Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The POSITIVE Takeaways Thread
First, I'd like to say that I'm very glad Gio was able to get up and walk after taking that hit. I know may fans feel the same way.

Also, the team worked up one hell of a rally to come back from zero points. Overall, both the offense and defense did a commendable job, sans the ugliness from both teams. It's a great feeling knowing your team is able to make it into the playoffs year after year.
_

Now I might catch some disagreement for this; but I think perhaps we needed a game like this to make progressive changes going forward. We have been steadily improving in recent years, and with some additional changes I think that trend will continue.

Please feel free to add your thoughts on any positive highlights.
Reply/Quote
The only positive takeaway I had is that I'll be emotionally divorced from this team moving forward.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
The defense played great, and Burfict was the teams MVP of the game easily.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:12 AM)Big Boss Wrote: The only positive takeaway I had is that I'll be emotionally divorced from this team moving forward.

I understand your feeling. At the very least, our team is not at the bottom of the barrel, so to speak.
Reply/Quote
I'm POSITIVE I'll be dumping my two lower bowl seats and eating a loss on the PSL's.

Done with the bullshit.
Reply/Quote
1) Andy Dalton will be back next season.
2) Geno Atkins is still Geno Atkins, and Carlos Dunlap is still Carlos Dunlap.
3) AJ Green and Tyler Eifert.

The Bengals went 12-4, were in the playoff game until the last play. Once we get over the raw emotion, I think we can be encouraged.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:12 AM)Big Boss Wrote: The only positive takeaway I had is that I'll be emotionally divorced from this team moving forward.

Ya. The positive is the fact that I will have a lot of free time next year from September to December. Why even bother watching this mess?
Reply/Quote
It's time for Marvin to step aside. We need a new coach while we still have talent.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:15 AM)hitchopottimus Wrote: 1) Andy Dalton will be back next season.
2) Geno Atkins is still Geno Atkins, and Carlos Dunlap is still Carlos Dunlap.
3) AJ Green and Tyler Eifert.

The Bengals went 12-4, were in the playoff game until the last play. Once we get over the raw emotion, I think we can be encouraged.

Don't think so.  The coaching staff has to go.  Lost control and they hold no one accountable.  I have zero confidence Mike Brown will make a good hire if he pulls the trigger.

With Marvin Lewis there is no hope.  I guarantee the Patriots would never tolerate the crap this staff does.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:16 AM)Krumie Wrote: It's time for Marvin to step aside.  We need a new coach while we still have talent.

It's time the owner decided to hire a GM and coach.  Would you still be ok as Marvin as GM only?

Is it possible he could be a better coach if he didn't wear two hats?
Reply/Quote
The only positive takeaway I have from tonight is that nobody won the Powerball and it's now going to be 1.3 billion on Wednesday.
Reply/Quote
Biggest positive for me is that we have found out that we have a very solid quarterback situation. We all thought AJM might be good, but we never really knew, and I was always worried about an injury to Dalton. Now we know he's got some game, and our backup situation seems very good. That's a big plus.

Also, I agree with other posters mentioning some of players who are big positives.

It's hard being positive tonight, though. And there may be a big question about how the team does recovering from devastating exhibition like this.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:11 AM)Emphasis Wrote: Now I might catch some disagreement for this; but I think perhaps we needed a game like this to make progressive changes going forward. 

You know what I think? This has got to be the most idiotic thread I've ever seen and know that the threads in the future can only be better going forward. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:28 AM)Thundercloud Wrote: Biggest positive for me is that we have found out that we have a very solid quarterback situation.  We all thought AJM might be good, but we never really knew, and I was always worried about an injury to Dalton. Now we know he's got some game, and our backup situation seems very good. That's a big plus.

Also, I agree with other posters mentioning some of players who are big positives.

It's hard being positive tonight, though.  And there may be a big question about how the team does recovering from devastating exhibition like this.

I don't know how AJM is a positive. He played like garbage the whole game. He's played bad in every game that isn't preseason so far.
Reply/Quote
AJ McCarron didn't completely choke when the pressure was on.  He will make a valuable backup.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
He floated a ball to AJ Green who made him look good.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:29 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I don't know how AJM is a positive. He played like garbage the whole game. He's played bad in every game that isn't preseason so far.

He had a better QB rating tonight than Andy Dalton has ever had in the playoffs.

He threw a potential game-winning TD pass with less than 2 minutes to go in the game.

Make an intelligent comment next time.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:29 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I don't know how AJM is a positive. He played like garbage the whole game. He's played bad in every game that isn't preseason so far.

He played okay.  The fumble was a great play by Jarvis Jones, and pretty much the play of Jones's bust of a career so far.  The pick was bad, but AJ didn't fold after it.  When the game was on the line AJ did his best work.  Not bad for what amounts to his rookie season.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:29 AM)GodFather Wrote: You know what I think? This has got to be the most idiotic thread I've ever seen and know that the threads in the future can only be better going forward. 

I've made some very valid points. On the other hand, your post seems to be utterly useless.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 04:30 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: AJ McCarron didn't completely choke when the pressure was on.  He will make a valuable backup.

Yep... He didn't choke when he can't move the football down the field, and throws 1 INT, and then should have thrown a second. Then he fumbles the ball 3 times with one of them resulting in a turnover.

Yep... McCarron is a solid backup
Reply/Quote