Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIP Nick Menza
I loved this guy's work on Megadeth's album.

I believe he went from being the drum tech to becoming the best drummer the band ever had.

Rust in Peace...

[Image: th?id=HS.285006118313&pid=15.1]

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/7378350/nick-menza-former-megadeth-drummer-dies-on-stage-at-51-ohm-davemustaine

Former drummer of Megadeth, Nick Menza, who played on many of the metal band’s successful albums in the 1990s, died Saturday (May 21) after collapsing on stage during a concert.

He was 51.

Menza was playing with his new band Ohm at the The Baked Potato in Los Angeles when he suddenly collapsed during third song of the performance. Paramedics couldn’t revive him and a cause of death has not been released.

Throughout the '90s, Menza played drums on such Megadeth albums as Rust in Peace, Countdown to Extinction and Youthanasia.

His death came as a shock to Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine.
“Tell me this isn't true,” Mustaine tweeted Sunday. “I woke at 4 AM to hear Nick Menza passed away on 5/21 playing his drums w/Ohm at the Baked Potato.”

Ex-Megadeth guitarist Marty Friedman called Menza a “great and unique drummer” and a “hilarious bandmater” in a Facebook post Sunday. “I’m beyond sad, did not see this coming at all. RIP Brother."
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The band in Heaven is getting pretty badass.
We lost Ray Manzarek (The Doors) this week, too.
RIP boys....
Reply/Quote
What a terrible year for losing musicians. R.I.P. Nick
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We'll have to see what the cause of death is.

In Dave Mustaine's book he ripped him pretty hard for being a drug addict.

Which I found odd and hypocritical coming from Mustaine.

Nick replaced the original drummer who was a heroine addict and was fired for the same reason.

Oddly enough Nick was in a band with the original guitarist that was fired for being an addict as well.

Apparently only Dave could be a junkie in his own band.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
[Image: eaf687725e42c06f6461a6df2db695cc.jpg]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ray Manzarek died in 2013.

Anywya,

Rust in Peace was and still is an incredible record and a lot of that has to do with Nick. At least he died what he loved doing.

RIP

Reply/Quote
Rust in Peace is the tightest metal album I've ever heard. His drums on the intro to the last song on it are disgusting. Nick is the 2nd Megadeth drummer to die at an early age. Gar Samuelson was a great drummer as well.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2016, 11:52 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Ray Manzarek died in 2013.

Anywya,

Rust in Peace was and still is an incredible record and a lot of that has to do with Nick. At least he died what he loved doing.

RIP

Shit...lol
That will teach me to fact-check facebook posts.
*derp*
Whatever
Reply/Quote
RIP Menza Rock On
Reply/Quote