Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Only Thing Worse Than Today's Loss Is The Excuses
Yeah all week you were feeling this is different, this is a NEW year, this is a NEW team, This is the year the Bengals are going to win a playoff game and start by finally beating the Steelers...

...but wait...oh ....this isn't part of the plan...

..this wasn't supposed to happen...

AGAIN!!

Why it can't be...it shouldn't be...the teams fault!

I mean AJ had a box of buttered popcorn before the game, so you cant blame those dropped passes. You cant blame the coaches for not playing Mixon more...I mean he still has a boo boo on his leg. The defense was awesome and it was the REFS!

YES!

THE REFS!

They did it! Its a conspiracy...it is! If you don't see it then you are stupid and not a Bengals fan.

IN FACT why don't you just go find a new favorite team if your gonna blame the Bengals for todays loss cause it wasn't.

WHO DEY gonna beat dem Bengals???

NOBODY!!!

after today..
Reply/Quote
Yup. Sounds about right.
Reply/Quote
Perfectly said.
Reply/Quote
We were outplayed and outcoached today, plain and simple. I must say, I still believe this team is different. Down 6 and getting the ball back with 3 and a half minutes to play, I actually wasn't worried. I had no doubt Dalton would lead us on a TD scoring drive. I wasn't worried about throwaways, bad decisions, turnovers, or anything like that. I honestly believed we were going to score the go ahead TD. The only other time I have felt that confident was in 2015.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The NFL is rigged to make the Bengals never win...how else can you explain Mike Brown still being the GM and so many players wanting out of here and/or to never play here?
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 07:10 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: We were outplayed and outcoached today, plain and simple. I must say, I still believe this team is different. Down 6 and getting the ball back with 3 and a half minutes to play, I actually wasn't worried. I had no doubt Dalton would lead us on a TD scoring drive. I wasn't worried about throwaways, bad decisions, turnovers, or anything like that. I honestly believed we were going to score the go ahead TD. The only other time I have felt that confident was in 2015.

Great post, and I agree about Dalton. I 100% thought we'd score. He's playing great this year.

Too many injuries this year though. Man this game might've been different with all of our offensive weapons. Not a good sign to be beat up this bad so early.
Reply/Quote
And if we would have won the people that are bitching about people bitching about the refs would be constantly Bringing up the non Conor TD.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 07:14 PM)thillan Wrote: Great post, and I agree about Dalton. I 100% thought we'd score. He's playing great this year.

Too many injuries this year though. Man this game might've been different with all of our offensive weapons. Not a good sign to be beat up this bad so early.

I disagree. The team is overcoming a lot of injuries early in the season. When it gets crunch time, our guys should be healthy and healed up for the playoff push. I'd rather have guys banged up early in the year than down the stretch.
Reply/Quote
Mods please ban the op for make too much damn sense and being a realist. It never ceases to amaze me how we invent new ways to lose to the Steelers. We score a td with 118 left and once again choke. No excuses none.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 07:16 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I disagree. The team is overcoming a lot of injuries early in the season. When it gets crunch time, our guys should be healthy and healed up for the playoff push. I'd rather have guys banged up early in the year than down the stretch.

I don't understand, I know that overcoming injuries is nice, but it can't be argued that missing Eifert for the rest of the season really affects how teams play us.

Also, just because guys get hurt early in the year, doesn't mean they won't get hurt later. It's not a video game where you can turn injuries off midseason lol. Health is a factor every week.
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 07:25 PM)thillan Wrote: I don't understand, I know that overcoming injuries is nice, but it can't be argued that missing Eifert for the rest of the season really affects how teams play us.

Also, just because guys get hurt early in the year, doesn't mean they won't get hurt later. It's not a video game where you can turn injuries off midseason lol. Health is a factor every week.

I completely understand what you're saying. I was more talking about Price coming back and things like that. It's a physical sport and injuries will happen. My hope is that we get the injury bug out of the way now. IF we can get healthy and stay healthy, that would be a huge plus. I'm impressed with how well the team is playing despite the seemingly neverending string of injuries.

As for Eifert, he had played in less than half of the games he could have since we drafted him. Teams didn't have to gameplan for Eifert most of the time anyway.
Reply/Quote
Yeah! Thanks for bringing that up to guys....

