Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Oval Office will cost 2.5 billion
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/james-heffernan/why-does-hillary-need-25-_b_7056586.html

Thus she throws a populist bone to the Warrenite Dems on the left. But since her campaign is already seeking contributions from everyday Americans like me, I can't understand why our champion will need $2.5 billion of our money to gain the White House. This figure, which is what each major party reportedly plans to spend in quest of the presidency, is more than twice the record amount spent to re-elect President Obama in 2012, and about $700 million more than the total spent for both Romney and Obama in that election. Why does Hillary need $2.5 billion to run for president?

That is not an obscene amount at all.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(03-06-2016, 11:43 AM)McC Wrote: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/james-heffernan/why-does-hillary-need-25-_b_7056586.html

Thus she throws a populist bone to the Warrenite Dems on the left. But since her campaign is already seeking contributions from everyday Americans like me, I can't understand why our champion will need $2.5 billion of our money to gain the White House. This figure, which is what each major party reportedly plans to spend in quest of the presidency, is more than twice the record amount spent to re-elect President Obama in 2012, and about $700 million more than the total spent for both Romney and Obama in that election. Why does Hillary need $2.5 billion to run for president?

That is not an obscene amount at all.

She needs $2.5 billion because it is the amount needed to make an unelectable skank who is only in it for herself electable.
(03-06-2016, 12:58 PM)Vlad Wrote: She needs $2.5 billion because it is the amount needed to make an unelectable skank who is only in it for herself electable.

The other side will spend that much too.  None of these creeps and crazies is very electable.  Guess they know that and thus, why it will take that amount.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

(03-06-2016, 01:13 PM)McC Wrote: The other side will spend that much too.  None of these creeps and crazies is very electable.  Guess they know that and thus, why it will take that amount.

It's hard for me to see the Repubs raising that much money.

I also don't think The Donald would spend anywhere near $1B of his own money.  Maybe he'll pull a Bernie Sanders and allow people to make small contributions to his campaign.
--------------------------------------------------------

(03-06-2016, 05:37 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: It's hard for me to see the Repubs raising that much money.

I also don't think The Donald would spend anywhere near $1B of his own money.  Maybe he'll pull a Bernie Sanders and allow people to make small contributions to his campaign.

No, Donald Trump will use his own money but in the form of loans. He's already loan himself and his campaign something like $17 million just for the Primaries and he expects for himself to pay himself back most likely with interest.

This is another reason why Donald Trump shouldn't even be considered for president. It's another way for him to make money. He is constantly saying how he's using his own money to run but he is loaning himself that money and when all is said and done, whatever money is in the GOP Coffers and whatever money is donated for his election, it will be used to pay himself back most likely with interest.
(03-06-2016, 05:53 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: No, Donald Trump will use his own money but in the form of loans. He's already loan himself and his campaign something like $17 million just for the Primaries and he expects for himself to pay himself back most likely with interest.

This is another reason why Donald Trump shouldn't even be considered for president. It's another way for him to make money. He is constantly saying how he's using his own money to run but he is loaning himself that money and when all is said and done, whatever money is in the GOP Coffers and whatever money is donated for his election, it will be used to pay himself back most likely with interest.

The campaign is already a huge money maker for him.  Everywhere that his travels take him, he stays in, and patronizes business owned by him.  Let that sink in..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(03-06-2016, 06:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Everywhere that his travels take him, he stays in, and patronizes business owned by him.  Let that sink in..

That's an absurd statement and you should re-think it.

I bash Trump as much as anyone on here, but I'm seeing more than a few ignorant statements made that no doubt have a left or right-wing source more interested in knocking Trump down than being accurate.

At least this time around, nobody will be using Air Force 1 as a campaign shuttle.

(03-06-2016, 05:53 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: No, Donald Trump will use his own money but in the form of loans. He's already loan himself and his campaign something like $17 million just for the Primaries and he expects for himself to pay himself back most likely with interest.

Yes. Plus he has an active donate now button on his website.
It will cost the Republicans more than that because Trump will demand $1 Billion dollars to drop out when they go to a brokered convention.

that is his master plan. He knows he can't win the general election, but he will force the GOP to pay him off to keep from splitting the party.
(03-07-2016, 11:03 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It will cost the Republicans more than that because Trump will demand $1 Billion dollars to drop out when they go to a brokered convention.

that is his master plan.  He knows he can't win the general election, but he will force the GOP to pay him off to keep from splitting the party.

Aside from the fact the RNC doesn't have anywhere near that kind of money, and it's probably illegal to "buy-off" Trump even if they did...otherwise good plan.