Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Other One's Mock
Like these guys motors and skills.

traded back with NYG
31 for their 36 and 81 (Marcus Jones is why i made this trade, he never makes it to 95)

So
R2P36 DL Travis Jones UCONN Relentless motor and i think he's very underrated.
R2P63  S Kirby Joseph Illinois One of the best if you ask me, very good tackler as well.
R3P81 DB Marcus Jones Houston Top Kick/Punt returner in college, and decent DB.
R3P95 OT Kellen Diesch Arizona St. Again underrated and very good pass pro.
R4P136 OL Zach Tom Wake Forest. Very athletic and has played all 3 IOL spots well. Would be great competition for LG and backups on IOL
R5P174 TE Grant Calcaterra SMU Sneaky late rounder
R6P209 S Sterling Weatherford Miami (OH) Big boy for in box tackling.
R7P226 P Matt Araiza why not??
R7P252 G Ben Brown Mississippi PS material
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I like it. Personally I'm a big fan of looking at other peoples' mock drafts, I find them fun. Different players from my "usuals" but I would not be mad. Not to nitpick, as much as I love Araiza I think he goes in the 4th. Day 2 is a bit early, but Jake Bailey was taken in the 5th and he's clearly much better.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2022, 01:23 AM)BuildTheWall Wrote: I like it. Personally I'm a big fan of looking at other peoples' mock drafts, I find them fun. Different players from my "usuals" but I would not be mad. Not to nitpick, as much as I love Araiza I think he goes in the 4th. Day 2 is a bit early, but Jake Bailey was taken in the 5th and he's clearly much better.

In this mock. Bailey was drafted first.

Travis Jones SR Bowl practicing... I think he made a few OL become UDFA's... lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWqjMqcoINQ

Kirby Joseph <-- I think he might slightly be better or just as good as Bates.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFiz_4GMJT0

Marcus Jones
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5Uym5Vw57k

“Here’s a little advice to anybody that has the Houston Cougars on your schedule the rest of the year,” ESPN analyst, Todd Blackledge said. “Do not kick the football to Marcus Jones. DO NOT kick the football to him.”

Kellen Diesch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIlBr7Dq-cU

Zach Tom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW8HxAroBVA

Grant Calcaterra
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtuhZYMwInc

Sterling Weatherford
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rn1kpxScNM
Reply/Quote
Looks good. I just read this weekend Calcaterra retired from football for a year due to concussions. He did get medical clearance to play for SMU. Good luck to him. I wouldn’t mind at all about drafting him in the 5th round. But, I would worry about when or if he might get his next concussion and how it would affect him.
Reply/Quote
Good draft but curious what you plan on doing with boundary CB2, leave it to Apple without competition or bring in a FA since Jones is assumed to be pigeonholed to slot.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2022, 11:45 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Looks good. I just read this weekend Calcaterra retired from football for a year due to concussions. He did get medical clearance to play for SMU. Good luck to him. I wouldn’t mind at all about drafting him in the 5th round. But, I would worry about when or if he might get his next concussion and how it would affect him.

My only red flag with him, but it's unpredictable. He could be out of football in a year or go on to have a fine career. Never know. Everyone passed on Trey Smith last year til the 5th round. I know we took Evan in the 5th, but no excuse for not taking him with our 3rd 4th round pick when we needed serious OL help. I was thumping for Creed in the 2nd and Trey in the 4th. And KC took them both *&^T^*$

(04-04-2022, 12:25 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Good draft but curious what you plan on doing with boundary CB2, leave it to Apple without competition or bring in a FA since Jones is assumed to be pigeonholed to slot.

With the way it worked out, We can add a vet after the draft and if Bates keeps his head in the game (you know contract thingie from last year response) then Joseph can also work the outside.

