Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Ohio State Center
I'm starting to go along with Bengals Fans wanting him. You don't go wrong very often getting the guy that wins awards as best lineman in college. ...I'm also thinking that if we put this guy at center for the next 10 years, maybe Bodine can play guard. Think about it At guard he doesn't have to snap the ball before he blocks. Bodine could make a good guard and back-up center. The Ohio State Center has Pro Bowl all over him and a Pro Bowl Center would be huge if we are wanting play-offs and Super Bowls....The Bengals have the worst blocking in the NFL, so a good start would be the guy that won best lineman award, and that is the Ohio State Center. Well coached under Urban Meyer and his staff of good coaches also. Use to playing in Ohio weather.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Been saying this for the past 3 months. Billy price. He's also the 2nd best guard in this class if he plays guard.
Reply/Quote
Billy is rock solid and a hell of a stand up kid. Would go a long way to shore up our O Line problems.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 11:08 PM)kevin Wrote:   ...I'm also thinking that if we put this guy at center for the next 10 years

...then picking him at 12 would be worth it
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I desperately, emphatically need this team to draft a Center. It would make all the difference in the world.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Does anybody honestly think we will draft a C before the 4th or 5th round? Dreams are nice, I suppose.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
How does he compare to Alex Mack?  The year Mack came out, I believe we were drafting high, like around the 6th position I believe and I totally wanted Mack with that pick. I didn't care about the 'unwritten rule' of Draftology 101, that you do NOT pick a C with a top ten pick.  I was almost laughed out of the old boards Draft forum.  But I stood my ground against the haters.  We needed a C....and guess what? WE STILL NEED A CENTER! Is this Billy Price kid that good?  If all of our picks, Nelson, Derwin, the OTs, etc were already taken, would you pick Price as our 1st rounder? I honestly only seen one tOSU game all year....the Hawkeye woodshed depantsing game.  :)  (I'm still gloating over that one) And grantedly, that's not a good tape for any bucknut.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 04:39 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: How does he compare to Alex Mack?  The year Mack came out, I believe we were drafting high, like around the 6th position I believe and I totally wanted Mack with that pick. I didn't care about the 'unwritten rule' of Draftology 101, that you do NOT pick a C with a top ten pick.  I was almost laughed out of the old boards Draft forum.  But I stood my ground against the haters.  We needed a C....and guess what? WE STILL NEED A CENTER! Is this Billy Price kid that good?  If all of our picks, Nelson, Derwin, the OTs, etc were already taken, would you pick Price as our 1st rounder? I honestly only seen one tOSU game all year....the Hawkeye woodshed depantsing game.  :)  (I'm still gloating over that one) And grantedly, that's not a good tape for any bucknut.
Well he shut down mo Hurst. But yes he's that good. He is a center, but multiple scouts have said he would be the number 2 or 3 guard if he can out as guard. Players with that high level of play across multiple positions.
Reply/Quote
Price is ranked in the 20's.....
so if we trade down i'm ok w/ it...
but no way in hell is he a good value at 12....

maybe we should only pick players from Ohio st to make you guys happy...
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 09:53 PM)Steve Wrote: Price is ranked in the 20's.....

What's the point of saying that?  The Bengals don't often draft from Ohio St., though they might benefit better if they did.  I happen to agree with you, about Price not being worth the 12 pick, but not for what school he's coming from.  It's because I watched all but maybe a game or two this season.  Personally, I think he's going to take more time to develop at Center in the NFL, than it would him at Guard.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 09:53 PM)Steve Wrote: Price is ranked in the 20's.....

Well to be fair OSU has put out some really good pros the last couple years in the first couple rounds.
Reply/Quote
A little off topic, and I have not really looked at Price.

But I looked at some 2016 film of Arkansas center Frank Ragnow against Ole Miss.   I love him.   Seals off beautifully, knows his stunt pickups, gets good push, doesn't get bull rushed, gets out on the 2nd level well and sustains his blocks on screens.

One game, but I liked what I saw a lot.

I saw some film against Alabama when he was playing guard.  He didn't look as good, but that could have been that he is just more comfortable at center.

Anyone else watched him?
Reply/Quote
Price would be the ultimate "not sexy, but makes everything better on the offensive side of the ball".

I think the Bengals really missed the boat when Atlanta got Alex Mack. Now could be their chance to get a guy for the middle of the offensive line for the next 10 years.
Reply/Quote
For the love of God pick an OSU player you idiot Bengals and make it Price.

The guy is smart and could pick up quickly as well as transition physically.

When are the Bengal & the Browns gonna realize that Ohio State produces decent NFL picks.

Sure. They're not all great but for the most part solid players.

Not all Big 10 players are busts like Devon Still either.

I remember when I wanted them to pick Travis Fredrick and they acted like complete morons about that too.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2018, 04:11 PM)3wt Wrote: A little off topic, and I have not really looked at Price.

But I looked at some 2016 film of Arkansas center Frank Ragnow against Ole Miss.   I love him.   Seals off beautifully, knows his stunt pickups, gets good push, doesn't get bull rushed, gets out on the 2nd level well and sustains his blocks on screens.

One game, but I liked what I saw a lot.

I saw some film against Alabama when he was playing guard.  He didn't look as good, but that could have been that he is just more comfortable at center.

Anyone else watched him?
Have solidly center number 2 but a SUBSTANTIAL gap between price and rangow. Price had a 99.0 pass block effeciency this year. And the reason why price is so highly touted is bc he can be an all pro guard in the NFL as well. He'd be right behind Nelson if he came out as a guard. Not many ppl can play 2 positions at the same level in nfl. Rangow is a really good center, but needs tiny bit of work in pass pro. 
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 11:04 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: For the love of God pick an OSU player you idiot Bengals and make it Price.

The guy is smart and could pick up quickly as well as transition physically.

When are the Bengal & the Browns gonna realize that Ohio State produces decent NFL picks.

Sure.  They're not all great but for the most part solid players.

Not all Big 10 players are busts like Devon Still either.

I remember when I wanted them to pick Travis Fredrick and they acted like complete morons about that too.
Worst part is last couple years they've produced all pro/pro bowl players. Think about it. Making hooker, marshan lattimore, Micheal Thomas, Vonn bell, etc etc.
Reply/Quote
Here watch some of this...

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2018, 11:09 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Have solidly center number 2 but a SUBSTANTIAL gap between price and rangow. Price had a 99.0 pass block effeciency this year. And the reason why price is so highly touted is bc he can be an all pro guard in the NFL as well. He'd be right behind Nelson if he came out as a guard. Not many ppl can play 2 positions at the same level in nfl. Rangow is a really good center, but needs tiny bit of work in pass pro. 

Oh you.

Just being an OSU homer. Hilarious Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 10:04 AM)Goalpost Wrote: ...then picking him at 12 would be worth it

Even for Mike Brown.  He'd be a value at both C or G.

It might make up for letting Whit or Z walk to appease Marvin.

Not to mention if Pollack gets any say he might be more inclined to pick a great multi-positional player.

Just think about it.

Having to leave a team that has the best Center(O-Line QB)to Bodine.

I'd believe that he would rather pick another Big 10 force than work with ol' "Jethro".
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2018, 09:53 PM)Steve Wrote: maybe we should only pick players from Ohio st to make you guys happy...

If Price played for Michigan, I'd consider him.  In this draft forum, I'm a homer to how it affects the Bengals.
Reply/Quote