Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Panama Papers
Massive internal document leak.

Quote:Leaders, criminals, celebrities

A giant leak of more than 11.5 million financial and legal records exposes a system that enables crime, corruption and wrongdoing, hidden by secretive offshore companies.
Gatekeeper to Offshore Secrets
Panamanian law firm Mossack Fonseca’s files include the offshore holdings of drug dealers, Mafia members, corrupt politicians and tax evaders – and wrongdoing galore.

https://panamapapers.icij.org/

So far just tied to Putin and a few other foreign politicians. It will be interesting to see if any U.S. citizens, celebrities or politicians names come out. Could we see Trump or The Clintons names come out?

This is just one lawfirm. How many more are there like this in the world?
[Image: s-l400.jpg]
(04-03-2016, 07:35 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: It will be interesting to see if any U.S. citizens, celebrities or politicians names come out. 

Probably a safe bet.  A firm like this likely handles many legit clients, as well.  There are many legal, albeit often questionable, offshore tax shelters.  But you can certainly be overly "aggressive", and usually buy a supporting opinion that may or may not do you much good in court.
--------------------------------------------------------

(04-03-2016, 07:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: [Image: s-l400.jpg]
Are those "papers" ?
This is exactly what I've been warning everyone about. No, no that's ok. No need to apologize, lol. 

And this is just the tip of the iceberg. This company is the fourth largest. There's bigger fish to fry. 
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
(04-03-2016, 07:35 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Massive internal document leak.

So far just tied to Putin and a few other foreign politicians. It will be interesting to see if any U.S. citizens, celebrities or politicians names come out. Could we see Trump or The Clintons names come out?

This is just one lawfirm. How many more are there like this in the world?

I've been following this for several weeks in conjunction with the indictments in Brazil of their president and former president on corruption charges.

This is a BIG thing!
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
500 employees and 2013 billings of only $42M? That's only $80k per employee - I guess being a lawyer to crooks doesn't pay what it used to.

(04-04-2016, 12:14 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: This is exactly what I've been warning everyone about. 

Link?
(04-04-2016, 12:34 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: 500 employees and 2013 billings of only $42M?  That's only $80k per employee - I guess being a lawyer to crooks doesn't pay what it used to.

Or like 5 guys making millions and a bunch of paper pushers under them make a lot less?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-04-2016, 11:02 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Link?

My post was suppose to read 'type of stuff that I've been warning about'.  I thought I phrased that way, Guess not. 

I wouldn't take credit for this particular story. Just that I've told you guys over and over something is going on, only to be told these type of things don't exist, or too many people couldn't keep a secret, I live in fantasy land, blah blah blah. Well here it is and it's just the tip of the iceberg. 

My post history is my link. You of all people know it.  
(04-04-2016, 12:07 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: My post was suppose to read 'type of stuff that I've been warning about'.  I thought I phrased that way, Guess not. 

I wouldn't take credit for this particular story. Just that I've told you guys over and over something is going on, only to be told these type of things don't exist, or too many people couldn't keep a secret, I live in fantasy land, blah blah blah. Well here it is and it's just the tip of the iceberg. 

My post history is my link. You of all people know it.  

I don't think anyone ever said that there were not big money crooks out there.

That is MUCH different than claiming a secret society controls all business and government decisions. 
(04-04-2016, 11:46 AM)GMDino Wrote: Or like 5 guys making millions and a bunch of paper pushers under them make a lot less?

Still not very much money considering.....they had to be handling tens of billions of dollars - those transaction fees are nothing. 

Of course, if they used their own services it was probably a lot more than $42M.  Only $42M reported or what the researchers could find.  That would make more sense.

(04-04-2016, 12:46 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Still not very much money considering.....they had to be handling tens of billions of dollars - those transaction fees are nothing. 

Of course, if they used their own services it was probably a lot more than $42M.  Only $42M reported or what the researchers could find.  That would make more sense.

Yeah I was just thinking that they probably made a lot of cash that went unreported...
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-04-2016, 12:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think anyone ever said that there were not big money crooks out there.

That is MUCH different than claiming a secret society controls all business and government decisions. 

'Big money crooks' only begins to describe this. We're talking about heads of State. They don't rub elbows with you and me. They are in fact their own society, it's called high society. And they have secrets, as a group, that you wouldn't believe. this is evidence of that.  And this evidence is said to include more than just money 'managing'. 

Have you even asked yourself why no Americans have been named? It's not because there aren't any. 
If anyone cares to 'follow the money'. This article is available

Link

Quote:After years of lambasting other countries for helping rich Americans hide their money offshore, the U.S. is emerging as a leading tax and secrecy haven for rich foreigners. By resisting new global disclosure standards, the U.S. is creating a hot new market, becoming the go-to place to stash foreign wealth. Everyone from London lawyers to Swiss trust companies is getting in on the act, helping the world’s rich move accounts from places like the Bahamas and the British Virgin Islands to Nevada, Wyoming, and South Dakota.
(04-04-2016, 02:18 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Have you even asked yourself why no Americans have been named? It's not because there aren't any. 

What American is involved who has not been named?
(04-04-2016, 02:18 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: 'Big money crooks' only begins to describe this. We're talking about heads of State. They don't rub elbows with you and me. They are in fact their own society, it's called high society. And they have secrets, as a group, that you wouldn't believe. this is evidence of that.  And this evidence is said to include more than just money 'managing'. 

What you have been claiming is that all of these people are so in control of everything that they are above the law.  This clearly proves you are wrong because these people are going to a lot of trouble to avoid the consequences of the law.  

I have always admitted that there are people with a lot of money who are involved in criminal activity.  That is much different from your claim that they are all so above the law they are untouchable.  

If these people control the law then why are they hiding from the law?
(04-04-2016, 02:32 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: If anyone cares to 'follow the money'. This article is available

Link

Wow.  An entire story based on statements that were never made.    Rolleyes

That is pretty impressive proof that a company that paid an $11.5 million dollar penalty to the U.S. Department of Justice and was forced to shut down 300 accounts with $794 million in assets is "above the law".
(04-04-2016, 02:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What American is involved who has not been named?

I don't believe the actual leak has been made public, has it?  As in, able to be searched by anyone?  I think that is what he's getting at.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-04-2016, 03:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What you have been claiming is that all of these people are so in control of everything that they are above the law.  This clearly proves you are wrong because these people are going to a lot of trouble to avoid the consequences of the law.  

I have always admitted that there are people with a lot of money who are involved in criminal activity.  That is much different from your claim that they are all so above the law they are untouchable.  

If these people control the law then why are they hiding from the law?

You've confused me with someone else. Yeah I think there's people above the law, I don't know who they are, if any of these people are them. I've certainly never said governments are behind anything. I believe in a group. I don't call them illuminati or NWO or government. I don't know who or what they are. I can take an educated guess though, but it's still just a guess. 

What these documents are proving though, is that the elite have a system in place where many of them are aware of it and in part they think they're above the law. Now why would so many of them feel this way? You think they came up with it independently?

This isn't a bank were talking about here  This a law firm/consulting firm that offers unique services.