Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New concussionproof helmets
[Image: Knockerball-Louisville-Bubble-Soccer-18-ROUND-475w.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2016, 01:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: [Image: Knockerball-Louisville-Bubble-Soccer-18-ROUND-475w.png]

However, with extended use product could produce dizziness, vomiting, and in extreme cases, heat stroke. Cool
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2016, 01:51 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: However, with extended use product could produce dizziness, vomiting, and in extreme cases, heat stroke. Cool

Also they would have to get rid of the ball aspect of football...
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2016, 02:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Also they would have to get rid of the ball aspect of football...

They could utilize one of those sucking drive thru banking apparatus to get the ball in there.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2016, 04:14 PM)jason Wrote: They could utilize one of those sucking drive thru banking apparatus to get the ball in there.

The quarterbacks would have bazookas mounted on the side somehow.  Then they could really say, "boy, he has a cannon for an arm."
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Haha nice one Fred
Reply/Quote
I've seen people playing soccer with these things and it actually looks like a lot of fun. Someone did point out the very real danger to your knee ligaments from the sudden changes in direction though.

Reply/Quote
There is not now nor will there ever be a helmet that is completely concussion proof. No helmet is ever going to stop your brain from slamming into the inside of your skull no matter how well designed it is.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2016, 11:02 PM)mallorian69 Wrote: There is not now nor will there ever be a helmet that is completely concussion proof. No helmet is ever going to stop your brain from slamming into the inside of your skull no matter how well designed it is.

The only way to stop concussions is to stop contact.  Or to remove humans from the field.  and have them pilot mechs like Cletus the robot.  and let the robots duke it out.

then it would open up who could actually get a job in the NFL and create jobs for mechanics as well.
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2016, 11:02 PM)mallorian69 Wrote: There is not now nor will there ever be a helmet that is completely concussion proof. No helmet is ever going to stop your brain from slamming into the inside of your skull no matter how well designed it is.

What if they surgically installed a helmet system inside of the football players brain O_o stabilizing his brain stem and spinal coord.
Reply/Quote
Yep, it appears these won't stop traumatic brain injuries.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/cobb-county/hs-senior-suffers-brain-injury-while-playing-bubble-soccer/291967620

My first thought at seeing this game was it was a further extension of helicopter parents only allowing soccer as a sport for their kids for safety reasons. So much for that thinking.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2016, 10:45 PM)Penn Wrote: Yep, it appears these won't stop traumatic brain injuries.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/cobb-county/hs-senior-suffers-brain-injury-while-playing-bubble-soccer/291967620

My first thought at seeing this game was it was a further extension of helicopter parents only allowing soccer as a sport for their kids for safety reasons.  So much for that thinking.

Don't look up images of soccer injuries!
Reply/Quote

(05-18-2016, 03:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: The only way to stop concussions is to stop contact.  Or to remove humans from the field.  and have them pilot mechs like Cletus the robot.  and let the robots duke it out.

then it would open up who could actually get a job in the NFL and create jobs for mechanics as well.

But we can do more to prevent concussions.  Just because we can not eliminate thme comp;etely does not mean we should not keep trying to prevent them.

Seems to me it would help to have some sort of more flexible or "floating" face mask that would absorb more force.  Maybe have little shock absorbers where it attaches to the helmet.  Or have the helmet constructed of separate pieces held together with a flexible material. 
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2016, 03:44 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: What if they surgically installed a helmet system inside of the football players brain O_o stabilizing his brain stem and spinal coord.

Then they'd look like this.

[Image: Aliens.jpg]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2016, 10:28 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Then they'd look like this.

HIT!
Reply/Quote
(05-19-2016, 10:28 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Then they'd look like this.

That's the current Steelers Dline. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote