Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League
(10-05-2021, 07:34 AM)Synric Wrote: [Image: 0e9151c416856aa9c3784a896ba99270.jpg]
  • Well okay. But I'll rebound next week. ?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm 1-3 and Urinal Cake is 3-1, so I fail to see why Yahoo has my team as a 67 % favorite. I am in dire need of players stepping up and a win. I am concerned what Buffalo QB Allen gives me in points as they play at Kansas City who's defense has been good enough to go to the last 2 Super Bowls. Allen has yet to put up points like last year. I want to rise up from 1-3, but I still fail to see how Yahoo has me a favorite over a 3-1 team. I don't think you can put too much stock in Yahoo's predictions. Urinal Cake must be better than Yahoo thinks, the team is 3-1. Meanwhile I hope Bengals beat Packers, and I'm rooting for Urinal Cake RB Mixon to be healthy enough to help Bengals go to 4-1. I'm a Bengal Fan First, and Fantasy comes second. Boyd could help me with a good day.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
RBs are scarce, but I found one in the garbage bin of free agency. Peyton Barber is a good add to my bench because my only back-up was David Johnson. Henry and Denver rookie Williams are my starters, but what about bye-weeks and injuries. Now if a RB breaks out big in free agency, I will grab him fast. For now, adding Barber is a big addition for me in dire need of RB Depth behind my 2 starters. Barber and Johnson will do on my bench for now. Who knows, one of them may start putting up fantasy points. Each week I will check to see if a RB in free agency took over on a team as Corey Dillion did in 1997, after riding the pines early in season. Injuries to Mixon could just show Perrine or Evans putting up more points. Some team might just have a RB who gets off the bench and shows his stuff, and I'll grab him fast. If not, grabbing Barber helps out my weak bench of RBs. I like my starters, but my bench of just David Johnson was not too hot. Adding Barber is an improvement. One mans garbage is another mans treasure.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2021, 03:20 PM)kevin Wrote:  Adding Barber is an improvement.  

That would be impressive considering he could be missing a few weeks with turf toe and barely sees the field to begin with when Jacobs is healthy.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2021, 04:18 PM)cinci4life Wrote: That would be impressive considering he could be missing a few weeks with turf toe and barely sees the field to begin with when Jacobs is healthy.

It's exactly why I dropped Barber. He had his one game of glory and is back to irrelevancy. Now, if Jacobs & Drake go down perhaps that changes but the same can be said about many guys on the waiver wire and their respective teams. 
Reply/Quote
Time for my return to dominance. Currently, I have 3 players on my roster out, and 2 of them are on IR.
Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2021, 04:18 PM)cinci4life Wrote: That would be impressive considering he could be missing a few weeks with turf toe and barely sees the field to begin with when Jacobs is healthy.

In my hunt for a back-up RB, Turf Toe Barber now dropped, and McNichols added.  This gives me 2 Tennessee RBs in Henry and McNichols on my bench with David Johnson.  McNichols doesn't put up rushing yards as I would like.  However Tennessee is throwing to him as much as a WR, and for all I know he may be lining up a lot at WR or Flanker. So he is putting up fantasy points catching the ball, an RB more like a WR.  

Having 2 Tennessee RBs does not help me on bye-weeks, so my search continues for a break out free agent RB in the weeks ahead. I need to save my very good waiver position now for just that one special RB that might take off, still early in the season. I'm happy with Henry and Denver top rookie Williams as starters, but my RB depth on bench is a weakness I must continue to focus on improving each week. If I sandbag my #2 waiver spot for RB and nothing but a RB that takes off in free agency, that could work on adding RB depth at some point in season. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
My team is thin, and they are few, but they shall prevail for Saxnot!
[Image: a1294342492_10.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Looking like another bad week for me, guys dropping every week. Just this week I'll have Chris Carson and Dalvin Cook out, plus Russel Wilson out for 6 plus weeks.

Might just autodraft next year.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 01:06 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Looking like another bad week for me, guys dropping every week. Just this week I'll have Chris Carson and Dalvin Cook out, plus Russel Wilson out for 6 plus weeks.

I feel your pain man, I got dudes playin' I never even heard of!
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2021, 01:06 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Looking like another bad week for me, guys dropping every week. Just this week I'll have Chris Carson and Dalvin Cook out, plus Russel Wilson out for 6 plus weeks.

I don't know why, but I am worried that you're winning and I'm taking the L. You're up by about 20 points and have Hines at RB going tonight. The fantasy gods of logic should make me the weekly winner since I still have my QB, K, and DEF going tonight but for some reason I feel like you have a chance still.

Anyhow, it sucked for you because you got great performances out of 3 WRs to only be hamstringed by the QB1 & RB1 injuries.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 09:21 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I don't know why, but I am worried that you're winning and I'm taking the L. You're up by about 20 points and have Hines at RB going tonight. The fantasy gods of logic should make me the weekly winner since I still have my QB, K, and DEF going tonight but for some reason I feel like you have a chance still.

Anyhow, it sucked for you because you got great performances out of 3 WRs to only be hamstringed by the QB1 & RB1 injuries.

Don't be so nice Tecmo, let him have it.  Revel in BobbyBoy's misery!
[Image: raccoon-weird.gif]
Reply/Quote
In all seriousness, I think the new lineup scheme has all of us scrambling with the rash of injuries. Whoever can stay healthy is likely going to win this year. I'm actually finding it more challenging than our previous lineup.
[Image: 6ffac2479b56971ebfe144ed4eb90ea7_w200.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 09:21 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I don't know why, but I am worried that you're winning and I'm taking the L. You're up by about 20 points and have Hines at RB going tonight. The fantasy gods of logic should make me the weekly winner since I still have my QB, K, and DEF going tonight but for some reason I feel like you have a chance still.

Don't give me hope.  Hilarious

But yeah losing Chris Carson, Dalvin Cook, Russel Wilson, and CEH all either just before the game or after a half does not feel good.

(10-11-2021, 09:53 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: In all seriousness, I think the new lineup scheme has all of us scrambling with the rash of injuries.  Whoever can stay healthy is likely going to win this year.  I'm actually finding it more challenging than our previous lineup.
[Image: 6ffac2479b56971ebfe144ed4eb90ea7_w200.gif]

Yea it's something new for sure, still think I like it less than a standard lineup, although I'll admit I don't miss trying to find a TE all season just to play everyone of them on there down weeks  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 10:22 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Yea it's something new for sure, still think I like it less than a standard lineup, although I'll admit I don't miss trying to find a TE all season just to play everyone of them on there down weeks  Ninja

I'm with you on that.  And Kelce is proving to be a bad choice too.
Reply/Quote
Oh, I want to let him have it but I'm doubting my team. If Jackson throws a couple INTs, Colts light it up, and Tucker misses kicks then I lose! I fear the fantasy football gods right now.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2021, 10:22 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Yea it's something new for sure, still think I like it less than a standard lineup, although I'll admit I don't miss trying to find a TE all season just to play everyone of them on there down weeks  Ninja

I suggested the W/T spot instead of TE only... I don't know were the extra 2 flex spots came from lol.

It does look like my team is starting the pull out of the hole after losing by very few points weeks 1 & 2.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I needed the win this week just to reach 2-3. Now to try to get to 3-3 next week. I see a FA RB to use my top waiver position on, with Barkley injured and Booker his replacement. Not as good as I wanted, but will make a better RB on my bench than who I have. He got carries and passes Sunday a Run TD and a pass TD. 19 fantasy points. Got to grab him. My bench RB's so far stink. Giants are kind of forced to play him some games. Barkley's ankle was swollen the size of a pumpkin. Talk about a rough game, Giants lost their starting QB and RB. Could be a chance for Giants #2 QB to move up in FA, but there is no shortage of FA QB's as with FA RB's.

Bengals went into OT, so they played Aaron Rodgers Packers tough. I think Bengals take Lions next week to go to 4-2 on the season. Browns lost. Hopefully Ravens lose tonight on Monday Night. That way Bengals lose no ground in standings.

I need to win week 6 to get to 3-3, because week 7 has most of my team on bye-week. A couple winning weeks before that one is needed by me to stay competitive.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
If the Colts hold Mark Andrews under 9.90 points, I'll win.
Nervous
Reply/Quote
My team is blowing it. Lamar fumbled, Raves DEF sucking, and Tucker not getting any chances. I might lose this & I'm only down by 7 with a quarter to go.
Reply/Quote