Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pledgi Mock 1.0
Good to be back on this page after an extended absence.  

Here's my ideal draft:

Trade: AJ McCarron and 5th round pick for Cleveland's 2nd round pick.

1.  Jonathan Allen DE/DT Alabama- this pick would be too good to pass up for the Bengals.  He is ideal size for an early down DE with the possibility of shifting inside next to Geno on third down, bringing in a quicker edge rusher in those situations.  
2a. Obi Melofonwu S UConn- I see this guy as a slightly faster version of Iloka and another player who can help us battle the tight ends that we notoriously have problems covering.  Jabril Peppers would be a possible option if Obi is gone at this point.  
2b  Jarrad Davis LB Florida- This would be a great player to plug into SLB (sorry Nick Vigil).  This guy is a three down LB with potential to be a 10 year starter.  
3  Joe Mixon RB Oklahoma-I know this is the risk/reward pick, but getting possibly the best RB in the draft in the 3rd round is a risk I'm willing to take, especially with Gio coming back from injury and  
4a.  Taylor Moton OT Western Michigan- This would be a great insurance policy should Fisher tank at RT as well as a potential replacement for Andre Smith at RG in a year or two otherwise.  
4b.  Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech-  Any other year this guy would be a second round talent.   Best to get a little insurance for Eifert's injury history and the fact that his contract is up next year.  
5a. Traded
5b.  Zane Gonzalez K Arizona State- This pick has been popular for obvious reasons.  Competition for Bullock.  
6a.  Josh Malone WR Tennessee-This guy has great physical tools, but didn't have much production due to lack of adequate targets.
6b  Jerod Evans QB Virginia Tech-Very raw after only one year as a starter, but excellent physical tools and a good project to challenge for backup duties.  Chad Kelly is another option here as a more polished pocket passer, though with poor judgement and some character concerns.  
7a.  Jaylen Reeves Maybin LB Tennessee-dropping drastically due to injury.   A potential special teams guy or practice squad stash due to talent.  
7b.  Kai Nacua S BYU- Excellent ballhawk (12 ints in past two years), but will fall over concerns about speed.  Could be a special teamer or more practice squad fodder.  

Reply/Quote
I like the middle with the TE, PT, and K, but not as big a fan of the Allen pick for our defense or the LB from Florida. Obi is interesting, but this team really has a more pressing need of a polished vertical threat. Nice work, overall.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2017, 03:42 AM)pledgi Wrote: Good to be back on this page after an extended absence.  

Here's my ideal draft:

Trade: AJ McCarron and 5th round pick for Cleveland's 2nd round pick.

1.  Jonathan Allen DE/DT Alabama- this pick would be too good to pass up for the Bengals.  He is ideal size for an early down DE with the possibility of shifting inside next to Geno on third down, bringing in a quicker edge rusher in those situations.  
2a. Obi Melofonwu S UConn- I see this guy as a slightly faster version of Iloka and another player who can help us battle the tight ends that we notoriously have problems covering.  Jabril Peppers would be a possible option if Obi is gone at this point.  
2b  Jarrad Davis LB Florida- This would be a great player to plug into SLB (sorry Nick Vigil).  This guy is a three down LB with potential to be a 10 year starter.  
3  Joe Mixon RB Oklahoma-I know this is the risk/reward pick, but getting possibly the best RB in the draft in the 3rd round is a risk I'm willing to take, especially with Gio coming back from injury and  
4a.  Taylor Moton OT Western Michigan- This would be a great insurance policy should Fisher tank at RT as well as a potential replacement for Andre Smith at RG in a year or two otherwise.  
4b.  Bucky Hodges TE Virginia Tech-  Any other year this guy would be a second round talent.   Best to get a little insurance for Eifert's injury history and the fact that his contract is up next year.  
5a. Traded
5b.  Zane Gonzalez K Arizona State- This pick has been popular for obvious reasons.  Competition for Bullock.  
6a.  Josh Malone WR Tennessee-This guy has great physical tools, but didn't have much production due to lack of adequate targets.
6b  Jerod Evans QB Virginia Tech-Very raw after only one year as a starter, but excellent physical tools and a good project to challenge for backup duties.  Chad Kelly is another option here as a more polished pocket passer, though with poor judgement and some character concerns.  
7a.  Jaylen Reeves Maybin LB Tennessee-dropping drastically due to injury.   A potential special teams guy or practice squad stash due to talent.  
7b.  Kai Nacua S BYU- Excellent ballhawk (12 ints in past two years), but will fall over concerns about speed.  Could be a special teamer or more practice squad fodder.  

Overall this is really good.

Your first 4 rounds bring in immediate impact players or players who will become long term starters. It addresses both defense and offense.

Adding Allen and Jarrad Davis take this defense to a whole other level and then adding Obi only makes it that much better.

Grabbing Mixon and Moton improve and injured offensive unit and give us another weapon and a solid lineman to help protect Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2017, 07:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I like the middle with the TE, PT, and K, but not as big a fan of the Allen pick for our defense or the LB from Florida.  Obi is interesting, but this team really has a more pressing need of a polished vertical threat.  Nice work, overall.

I think they like Core as a vertical threat in addition to LaFell, who is serviceable and Boyd who is improving.  I think Malone could be a diamond in the rough like Core in that respect.  
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2017, 08:53 AM)Crowe Wrote: Overall this is really good.

Your first 4 rounds bring in immediate impact players or players who will become long term starters. It addresses both defense and offense.

Adding Allen and Jarrad Davis take this defense to a whole other level and then adding Obi only makes it that much better.

Grabbing Mixon and Moton improve and injured offensive unit and give us another weapon and a solid lineman to help protect Dalton.

I think the first 7 players could all make an immediate impact if you include Gonzalez and Hodges.  Two tight end sets in the red zone would be hard to defend with a bruiser like Mixon and two 6'5" TE's and Green.  Gonzalez would be an upgrade over Nugent if he can beat out Bullock.  
Reply/Quote