I-N-J-U-R-I-E-S

I mean come on....we have guys that are hurt! I mean very very hurt..

And especially after this game! Before the game we had guys who were very hurt physically..

But after today's loss?????  We have a lot more guys hurt...theres alot of players who are very very very very hurt emotionally!

How can you expect us to win with the refs against us and all the injuries piling up like a plate of french fries at Five Guys!

We are cursed! CURSED I tell you!
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 07:10 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: We were outplayed and outcoached today, plain and simple. I must say, I still believe this team is different. Down 6 and getting the ball back with 3 and a half minutes to play, I actually wasn't worried. I had no doubt Dalton would lead us on a TD scoring drive. I wasn't worried about throwaways, bad decisions, turnovers, or anything like that. I honestly believed we were going to score the go ahead TD. The only other time I have felt that confident was in 2015.

Pretty much. In year's past, they would have wilted LONG before that. Zero pressures and getting gashed was the biggest problem....drops running a close second.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-14-2018, 07:05 PM)GodFather Wrote: Yeah all week you were feeling this is different, this is a NEW year, this is a NEW team, This is the year the Bengals are going to win a playoff game and start by finally beating the Steelers...

...but wait...oh ....this isn't part of the plan...

..this wasn't supposed to happen...

AGAIN!!

Why it can't be...it shouldn't be...the teams fault!

I mean AJ had a box of buttered popcorn before the game, so you cant blame those dropped passes. You cant blame the coaches for not playing Mixon more...I mean he still has a boo boo on his leg. The defense was awesome and it was the REFS!

YES!

THE REFS!

They did it! Its a conspiracy...it is! If you don't see it then you are stupid and not a Bengals fan.

IN FACT why don't you just go find a new favorite team if your gonna blame the Bengals for todays loss cause it wasn't.

WHO DEY gonna beat dem Bengals???

NOBODY!!!

after today..

Well the Bengals took the lead with 1 minute left.  That is a close game that is up for grabs. One significant call or missed call can sway the game as much as bad play can. We had both.  People can say what they want. It isnt up to someone to tell someone how to think or what they see.  I have been watching this team for about 40 years that I can remember so I think I have learned a thing or two. It doesnt make you look grown up or you dont get special fan points for being the " I dont blame the refs, we need to blowout the other team every time " guy. 

How come we never get to have the convenient flag that saves us game?  Why is it that almost every game we play against the Steelers has a horrible call right when they need it. If what you say is true then we should have had some go our way over the years. I cant remember that ever happening. How can you throw the ball 50 times without a pressure or being hurried and not be called for a whistle? Hell we had two holdings on punt fair catches!!  I am not saying the loss is on the refs but they sure as hell dont help and I never see as many things go "right" for a team as I do when this team plays us. If our line was allowed to hold on every play, dont you think Andy could throw for 400 yards a game? Pittsburgh was the most penalized team in the NFL coming in and second in holding calls and all the sudden they play the perfect game? Bullshit.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 02:14 AM)bengalhoel Wrote: ...Pittsburgh was the most penalized team in the NFL coming in and second in holding calls and all the sudden they play the perfect game? Bullshit.

THIS!  SO... MUCH... THIS.
I honestly don't know how much more I can take.  It's getting to the point where I'm finding it difficult to take the NFL seriously, anymore... kinda like the WWE.
Reply/Quote
I'd say the injuries. We lost a significant number of players to serious injury once again to the Steelers. Left battered. abused, and defeated once again.

This lost let us know we won't be going anywhere once again this season. This is the same o'le Bengals until we can beat the Steelers.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2018, 11:57 AM)jj22 Wrote: I'd say the injuries. We lost a significant number of players to serious injury once again to the Steelers. Left battered. abused, and defeated once again.

This lost let us know we won't be going anywhere once again this season. This is the same o'le Bengals until we can beat the Steelers.

The offense did what they had to do to win and the defense had Pittsburgh in a 4th and 10 with game on the line when official threw flag. 

Bengals are on the cusp even as wounded as they are.  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Man, people just lose their ***** minds. It just so happens that the Steelers are a damn good team. The Bengals lost to a good team, came up just a little short. Get a ***** grip. And stop attacking other fans. That is about as stupid as it gets.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote