Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New CBA thought I've been having.
I know that the NFL and players have been working on a new CBA.

I've been having a thought about something that I would like to see happen in this new CBA.

I know that it's probably crazy and not likely to happen, but I'd like to hear about everybody's thoughts and comments about it.

Well, I know that there is the new football league the XFL.

Well, they have 8 teams. So I thought that it would be cool to have a MLB type of "farm system".

For instance one of the teams would represent the AFC North, East, West and South. It would the same for the NFC of course.

Each team is allowed to have 10 practice squad players.

So the team that represents the AFC North would get the 10 practice squad players from the Bengals, Steelers, Browns and Ravens and they could fill the rest of the team with undrafted free agents and players trying to showcase for the NFL teams.

This would allow NFL practice squad players to get significant reps that they otherwise never would.

All revenue would be split equally among all the teams.

I know this would probably cause the NFL and XFL or a similar league to have similar rules, but it would also allow the NFL to implement new rules to see how it does and improve them before using them in the NFL.

It could also allow young minorities coaches to get their foot in the NFL, by allowing them to coach in the farm league before being hired to coach in the NFL.

It could also allow retired NFL players who wanted to coach the chance to test the waters and see if they like it.

Also it would give fans some more football during the dead months and the players could still be ready for the NFL season and possibly even more better prepared for the season if called upon.

I know it's crazy and would never happen, but I wanted to know if you all would like to see something like this or if again I'm just crazy.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I think that they already tried something like that. It was called NFL Europe.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Not going to happen.

Many speculate that was the point behind doing the XFL in the first place (despite them vehemently denying it).

But the NFL, despite, "apparent," downticks in revenue etc., is still a money-making juggernaut and they don't need a farm system, thus, not going to happen. NFL Europe was the precursor.

Trust me, you're bang on; it makes sense to have it as a farm/feeder system and your thoughts aren't crazy at all.

EDIT* lol, Sunset beat me to it!
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Never against more football, not happening as everyone here is stating but you aren't crazy TBM.

I actually love your thoughts here.

Speaking of the XFL I think they thought out that league very well, namely the Kickoff. At least they did it the right way
and didn't just try to eliminate the Kickoff like the NFL has been trying to do. Also like that the refs let them play more,
lots of hard hits without flags. I like this league myself. I am officially a Battlehawk fan after watching their last game.

Lots of former Bengals on their team, the Hayes brothers, Will Clarke, Alonzo Russell etc.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2020, 10:16 AM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: I know that the NFL and players have been working on a new CBA.

I've been having a thought about something that I would like to see happen in this new CBA.

I know that it's probably crazy and not likely to happen, but I'd like to hear about everybody's thoughts and comments about it.

Well, I know that there is the new football league the XFL.

Well, they have 8 teams. So I thought that it would be cool to have a MLB type of "farm system".

For instance one of the teams would represent the AFC North, East, West and South. It would the same for the NFC of course.

Each team is allowed to have 10 practice squad players.

So the team that represents the AFC North would get the 10 practice squad players from the Bengals, Steelers, Browns and Ravens and they could fill the rest of the team with undrafted free agents and players trying to showcase for the NFL teams.

This would allow NFL practice squad players to get significant reps that they otherwise never would.

All revenue would be split equally among all the teams.

I know this would probably cause the NFL and XFL or a similar league to have similar rules, but it would also allow the NFL to implement new rules to see how it does and improve them before using them in the NFL.

It could also allow young minorities coaches to get their foot in the NFL, by allowing them to coach in the farm league before being hired to coach in the NFL.

It could also allow retired NFL players who wanted to coach the chance to test the waters and see if they like it.

Also it would give fans some more football during the dead months and the players could still be ready for the NFL season and possibly even more better prepared for the season if called upon.

I know it's crazy and would never happen, but I wanted to know if you all would like to see something like this or if again I'm just crazy.

this would require the NFL to purchase the XFL.....  which would cost a lot to convince the owner of WWE to part with it.
Reply/Quote
i don't like MLB anything coming into NFL, that sport is full of known/allowed cheaters. bauer just said 70% of pitchers apply a substance to control the ball. just make it legal, damn. yes i know this is unrelated to your farm sytsem but what are they farming in that sport, how to cheat and get away with it? have to wonder how much cheating goes on in NFL.
Reply/Quote
Just imagine the uproar from the NCAA is the NFL had a farm system. The NCAA IS the NFL's farm system and it cost the NFL almost nothing. I doubt there's enough interest since there are so many college football fans already. Football has already reached max saturation which is why I think XFL is destined to fail eventually. Folks also seem to forget that this year we're going to see a huge drop off in attendance because of "the virus" related issues especially if it continues to spread. The public will panic as we almost always do, but it's going to cost the league plenty and likely kill the XFL..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote