Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The QB position
(06-01-2018, 03:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Part of me can understand the criticism that the Bengals are content to just hold with a decent QB rather than chase a new one, but as you touched upon, the 2 guys in the division who have SB titles also have a bad back and/or threaten to retire every year.

Agreed, and maybe if we hadn't shit the bed a couple of years ago trying to address the line, we wouldn't have been in the position we were this year come draft/offseason.  Had that not been the case, maybe the Bengals would have drafted a QB.  As it stood, we essentially got Cordy Glenn and Billy Price out of our first round.  That NEEDED to happen.  I have a feeling they will be looking for a replacement, or a guy to groom in the next couple of drafts.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2018, 03:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: Agreed, and maybe if we hadn't shit the bed a couple of years ago trying to address the line, we wouldn't have been in the position we were this year come draft/offseason.  Had that not been the case, maybe the Bengals would have drafted a QB.  As it stood, we essentially got Cordy Glenn and Billy Price out of our first round.  That NEEDED to happen.  I have a feeling they will be looking for a replacement, or a guy to groom in the next couple of drafts.

I'm going to say it now, if that's the case, put me down for wanting the kid from Penn State!
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2018, 03:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I have a feeling you have a lot of piss yellow and black in your closet...

Not that I even completely disagree with you here but this board is supposed to be for Bengals fans only.

Well, 

1 -  I detest the Steelers (but respect them)

2 - Love when any sort of self-bengal obvious critique that it 'too harsh' gets met with the convenient 'must be a stooler' retort

try better.  If this board was just meant to propogate the bengals success, it wouldn't exist 
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2018, 11:13 AM)fredtoast Wrote: C'mon man, what QBs were the Steelers drafting 5 years ago when Ben was Andy's age?

Landry Jones in the 4th
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2018, 06:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Landry Jones in the 4th

Yeah, but what high round QB were they taking? That's what Fred was responding to.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2018, 06:15 PM)873513 Wrote: Well, 

2 - Love when any sort of self-bengal obvious critique that it 'too harsh' gets met with the convenient 'must be a stooler' retort

try better.  If this board was just meant to propogate the bengals success, it wouldn't exist 

Lots of people here are critical of some things the Bengals do.  But pretty much no one is 100% negative like you.

You should be able to understand how that makes it look like you are not a Bengal fan at all.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2018, 06:35 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Yeah, but what high round QB were they taking? That's what Fred was responding to.

Right.

We just drafted QB this year.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2018, 06:35 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Yeah, but what high round QB were they taking? That's what Fred was responding to.

It's higher than we've drafted a QB since obtaining Dalton, so perhaps Fred's was not the best response. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2018, 06:15 PM)873513 Wrote: Well, 

Many fans are critical of the team and the decisions that the management make.  However, most of those fans that point out things they don't like or are unhappy with also make an example of what they would have liked to see happen, or what they would have done in that position.

As it stands now, much of your input reads like pure bashing.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
An entire article that pertains to our discussion.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/06/05/andy-dalton-ranked-26th-best-quarterback-sporting-news/673734002/
Reply/Quote
26 is pretty ridiculous. He’s at least somewhere in the mid teens.

Reply/Quote
26 is silly , I have him ranked 27. after his new hairdo I thought for sure he would be a better QB.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2018, 11:32 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: An entire article that pertains to our discussion.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/06/05/andy-dalton-ranked-26th-best-quarterback-sporting-news/673734002/

(06-11-2018, 11:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 26 is pretty ridiculous. He’s at least somewhere in the mid teens.

(06-12-2018, 03:38 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: 26 is silly , I have him ranked 27. after his new hairdo I thought for sure he would be a better QB.

Interestingly enough, if you go to the actual article the Cincinnati.com's article is talking about, the actual headline (which is all I can bring up on my work PC) is "Ranking all 32 NFL Quarterbacks".

Does the author not realize there are more than 32 QBs in the NFL? Sure, sure, he probably meant "starting QBs" but even then there's no guarantee on who the starting QB will be for some teams or that the stater in Game 16 will be the same as from Game 1.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Dalton being ranked 26th just proves what I said about writers/narratives is correct.

Even the most ardent anti-Dalton guys on this board will (I think) admit 26th is ridiculous.

Now why would a national writer NOT think 26th is ridiculous?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Thumbs Up 
(06-12-2018, 03:38 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: 26 is silly , I have him ranked 27. after his new hairdo I thought for sure he would be a better QB.

Best parody pf today's media that I've read in awhile.  There's always truth in the best comedy. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
I'm considered the biggest Dalton hater around here and yet every single national media has him ranked below even me.

Perhaps claiming that he's an average QB isn't so crazy after all.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2018, 04:55 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I'm considered the biggest Dalton hater around here and yet every single national media has him ranked below even me.  

Perhaps claiming that he's an average QB isn't so crazy after all.

Where does the national media have you ranked? Ninja
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2018, 12:21 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Where does the national media have you ranked? Ninja

Ranked much higher than you. 
Reply/Quote
We need a Wilson , Mahones, type play maker at QB. The guy we have now after 8 years is not cutting it
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2018, 05:31 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: Ranked much higher than you. 

[Image: hhn.gif]
Reply/Quote