Lou wants to run a 3 safety Defense, so let's see what he can do with 2 deep safeties.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2022, 11:45 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Looks good. I just read this weekend Calcaterra retired from football for a year due to concussions. He did get medical clearance to play for SMU. Good luck to him. I wouldn’t mind at all about drafting him in the 5th round. But, I would worry about when or if he might get his next concussion and how it would affect him.

If a player has already retired for a year due to concussions, I'm not spending a draft pick on that player, or at least nothing earlier than a 7th.

I'd be too worried he's going to either A) get even worse if he's already had so many concussions or severe enough to consider retirement, or B) worried so much about concussions that it could affect his play or choose to retire after just a year or two.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2022, 02:27 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If a player has already retired for a year due to concussions, I'm not spending a draft pick on that player, or at least nothing earlier than a 7th.

I'd be too worried he's going to either A) get even worse if he's already had so many concussions or severe enough to consider retirement, or B) worried so much about concussions that it could affect his play or choose to retire after just a year or two.

This. I’d pretty much take him off my board entirely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2022, 02:27 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If a player has already retired for a year due to concussions, I'm not spending a draft pick on that player, or at least nothing earlier than a 7th.

(04-04-2022, 03:43 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: This. I’d pretty much take him off my board entirely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Understood and fair enough, but the Bengals ARE talking with him.
Whether they draft him or not remains to be seen
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2022, 04:16 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Understood and fair enough, but the Bengals ARE talking with him.
Whether they draft him or not remains to be seen

As they should, just doing their due diligence.  This is actually the first I'm hearing about his possible retirement or concussion issues 
Reply/Quote

I would worry about a potential Ben Utecht scenario. I don’t think it is a question of if, but when. But, I worried about Gronkowski’s back before the draft.

And then there is the case of Chris Perry who didn’t have problems with injuries and fumbles at Michigan.

Like every other round, the Bengals have had some good picks in the 5th round and some that didn’t do much.

McPherson was a home run in the 5th round. Maybe a punter this year instead of a player with concussion concerns?

If the Bengals think he is worth the risk in the 5th round, I’m comfortable with that choice.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 12:27 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I would worry about a potential Ben Utecht scenario. I don’t think it is a question of if, but when. But, I worried about Gronkowski’s back before the draft.

And then there is the case of Chris Perry who didn’t have problems with injuries and fumbles at Michigan.

Like every other round, the Bengals have had some good picks in the 5th round and some that didn’t do much.

McPherson was a home run in the 5th round. Maybe a punter this year instead of a player with concussion concerns?

If the Bengals think he is worth the risk in the 5th round, I’m comfortable with that choice.

Utecht is exactly who I was thinking of when I was reading about Calcaterra.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2022, 11:44 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Like these guys motors and skills.

traded back with NYG
31 for their 36 and 81 (Marcus Jones is why i made this trade, he never makes it to 95)

So
R2P36 DL Travis Jones UCONN Relentless motor and i think he's very underrated.
R2P63  S Kirby Joseph Illinois One of the best if you ask me, very good tackler as well.
R3P81 DB Marcus Jones Houston Top Kick/Punt returner in college, and decent DB.
R3P95 OT Kellen Diesch Arizona St. Again underrated and very good pass pro.
R4P136 OL Zach Tom Wake Forest. Very athletic and has played all 3 IOL spots well. Would be great competition for LG and backups on IOL
R5P174 TE Grant Calcaterra SMU Sneaky late rounder
R6P209 S Sterling Weatherford Miami (OH) Big boy for in box tackling.
R7P226 P Matt Araiza why not??
R7P252 G Ben Brown Mississippi PS material

Not bad.  I like Travis Jones in round 2 to be an immediate rotation guy.  I'm glad you prioritized FS first over SS in draft order.  I really liked your DB pick.  I was hoping for either a WR/PR/KR or a DB/PR/KR to appease Darrin Simmons wish list.  You pretty much hit on all the need areas very well with all picks and squished a P in.  Great draft!
Reply/Quote