Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
The REAL Mismatch
(09-21-2022, 06:25 PM)jason Wrote: Were they worse than this so far? So far Jonah has regressed, Cordell is whatever, Ted is a definite upgrade (same with Cappa), and I see why Dallas let collins go.

I watched Burrow's highlights from last year and yeah, so far, he's had visibly less time than he had last year - amazing to say. At least he didn't duck and run back then.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 10:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He was literally one of the best QB’s in the league last season with an even worse OL than we have now.

Yes, you’re absolutely right about last year.

(09-21-2022, 11:28 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Thing is, i don't remember his threads being this terrible until recently (relatively speaking--couple be a couple years...).

This thread may indeed be terrible but is it unrealistic to expect the reigning AFC champions to play somewhat like the reigning AFC champions?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 06:17 PM)TheFan Wrote: Then he needs to do something to figure out a new routine that works for him. I've never heard of a QB basically forgetting how to play for the first couple series every game. 

You’ve never heard of an athlete who takes awhile to settle down in a game? Callihan and Taylor have been working with him extensively on the call sheet forever. Joe really struggled his first year in almost every first quarter of his first year at LSU. He got increasingly more relaxed the second quarter.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Just need Joe to find his cool again.

But that may be hard to do with the way Jonah and LC are blocking though.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 07:43 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Yes, you’re absolutely right about last year.

This thread may indeed be terrible but is it unrealistic to expect the reigning AFC champions to play somewhat like the reigning AFC champions?

Nope. I thought they'd come out firing and look like the force people were hoping for. Alas, welcome to my life, where things like that don't happen. 

It is unrealistic to ask for or expect two starting guys from the oline to run things. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 07:50 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: You’ve never heard of an athlete who takes awhile to settle down in a game?  Callihan and Taylor have been working with him extensively on the call sheet forever. Joe really struggled his first year in almost every first quarter of his first year at LSU. He got increasingly more relaxed the second quarter.

I'm not saying it hasn't happened, I honestly haven't put in the research for it. I know a lot of the top young QBs have not had the same issue but maybe the Bradys and Mannings have/do. 

But what top tier QB has been as bad as him to start games in their NFL careers? He's not in his 1st year starting as a QB after not playing for 2-3 years. He's coming off a 20 game season and has almost 30 NFL starts. 

Again, I think Burrow can be a top tier QB but he is not as physically talented as a lot of the other top tier guys. He is always going to have to be better mentally and he has not been this year and has not been to start games in his NFL career. He was last year 2nd quarter of the game and on. 
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 10:08 PM)TheFan Wrote: I'm not saying it hasn't happened, I honestly haven't put in the research for it. I know a lot of the top young QBs have not had the same issue but maybe the Bradys and Mannings have/do. 

But what top tier QB has been as bad as him to start games in their NFL careers? He's not in his 1st year starting as a QB after not playing for 2-3 years. He's coming off a 20 game season and has almost 30 NFL starts. 

Again, I think Burrow can be a top tier QB but he is not as physically talented as a lot of the other top tier guys. He is always going to have to be better mentally and he has not been this year and has not been to start games in his NFL career. He was last year 2nd quarter of the game and on. 

He’s a genuine star QB who is in a funk. I think he’s like a golfer or batter in a slump. He’ll get rolling
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote