Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Official GOP Debate Thread
Trump just shit all over Chris Wallace being ignorant with the bankruptcy question.
(08-06-2015, 11:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He is killing it now. He is way too smart for the rest. He actually answers the questions and doesn't spout off something he's practiced

He's brilliant and he's going to stick to his convictions, which I love about him.  He is not going to change what he believes in order to get elected.  He would be great for this country.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-06-2015, 11:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He mentioned it once after he wasn't asked a question for 45 minutes

I heard it in one form or another the two times he has been given a chance to talk in the last half hour. I think the second one was something like "I'll expand on it more if I'm given another chance to speak".

Either way, he's not making the splash he needs to make.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(08-06-2015, 11:13 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Trump just shit all over Chris Wallace being ignorant with the bankruptcy question.

I love it when that happens.  I can't stand Chris Wallace.  
(08-06-2015, 11:13 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Trump just shit all over Chris Wallace being ignorant with the bankruptcy question.

You don't challenge Trump on a finance question
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(08-06-2015, 11:13 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: He's brilliant and he's going to stick to his convictions, which I love about him.  He is not going to change what he believes in order to get elected.  He would be great for this country.

Unfortunately for him, he's incredibly ignorant when it comes to government and public policy. His tea party darling status can't carry him far enough when the other Republicans start looking for someone who can actually win the election. 

(08-06-2015, 11:16 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Unfortunately for him, he's incredibly ignorant when it comes to government and public policy. His tea party darling status can't carry him far enough when the other Republicans start looking for someone who can actually win the election. 

He's not ignorant at all.  He's one of the most brilliant men in the country.  He can do the job of these career politicians right now.  None of them could do his job.  And he was right that the government was not set up to be run by career politicians.  It was set up to be run by citizens from the private sector for a set amount of time.  

Also if anyone had called Obama ignorant, you would all be screaming "racist."  So why can you call Carson ignorant?
(08-06-2015, 11:21 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: He's not ignorant at all.  He's one of the most brilliant men in the country.  He can do the job of these career politicians right now.  None of them could do his job.  And he was right that the government was not set up to be run by career politicians.  It was set up to be run by citizens from the private sector for a set amount of time.  

Also if anyone had called Obama ignorant, you would all be screaming "racist."  So why can you call Carson ignorant?

He also calls believing in evolution "arrogant towards god" and not real because the human eye is way too complex, so I'm not sure I'm going to call him one of "the most brilliant men in the country". 

He should stick to cutting open brains and leave the government to people who understand how it works. He's unelectable in a general election.

And I don't like Obama and never voted for him. So, I'm not sure what you're getting at here other than trying to say I am against Carson because he is black...

(08-06-2015, 11:26 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: He also calls believing in evolution "arrogant towards god" and not real because the human eye is way too complex, so I'm not sure I'm going to call him one of "the most brilliant men in the country". 

He should stick to cutting open brains and leave the government to people who understand how it works. He's unelectable in a general election.

And I don't like Obama and never voted for him. So, I'm not sure what you're getting at here other than trying to say I am against Carson because he is black...

Good thing you didn't let your bias influence your opinion of his performance in this debate.

Watched it for 10 minutes and it's exactly what I expected from a ten man soundbite debate. Everyond had their zingers loaded and ready to fire.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(08-06-2015, 11:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Good thing you didn't let your bias influence your opinion of his performance in this debate.

Good thing you didn't let your bias influence your opinion of his performance in this debate.

Does anyone here think being soft spoken and complaining about being ignored is an effective debating style?

Or am I just letting my bias blind me about Carson?

(08-06-2015, 11:34 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Does anyone here think being soft spoken and complaining about being ignored is an effective debating style?

Carson seems like a good candidate for the cabinet more than the White House...
(08-06-2015, 11:34 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Does anyone here think being soft spoken and complaining about being ignored is an effective debating style?

I think it has more to do about his views on the human eye.

(08-06-2015, 11:26 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: He also calls believing in evolution "arrogant towards god" and not real because the human eye is way too complex, so I'm not sure I'm going to call him one of "the most brilliant men in the country". 

He knows that there are some things, like the human eye, that just don't happen by accident.  There has to be a creator.  He knows a lot more about anatomy, the eye, and the brain than you do.  "Cutting open brains" is a lot more complex than you make it sound.  I don't vote for people because they're electable or not.  I vote for the person who I think has the best character, and he's it.  In the past two elections, my choice didn't make it to the general election, so I voted for the Republican nominees even though they are basically liberals masquerading as Republicans.  Never again.  If Carson or Cruz don't make it, I won't be voting for Bush.  I will be writing Carson in.  I don't care what the ramifications are of that.  I am voting my heart and my conscience.

If you aren't one of the liberals screaming racism at everyone who disagrees with Obama, then that comment wasn't for you.  But I want to know if those liberals are going to scream racism everytime someone disagrees with Carson or calls him names.
(08-06-2015, 11:42 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: He knows that there are some things, like the human eye, that just don't happen by accident.  There has to be a creator.  He knows a lot more about anatomy, the eye, and the brain than you do.  "Cutting open brains" is a lot more complex than you make it sound.  I don't vote for people because they're electable or not.  I vote for the person who I think has the best character, and he's it.  In the past two elections, my choice didn't make it to the general election, so I voted for the Republican nominees even though they are basically liberals masquerading as Republicans.  Never again.  If Carson or Cruz don't make it, I won't be voting for Bush.  I will be writing Carson in.  I don't care what the ramifications are of that.  I am voting my heart and my conscience.

If you aren't one of the liberals screaming racism at everyone who disagrees with Obama, then that comment wasn't for you.  But I want to know if those liberals are going to scream racism everytime someone disagrees with Carson or calls him names.

Lol, I didn't realize I was trivializing brain surgery. Can you trivialize brain surgery?

And I'm educated enough to know that the complexity of organs isn't evidence of a creator now a counter claim to evolution.

I will say Megan Kelly has been made to look the buffoon. Hopefully next debate they eliminate the eye candy and go with a moderator that can hold their own.

(08-06-2015, 11:37 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Carson seems like a good candidate for the cabinet more than the White House...

Secretary of HHS. He can then claim to have as much experience as one of our least experienced Presidents, Herbert Hoover, whose only government experience was being secretary of commerce.

(08-06-2015, 11:51 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Secretary of HHS. He can then claim to have as much experience as one of our least experienced Presidents, Herbert Hoover, whose only government experience was being secretary of commerce.

He'd probably be pretty good at that. 
Carson, not Hoover. 
God questions? Really?