Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League
(12-28-2020, 06:57 AM)hollodero Wrote: Honestly, in the end I feel it could have been anyone of us four. You, Mantooth, Harley and me. Not to complain about a P4 finish, but not only Harley would have severely beaten any of you two in the finals, but also my squad. What Harley's team did this week, well, that was something else. Congrats to P3.

Not to take anything away from Mantooth, he finished first in regular season, beat everyone fair and square in the playoffs and deserves the win. Congratulations for that as well, and to you for P2. But it was a lot of luck involved.
Obviously nothing but props, but you received a miracle game out of Diggs or you wouldn't have made it past me in the first round. League was solid this season.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2021, 11:57 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Obviously nothing but props, but you received a miracle game out of Diggs or you wouldn't have made it past me in the first round. League was solid this season.

Yeah that is true and it deserves mention. My take referred to the time of the semis and to the four teams in play, but yeah boy was I more than lucky to even get there. Your team was just as solid as any and I feel sorry for having neglected that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2021, 04:17 AM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah that is true and it deserves mention. My take referred to the time of the semis and to the four teams in play, but yeah boy was I more than lucky to even get there. Your team was just as solid as any and I feel sorry for having neglected that.

No worries! Just pointing out how competitive our league was this past season. I handed Mantooth a pretty good loss there a couple of weeks before the playoffs started. And, if not for a ridiculous rash of injuries bfine's team would have probably been a tough out as well.

If we can keep the core group, next season should be just as fun.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2021, 05:29 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: No worries! Just pointing out how competitive our league was this past season. I handed Mantooth a pretty good loss there a couple of weeks before the playoffs started. And, if not for a ridiculous rash of injuries bfine's team would have probably been a tough out as well.

If we can keep the core group, next season should be just as fun.

Definitely a lot of folks that know what they're doing. Not like the PnR league that is also on this board. I lost one game all year and it was over Thanksgiving when I didn't replace players on bye. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2021, 09:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Definitely a lot of folks that know what they're doing. Not like the PnR league that is also on this board. I lost one game all year and it was over Thanksgiving when I didn't replace players on bye. 

I think many of us pay attention, read player updates, opinions, odds, etc. sometimes I choose to bench a player due to weather. That’s the difference in the competition levels of any league. Then sometimes, you just get a team decimated with injuries or poor seasons. Having the balls to separate yourself from your like for a certain player determines your chances of saving a shit season.  Many people walk away when their out of contention. We don’t have a lot of that here neither.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2021, 10:47 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think many of us pay attention, read player updates, opinions, odds, etc. sometimes I choose to bench a player due to weather. That’s the difference in the competition levels of any league. Then sometimes, you just get a team decimated with injuries or poor seasons. Having the balls to separate yourself from your like for a certain player determines your chances of saving a shit season.  Many people walk away when their out of contention. We don’t have a lot of that here neither.

Not that I disagree, but I have to add that for a large part, I rolled with the players I drafted, and I guess the same is true for most teams. The reason the league was so close and competitive is, to an extent, that there were enough top players around to fill multiple teams quite nicely.

Maybe we need some more starting spots, so the odds play a larger part, compared to fill a roster with the same studs each week and not having to think about it too much.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 07:57 AM)hollodero Wrote: Not that I disagree, but I have to add that for a large part, I rolled with the players I drafted, and I guess the same is true for most teams. The reason the league was so close and competitive is, to an extent, that there were enough top players around to fill multiple teams quite nicely.

Maybe we need some more starting spots, so the odds play a larger part, compared to fill a roster with the same studs each week and not having to think about it too much.

I think we all dropped and signed other players through the season but I agree with what your saying. However, I'm not sure we need top open up to other players but wouldn't be 100% against it. 

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 11:00 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think we all dropped and signed other players through the season but I agree with what your saying. However, I'm not sure we need top open up to other players but wouldn't be 100% against it. 

Sure, I for one picked up some Agholors and types like that only to with chirurgical precision pick the wrong dude for the FLEX every week. Was lucky in the playoffs with striking FA gold. But in the end, I had the core group. It wasn't particularly hard to steer them into the playoffs, they just worked out from the start and that was that.

With more positions, it would be a bit more difficult, and we could actually see a trade or two once in a while. But yeah just a thought, it's not that uber-important.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 11:00 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think we all dropped and signed other players through the season but I agree with what your saying. However, I'm not sure we need top open up to other players but wouldn't be 100% against it. 

(02-04-2021, 09:56 AM)hollodero Wrote: Sure, I for one picked up some Agholors and types like that only to with chirurgical precision pick the wrong dude for the FLEX every week. Was lucky in the playoffs with striking FA gold. But in the end, I had the core group. It wasn't particularly hard to steer them into the playoffs, they just worked out from the start and that was that.

With more positions, it would be a bit more difficult, and we could actually see a trade or two once in a while. But yeah just a thought, it's not that uber-important.

I'm assuming you want like 2 more flex spots or something? 2 QB?
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 12:44 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I'm assuming you want like 2 more flex spots or something? 2 QB?

I didn't have a specific position in mind. I'd also be fine with a third WR, as I would be fine with leaving everything as it is.

2 QB is not to everyone's liking usually, though I'd be fine with that as well.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 12:44 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I'm assuming you want like 2 more flex spots or something? 2 QB?

Well, adding additional positions does create more competition. But I'm really neither for or against the idea. 

Reply/Quote
Adding another flex postion is going to be really tricky in a 12 man league. It could be easily done in a 10 man but with 12 teams we're really going to be scraping the bottom of the barrel to fill that last spot when injuries start factoring in.

The easiest way to add scoring and to spice up the league would be 2 QB's. I'm also a BIG fan of IDP's (individual defensive players) over team defenses. Team defenses can be rotated each and every week based on matchup and it's still incredibly luck based. Whereas IDP's take a lot more skill to build out your roster and when and how to draft them.

Just my 2 cents...
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 12:51 PM)hollodero Wrote: I didn't have a specific position in mind. I'd also be fine with a third WR, as I would be fine with leaving everything as it is.

2 QB is not to everyone's liking usually, though I'd be fine with that as well.

(02-04-2021, 01:30 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Well, adding additional positions does create more competition. But I'm really neither for or against the idea. 

(02-04-2021, 02:04 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Adding another flex postion is going to be really tricky in a 12 man league.  It could be easily done in a 10 man but with 12 teams we're really going to be scraping the bottom of the barrel to fill that last spot when injuries start factoring in.

The easiest way to add scoring and to spice up the league would be 2 QB's.  I'm also a BIG fan of IDP's (individual defensive players) over team defenses.  Team defenses can be rotated each and every week based on matchup and it's still incredibly luck based.  Whereas IDP's take a lot more skill to build out your roster and when and how to draft them.

Just my 2 cents...

Yea I'm good with any of it or staying the same, I honestly don't think much changes with those additions outside of removing defenses and using IDP. Thats something new rather than just adding more points with another QB,WR, or FLEX.

But like I said I could live with any change or no change, all good with me
Reply/Quote
I'll check into some ways to spice up the scoring. Something I wanted to do in the past but got booed was going to an auction draft.

I do like the 2 QB idea, but on bye weeks we are scrapping the bottom of the barrel

Maybe look at Steelers players getting 0 points and Bengal's double.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 09:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll check into some ways to spice up the scoring. Something I wanted to do in the past but got booed was going to an auction draft.

I do like the 2 QB idea, but on bye weeks we are scrapping the bottom of the barrel

Maybe look at Steelers players getting 0 points and Bengal's double.

Felt like that went into effect last season since that's basically what I was getting from Juju anyway.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2021, 09:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'll check into some ways to spice up the scoring. Something I wanted to do in the past but got booed was going to an auction draft.

Well, fwiw you got my vote.

I'd love to do an auction league.  I think it's honestly the most exciting way to do it.  Also the most fair.  It be really neat to see how people would choose to construct their teams.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2021, 04:28 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Well, fwiw you got my vote.

I'd love to do an auction league.  I think it's honestly the most exciting way to do it.  Also the most fair.  It be really neat to see how people would choose to construct their teams.

Count me in as well, never done one but it would be interesting to try something new this upcoming season.
Reply/Quote
I'm down. Sorry, big weekend.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Is there a waiting list for joining the Bengals Board league?
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2021, 08:43 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Is there a waiting list for joining the Bengals Board league?

You need to check with bfine32 man.  He's the commish.  Hit him with a PM.  I think we have a list, but I don't know if anyone is on it or not.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote