I'll play by any rules. I'm the new guy in this League, so far be it from me to set rules.  I'll play by any rules. 

Oh yes, I got lucky and am at 1-1, even though I'm not scoring many points yet.  Just dumb luck that I am 1-1 and not 0-2.  Still, I'll take the lucky close win.  Like Bengals, I have to be somewhat happy that I am at 1-1, although I was hoping Bengals would start 2-0.  Beat the Steelers and go to 2-1, that would be a nice Division Game Win. Bengals O Line will have to step up against Steelers Defense.  I think Bengals Defense could keep score down and Victory within reach. Maybe game winning FG's by Bengals rookie kicker. GO BENGALS. 

Tiger
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 02:19 PM)kevin Wrote: I'll play by any rules. 

I will add that I am in other Leagues of smaller team sizes, but the Free Agent List Talent is thin in those also.  I don't think me dropping my worst player is going to improve the Pool very much.  I also am not interested in everybody else's worst player.   I feel it's just too early yet.  There are going to be players rise up on teams and be good Free Agent Additions.   

Right now, there are good Free Agent WR's to add.  What there isn't is good RB's to add, but that is normal since every League I've ever been in hoards and sandbags all the RBs.  Now some RBs will step up and they will go fast, but that is normal.  

So I have no problem with the rules, but I'll drop my worst player if we go to that, however I fail to see why people would want my worst player. 

Here's another thought.  I just went through Bengals Board Fantasy Baseball, and it was a constant of players off with Covid.  We may end up glad that we have extra players on our teams before this season is over 

But, I'll play by any rules. I'm the new guy in this League, so far be it from me to set rules.  I'll play by any rules. 

Oh yes, I got lucky and am at 1-1, even though I'm not scoring many points yet.  Just dumb luck that I am 1-1 and not 0-2.  Still, I'll take the lucky close win.  Like Bengals, I have to be somewhat happy that I am at 1-1, although I was hoping Bengals would start 2-0.  Beat the Steelers and go to 2-1, that would be a nice Division Game Win. Bengals O Line will have to step up against Steelers Defense.  I think Bengals Defense could keep score down and Victory within reach. Maybe game winning FG's by Bengals rookie kicker. GO BENGALS. 

Tiger

I mean I'm fine staying as is since the seasons already started, just wanted to throw my thoughts out for next year since this just feels worse than previous years.

We probably should have seen this coming, waivers are already bare in a 12 man but then you throw in quite a few more roster spots and of course it's gonna be worse.

More than happy to just stick it out this year with what we got though, tough to do in season changes imo.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 03:11 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I mean I'm fine staying as is since the seasons already started, just wanted to throw my thoughts out for next year since this just feels worse than previous years.

We probably should have seen this coming, waivers are already bare in a 12 man but then you throw in quite a few more roster spots and of course it's gonna be worse.

More than happy to just stick it out this year with what we got though, tough to do in season changes imo.

I'm fine with this scenario.  I'm screwed anyway.  Now Landry is on IR.  I'm in trouble.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 07:36 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I'm fine with this scenario.  I'm screwed anyway.  Now Landry is on IR.  I'm in trouble.

Well if your in trouble anyway then trade me Swift for cheap.  Ninja

No but for real, if you can see a realistic trade with my team for Swift, let me know.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 07:42 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Well if your in trouble anyway then trade me Swift for cheap.  Ninja

No but for real, if you can see a realistic trade with my team for Swift, let me know.

Trade Swift?  I only have 3 RB's.  And 2 of them suck.  Let me go look at your team.  I'll check back in.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 07:05 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Trade Swift?  I only have 3 RB's.  And 2 of them suck.  Let me go look at your team.  I'll check back in.

Only thing I see is a Swift for Cook deal.  I'll throw in Valdes-Scantling?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 07:19 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Only thing I see is a Swift for Cook deal.  I'll throw in Valdes-Scantling?
[Image: giphy.gif]

I see you value Swift way higher than I do.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote

I'm in agreement that it's way less interesting with the whole stashing players method. There is no week to week strategy & no hope for the losing teams they might get a waiver wire gem. 
Reply/Quote
I think I'm in trouble this week. I need some big games out of some unlikely dudes.
[Image: AcademicFrailEft-size_restricted.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 06:56 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I think I'm in trouble this week.  I need some big games out of some unlikely dudes.
[Image: AcademicFrailEft-size_restricted.gif]

Same here, AB probably out with the covid stuff, Cooper may miss this week. Add that to Jeudy and Ayuik and my WRs are falling fast.

Might be starting Cephus, Meyers, and E. Sanders  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 10:57 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Same here, AB probably out with the covid stuff, Cooper may miss this week. Add that to Jeudy and Ayuik and my WRs are falling fast.

Might be starting Cephus, Meyers, and E. Sanders  Hilarious

I feel your pain, I gotta' start Darious Slayton from the Giants.  There's a goose egg.  Just have to laugh at these injuries.
[Image: laughing-laughing-hysterically.gif]
Reply/Quote
Oh Saxnot is pleased with the non performances of McCaffrey and Anderson Last night. I might pull this one out!
[Image: a1294342492_10.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Headed home today so I should be back late tonight. Looks like I lost another close matchup lol. Fantasy hates me this year.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote