Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Jeremy Hill Says Bye To Bengals
with a decent offensive line Hill will be fine..not great but good
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2018, 07:44 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: You really think he could be a top 5, or are you trying to be nice?

If you put him in the right system  yes.  He already did it once I don't see why he can't do it again. The problem I see him having is can he find the right system.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Hill will play with the Patriots next year and be a top running back and Bengal fans will say, "Why didn't he do this in Cincy?" And the answer will be, "The same reason why all the other ex-Bengal players excelled in a Patriot uniform"*

*Except Ocho.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 11:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: 200.gif]

Beat me to it!
Reply/Quote
Uhhhhhh...bye, I guess.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2018, 10:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Gio, Mixon and Hill all proved to be mostly mediocre or worse with Paul Alexander's blocking schemes. Gio and Mixon got to show their true colors once that scheme was changed (something that has been confirmed by Hobspin), but Hill was injured by that point, so unfortunately we didn't get to see for sure that scheme was the issue with Hill.

I think Hill will ball out this year. Most of the people who bash him only do so because of the fumble or the dancing.

Performance-wise, I think it's pretty obvious PA and his schemes hurt all of our RB's.

Fair and accurate.  I know a lot of folks still blame him for the fumble (he was down, and the team should have been taking a knee) but I agree with your sentiments.  I didn't think it was his fault that we never used him as a receiver.  He caught the ball every time I saw it thrown to him (which was very infrequent) and he seemed to take seriously improving his blitz pick-up after his rookie season, but he never really got many third down snaps after that.  

Do I think he is a great back?  Hell, no.  Do I think he could be a really solid guy in a rotation?  Hell, yes.  

Good luck, Jeremy, and at least you didn't end up cold-clocking any people while you were a Bengal.  Even if Joey Porter really deserved it.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2018, 12:17 PM)BMK Wrote: 1. He was expendable and coincidentally his contract was up.  A perfect scenario to move on to another opportunity and recharge. RB's in this league have a short average lifespan. He played it right.

2. He will help a team...probably not the featured back, but he can be a very productive contributor in a good system.

He will do the same thing as Blount.  Short yardage back and 4th quarter run out the clock guy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote